Duelling & Diablo 3 > Rules & development

D3CL PvP Rules - open discussion

<< < (19/22) > >>

mannercookie:
hp caps and dps caps won't work since the stat sheet dps is highly incorrect for some clases while not for others, it would be a very imbalanced rule system.

hps is same thing, some classes core skills are designed around hp pools, setting a cap would limit their builds while other classes aren't affected.

I suppose there could be individual caps per class, but I mean I don't think it really matters at the end-game gear level for pvp, the fact that someone has 10k more life than u just doesn't make much difference I found.

I've recently dueled some players with extremely high pvp gear level, and all I can tell you is that, PVP in it's current state at the highest end PVP gear (not pve gear), is very heavily RNG based to make any sort of competitive scene work. This is due to the fact that at end-game gear, most players will have a balance of mitigation+dps and it really comes down to crit% since crits are the only form of damage vs each other with the current BIS items in game for pvp. Crit % is way too random to ever show a clear advantage for one person.

without the rock,paper,scissor element in the matches, it just won't work.

and also I don't even think rings/ammy changes should be allowed and I can't see how that will be moderated unless everyone is recording their duels. Only other solution could be must have empty inventory, and a ref can be requested at any point randomly during the match to come in and dump a full inventory full of blues or what not and if they aren't able to pick it up, obv their inventory wasn't empty.

even with the friendly fire, I think 2v2 is something that has potential to be good and competitive.

but 1v1 dueling at it's current state is really impossible to make work without some really dramatic game-changing rules set in place, and dramatic changes will cause different items to be BIS. I just don't think it'll attract too many players to the league if that's the case.

Damx:
well, maybe cut the thing in half and ban cc or cd ? cc will be alot easier to cut imo. i wonder how could that work

mannercookie:

--- Quote from: Damx on February 25, 2013, 19:35:02 pm ---well, maybe cut the thing in half and ban cc or cd ? cc will be alot easier to cut imo. i wonder how could that work

--- End quote ---

if we ban CC/CD, we might as well ban all the gear in  game and limit it to naked fights with blue weapons.

this is ofc due to the fact that without CC/CD, players have too much mitigation/regen/skills/passives/etc. that allow them to survive, meaning ofc an endless duel.

Damx:
well cutting cd maybe, but cutting cc will lead to stacking max cd on char - resulting lucky crit could win the game .. hmm - with other lmitations cutting cc could work

Euronymous:
Totally agree with mannercookie here. Limits like that will only make d3cl less popular. Who wants to spend weeks of searching and billions of gold for gear with which you get raped even in public games and which is only viable in the microcosm that is d3cl?

People want to register with their #1 PvP-Dummy, #1 whatever chars and be able to duel right away with only minor adjustments.
For me, like I already mentioned before, minor adjustments would mean banning certain skills in certain match-ups.
I consider banning certain overpowered items as minor adjustments too, though right now I don't see any overpowered items yet. Biggest differences probably come from the choice of weapons (1h+shield/offhand, dual wield, 2hander), but they all have their pros/cons.

Major changes like altering equipment or destroying gear/build synergies should be the last resort and not implemented until minor changes have been proven to be insufficient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version