• March 29, 2024, 03:25:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PvP Blog  (Read 12087 times)

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
Re: PvP Blog
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 19:42:35 pm »

We could do that. But I'm afraid it's going to be a true HACK AND SLASH ;)

AsaroV

• Rakanoth
  • Nec playah
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 20:43:24 pm »

We could do that. But I'm afraid it's going to be a true HACK AND SLASH ;)

its already HACK  :-\

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 21:08:37 pm »

I think we cannot say anything about possible rules until we actually start playing it. We will see. First tournaments in postreality lasted very long. Some duels took up a whole night because the rules weren't defined right ^^.
Still, that's the charm of building up  8)

And jonte.. don't be an emo haha  ;D
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 11:19:36 am »

Even if d3 pvp becomes somewhat balanced/playable from Blizzard (through slight skills tweaking), don't forget that there will always be 2 camps of gamers. One camp of elitists who definitely will spend hours and hours of practising and eventually become really good - for which 100 paragon is just matter of few weeks and shouldn't be capped. And then more casual players - like 90% of all who take part in duelling, who are pretty solid with paragon lvl 40, 50 for example. So as time goes on, I'm still pretty certain this will need like 2 rulesets ("leagues").
One for more casual audience, which will be even more popular I suppose, and other one for diablo hardcore nolifers.

I mean even in d2 tvt you had no chance to win some veterans while you were just rookie...expecting in d3 even bigger gaps in difference (due to the crazy items etc.)

Glasgow

• Imp
    • View Profile
    • Najemnicy z Ognistej Twierdzy
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:23 am »

IMO separating players isn't good idea. In Poland we have a sentence: If you fall, do it from a highest horse ;) There is nothing better when you challenge semi-pro players so u know how far is your progress. Besides Paragon LvL cap doesn't give you OP. Every lvl gains you +3 primary stat, +2 vit and +1 rest, so the difference is like a matter of gems in gear.

Nemra

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 15:00:44 pm »

Even if d3 pvp becomes somewhat balanced/playable from Blizzard (through slight skills tweaking), don't forget that there will always be 2 camps of gamers. One camp of elitists who definitely will spend hours and hours of practising and eventually become really good - for which 100 paragon is just matter of few weeks and shouldn't be capped. And then more casual players - like 90% of all who take part in duelling, who are pretty solid with paragon lvl 40, 50 for example. So as time goes on, I'm still pretty certain this will need like 2 rulesets ("leagues").
One for more casual audience, which will be even more popular I suppose, and other one for diablo hardcore nolifers.

I mean even in d2 tvt you had no chance to win some veterans while you were just rookie...expecting in d3 even bigger gaps in difference (due to the crazy items etc.)

I'm with Saesa on this one. There is no point in going beyond level 60 in PvP but for those who wish to - go ahead. Truth is paragon levels are close to useless as they don't unlock any new items and skills, only Blizzard created an artificial way to kill people's time pointlessly.
*Energy@Europe 1.09

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 15:08:04 pm »

what people whant is more important than what is logical ;) possible loss of players due to limiting char lvl to 60 (no paragon lvls) is high I guess.

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 16:47:27 pm »

Imho we shouldnt treat players according to their plv. There are people with 100lv that are not interested in pvp, while some folks are afking right now waiting for pvp because they dont feel like fsrming all day long.
But the idea of 2 rulesets is nice. Several years ago PCL introduced PCL Professional and PCL Amateur rules and the latter was pretty popular. The thing is that some good players will be more interesting in participating in Amateur leagues because of easy win.

Nemra

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 18:11:16 pm »

I just don't see a problem organising tournaments / leagues for both sets of players (lvl 60 and lvl 60+).

Besides Ajantis, as you said in the case of PCL there were 2 leagues - I wasn't aware of that - what was the distinctive factor between the two?

I guess it wasn't levelling which in the case of D3 may very well be - so I don't think the argument of good players just participating in the "level 60" only league would hold true - people (no matter whether pro or casual) would take part in it for quality of life reasons.
*Energy@Europe 1.09

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 18:18:22 pm »

the second league was added on later stage in PCL and AFAIK it was to attract guys who havent played in any duel league before, and wanted to start in pvp, they were taught the basics of pvp and what gear/skillset could be good for them; but later if any of them was skillful/interested in tournaments they evetually played in "normal" league

the level cap has quite low priority now, we can evetually add second type of tournaments for lvl 60 only, but thats something to think about when league will be up and running with huge players base
Pages: 1 [2]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.