• March 29, 2024, 00:22:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: D3CL PTR League initial conclusions  (Read 3970 times)

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
Re: D3CL PTR League initial conclusions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 21:11:39 pm »

I think statistics tell very little at this point, other than that Keen is a great player, witchdoctors are probably a little overpowered and barbs and wizards underpowered. I think it would be very interesting if the most active player of every class would write their own conclusions, not based on statistics but based on perceived balance.

As a monk, I think Keen is definitely beatable (i lost 1-5) but it will take amazing gear and play skill. My initial thought to balance this particular matchup a little is to ban shields on wd's, although I'm hoping of course Bliz will tune things a bit more so we won't need to ban anything ourselves.

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 21:36:07 pm »

i definitely agree that statistics doesnt tell the whole story, and a lot depends on certain player skills/gear/experience and the sample is not large enough to draw the long lasting conclusions, however it shows that wd when used by decent player with nice equip can be quite powerful; but we are not going to make any rules decisions based on statistics, players are learning playstyles versus certain classes

but stats shows that the players are interested in the league and enjoy this type of environment, its only test league on PTR server and there almost 200 duels played with average 4.5 duel per active player

Keen

• Honorary Member
  • Imp
  • Hell Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 21:44:16 pm »

i definitely agree that statistics doesnt tell the whole story, and a lot depends on certain player skills/gear/experience and the sample is not large enough to draw the long lasting conclusions, however it shows that wd when used by decent player with nice equip can be quite powerful; but we are not going to make any rules decisions based on statistics, players are learning playstyles versus certain classes

but stats shows that the players are interested in the league and enjoy this type of environment, its only test league on PTR server and there almost 200 duels played with average 4.5 duel per active player

Agreed, players will learn how to addapt with their playstyle and gear setups vs certain classes when patch hits live, its just matter of time for them to learn. Most of people are just slacking PTR.

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 17 queries.