• May 02, 2024, 16:53:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Blue post on pvp  (Read 19434 times)

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
Re: Blue post on pvp
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 15:04:45 pm »

Tbh i care much only about custom arenas or an opportunity to simply host anyone you want - i dont need Bllizard's help in e-gaming. But posting there one hell of a topic about custom arenas/random hosts is important imo! Ajan maybe? :p

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 15:51:40 pm »

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 15:54:45 pm »

As i said it is just a mess of contradictional posts about how d2 in was crap/fun and that there were rules/no rules, that hackers took over and so on. It's pretty clear people posting there have no clue about pvp leagues which we had for decade here...

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 16:05:02 pm »

i absolutly agree with you, but the point at all is, how can we find a way, blizzard will recognize our wishes about pvp in a serious and mature topic. ive read nearly every post in this topic and alot of people trying to get into the "right" direction. i was thinking about a page with a collection of signatures. in the way of facebook "likes". and then promote this site via battle.net forum. in the way of "look how many people care about pvp".
In my opinion alot of people wish to have a good pvp system, but i doubt they knew they wont get one.

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 16:18:59 pm »

some kind of petition? i think we could do it even here. the best way is to list some main postulates instead of wall of text

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 16:26:27 pm »

We will run facebook page shortly ;)

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 16:28:42 pm »

I don't have facebook so I can't support anything there.
I think it would be a good idea to combine these things. You make a stand here on this site as community with a list of main points and you back it up with a facebook page (linking to the site here)... and with that as your munition you hand it over to blizzard.
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 16:31:16 pm »

accumulating hundreds of thousands of signatures on an unknown site will be difficult ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 16:37:46 pm by Mr.Mag »

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 16:32:33 pm »

I don't have facebook so I can't support anything there.
I think it would be a good idea to combine these things. You make a stand here on this site as community with a list of main points and you back it up with a facebook page (linking to the site here)... and with that as your munition you hand it over to blizzard.

or maybe we should wait until the release and see what the options actually are. We don't know yet if it will be disabled completely and Blizzard is not likely to make a change in the game right now.
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Mantas

• Kabraxis
  • ghost in the shell
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 18:26:59 pm »

so it will be looks like d2, good? bad? mhM

:o
I think it will be similar. Only question is will it be possible only at arenas or as in D2/WoW in 'open' enviroment. I myself hope that they enable us both options.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

ness

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 19:08:02 pm »

It's imo pure business decision to not promote/support D3 pvp, to not make it viable tournament platform.
They feel that success of D3 pvp may canibalize chances of their own DOTA game, which is currently under development and is afaik planned to be available in f2p mode. Also even though it's blizzard they don't have unlimited resources to work on 2 pvp titles.
While DOTA-like games are not the same as diablo games pvpwise they share a lot similarities.
And what's most important they share a playerbase.
They don't want to risk and try to develop a competitive pvp game in unproven genre (h&s), what's worse a game that is not f2p like LoL, rather they are aiming to "steal" some ppl from LoL and upcoming valve dota, because that's a huge market already.

Hopefully they will at least provide us with enough options to make D3 pvp manageable. We'll prove them wrong then :D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 19:09:54 pm by ness »

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 19:14:09 pm »

Dunno about Facebook imho. I'd rather send a printed petition with some kind of signature scans of European PvP league admins or something like that. Way more serious for me. Posting that kind of stuff on forums would only make ppl spam how we don't know shit about D3 blah blah blah...

We could do that, but I guess they will consider us as yet another bunch of random kids playing in Diablo 3 e-sport...

B4ST4RD

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 20:13:46 pm »

You'll need huuuuuuuuge numbers to merely get noticed by Blizzard. You'd need to involve other communities, huge communities. Hmm you could try with d*****fans.com but their userbase is so retardedly anti-PVP you most likely will cancel it.

ness

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 20:48:47 pm »

We could do that, but I guess they will consider us as yet another bunch of random kids playing in Diablo 3 e-sport...
And they will be right except for kids part, but it changes nothing here.

What's the point of such petition now? To show that there are some ppl expecting serious pvp?
Silly idd.
Do we know what options for pvp blizz intends? We know that they are not aiming to make it 'balanced' and 'e-sport ready'. And it's not gonna change. Period. Be serious.
They are multi-billion $ company not some indie 5 ppl team developer.

Besides that general statement we know nothing.
So, maybe just ask first on bnet forums and wait for reply.
Was it asked already? What was the answer then? Afaik there wasn't any.
They haven't reveal any details of pvp.
Probably because they are still far from finishing it/they are considering their options, nothing is set in stone as of now.
So complaining/demanding, sending some official petitions and shit will result only in being ignored or getting some standard PR reply. Because there's nothing else possible now.

Cool down, ask on bnet forums, wait for some reply then depending on reply or lack of thereof think about other options.
There's plenty of time after all. Several months or so.
After all they're gonna reveal some details well before pvp release for sure.
We might whine then.
Now there's no point.

NUBNEC

• Honorary Member
  • Lucion
  • NUBNEC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 21:37:13 pm »

Most of other forums, or all of them are anti-pvp. Maybe open pvp like on old d2. But its gay for us, jo?
So richi u know how it gonna be..

:o
pKu
Pages: 1 [2] 3

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 17 queries.