Duelling & Diablo 3 > Rules & development

D3CL PvP Rules - open discussion

<< < (11/22) > >>

GREEN2172:

--- Quote from: error on February 20, 2013, 11:55:05 am ---
Let's change the ladder system then. This solution can't be more simple: Prisoner's dilemma.
Set of rules:
1- Rounds that last more than 5 minutes are draw (like a double KO) +1/+1.
2- Encounters that end in 5/5 (draw encounters) make both opponents lose double quantity of points.
3- Subsequent draw encounters will double the last penalty applied to each opponent (exponential growth for everyone).

--- End quote ---

This could be good BUT some players still can abuse system. For example: you are top1 in rank, you play with medium opponent and you can lose ~40 score. If he is DH he can use build to run fast and you will be unable to kill him in 5 minutes. He can specially draw to take your 80 points from your overall score.

And what with normal draws, like 4:4, I will kill enemy and I will die from rend/haunt? It's 5:5 too...

Mr.Mag:
we'll contact you soon coz we're creating dev team to set up the rules and we have no good wizard on board :)

kaio:

--- Quote from: Mr.Mag on February 20, 2013, 13:03:33 pm ---we'll contact you soon coz we're creating dev team to set up the rules and we have no good wizard on board :)

--- End quote ---

thx a lot!!

Do it before I sell all items and quit d3!   ;D

Euronymous:
Are stalemates really that big of a problem right now? Wouldn't it be sufficient to just draw with +-0 for the rare occasion and avoid those players in the future? There are more than enough duelers out there to gain points.

Error, the rules you suggested would make dueling less fun for me. I really think what we need most now are match-up rules to even out class imbalances.
I obviously agree with kaio here, wizards need a huge buff by league rules.

--- Quote from: error on February 20, 2013, 11:55:05 am ---Every player must have a defined standard built to avoid forced stalemates. If classes don't have a predefined built/playstyle there are more chances of forced stalemate.
--- End quote ---

a. Same build to begin all duels. Takes away one of the most interesting features D3 has to offer. I never had a stalemate yet, thanks to the diversity of WDs. If I see a really tanky barb I just pack more offensive skills. A "one-for-all" build would have to be balanced and therefore lack the damage needed to take down some tanks. In this case the rule would force me to force a stalemate.

--- Quote from: error on February 20, 2013, 11:55:05 am ---Set of rules:
1- Rounds that last more than 5 minutes are draw (like a double KO) +1/+1.
2- Encounters that end in 5/5 (draw encounters) make both opponents lose double quantity of points.
3- Subsequent draw encounters will double the last penalty applied to each opponent (exponential growth for everyone).

--- End quote ---

b. This will give "bad mannered" players another option. Once you are leading, avoid getting killed for 5 minutes and you will win the duel.

Crensh:
I dont think that enforcing builds will work and very few people would like to play like this. Banning certain skills that are impossible to counter is the way to go.
Now in regards to life regen on tanky builds I think that ideally we should try and create a community that is free of people trying to ruin the fun of pvp. You can ban 3k + regen for instance but people will come up with some other lame ideas for sure. Perhaps you could introduce a fair play statement alongside the Rules that would basically ask people not to use lame tactics or any form of grief. I mean we are a small community and if some individuals will ruin the fun for others they can be simply excluded from the  league at jugde's discretion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version