• April 19, 2024, 13:29:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: D3CL PvP Rules - open discussion  (Read 44460 times)

Nemra

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: D3CL PvP Rules - open discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 14:17:18 pm »

Seeing as WDs are dominating, here are a couple of rule balancing suggestions:

- Limit number of CC's the WD can have to just 1 CC skill (no fear + hex at same time, only one of the two)
- If the WD has Spirit Walk, they can not have Spirit Vessel passive

Imo this should limit the "cat and mouse" playstyle that I found most evident with WDs
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 14:19:31 pm by Nemra »
*Energy@Europe 1.09

error

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 00:51:36 am »

Hello everyone,

I want to note that in some encounters certain classes can reach the point of not killing eachother because of their built or their playstyle. This can easily happen with tanks, "hit and run for regen" and some other yet undiscovered builts.
We all know that players can switch their builts if they agree. But nobody will change to a built/playstyle that has no chance to defeat the opponent by his own will.

This is why I propose to implement a time limit of 10 minutes per round. If the limit is reached that round will be draw and both players must change their built. A built change is considered when you change at least 50% of your skills (actives + passives), note that changing just runes is not considered a built change.

I hope you too find this rule necessary to avoid frustrating situations and also to add a fair amount of built diversity to avoid "cookie cutter" characters that diminish the fun factor.

Thank you to for this competition and your collaboration!

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 01:18:42 am »

time limit is something worth considering, however i'm not sure if the solution is proper, lets see what others think about it

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 09:25:09 am »

Hello everyone,

I want to note that in some encounters certain classes can reach the point of not killing eachother because of their built or their playstyle. This can easily happen with tanks, "hit and run for regen" and some other yet undiscovered builts.
We all know that players can switch their builts if they agree. But nobody will change to a built/playstyle that has no chance to defeat the opponent by his own will.

This is why I propose to implement a time limit of 10 minutes per round. If the limit is reached that round will be draw and both players must change their built. A built change is considered when you change at least 50% of your skills (actives + passives), note that changing just runes is not considered a built change.

I hope you too find this rule necessary to avoid frustrating situations and also to add a fair amount of built diversity to avoid "cookie cutter" characters that diminish the fun factor.

or ban reg life

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:26 am »

i agree with damx. life regen was a problem even on d2. this is unfair and unnecessarily makes duel longer.

HERC

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 10:54:51 am »

Hello everyone,

The tank with high regen was me  :'(
I agree about time limit, but change the 50% of the skills after a "draw" is a bit too much by my opinion, specially for a barb it's needed just to change a rune and maybe a skill.

Unfortunately situation of tank vs tank or evasive vs evasive or runner vs slow or runner vs runner makes a lot of misundertandings and "waste of time", like yesterday night.

I have a nice proposal for the new ruleset and i think it will balance some overpowered build and promote mixed playstyles and player skills:
Before to start the duel you declare what skill your opponent can't use. So for example vs a WD i will choose Hex, or people may choose to remove from a barb sprint or wotb.

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:22 am »

the problem with reg life in d3, is that few major skills, give such bonus .. hmm, after the league ends, there can be 1-2 week trsting league that will promote new rules such as banned reg life

@herc - imo it could be good idea, but with the limitations of skills, coz ppl vs dh with choose to ban smoke screen or vs wd spirit walk :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:57:39 am by Damx »

HERC

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 11:26:55 am »

the problem with reg life in d3, is that few major skills, give such bonus .. hmm, after the league ends, there can be 1-2 week trsting league that will promote new rules such as banned reg life

@herc - imo it could be good idea, but with the limitations of skills, coz ppl vs dh with choose to ban smoke screen or vs wd spirit walk :P

Or barb sprint. why not?
Ban life regen means you ban a barb passive ( that's the only thing that makes most barb competitive ), same for DH. I don't think is fair, and maybe mantain Hex? no thanks  :o

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 13:40:46 pm »

well folliwing that, we can make a rule that will not ban barb reg skill, but ban the rest .. its to early to propose such complicated rulez imo

error

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 17:58:59 pm »

I also thought about banning some skills in certain classes but I found that this isn't the right approach because -as you correctly stated- it can just make the whole class unviable.

My proposition of forcing a built change is intended to be non-restrictive. The case scenario is:
1.- You enter a duel with your standard built.
2.- No one gets ever killed.
3.- No one will change to a lesser competitive built/strategy.

Once you arrive here this is a total no/no. This undesired situation is a deadlock and has no solution, therefore it has to be draw.

From this point, the most fair scenario I came up with is to avoid the deadlock forcing a built change for both opponents. I pulled that 50% of skill (not runes) changes from my hat because it seems a guaranteed built/strategy change for any class.

Of course as HERC noted a built change can be done by just switching 1 single skill thus that 50% change would be an unnecessary overkill.

I don't personally like forbidding entire mechanics and skills for example life regen or spirit walk. Mainly because any skill can be a good way to make many builts viable and avoid "cookie cutters". Normaly it's a combination of 2-4 skills what defines a built/playstyle so we can define what builts (skill combinations) can't be repeated.

In D2 each class had very clearly defined builts, maybe we could enumerate every built by class/skills for D3 and state them for the forcefully change so we can still have interesting duels even after the change. Then we wont have to use gimped builts and will still have fun.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 23:14:28 pm »

In my opinion rules should be made similar to what we had in most D2 leagues back in the day: Specific rules for all match-ups. I just don't think universal rules alone, e.g. "no life regen" or "ban skill xy", will be sufficient. They could do more harm than good. That's the kind of balancing we can expect from Blizzard (flat 30%/35% reduce *cough*), but we can certainly do better ;)
I'm sure that many knowledgable players would volunteer to test all possible match-ups.

@error
Who would define the first build though? This could lead to players provoking a stalemate if they feel that they can't win in the current setup and that they could gain an advantage by forcing the opponent to use lesser skills. Tanky players could bluff and use weaker skills in the beginning to strip their opponents of their strong skills.

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:42 am »

IMO pvp should have life limit and life regen limit. For now is immpossible to kill someone with 150k hp + 4k reg + 7k+armor +700 ress. To force ppl to make balanced build (dps and survival) not only survival builds we should make a hp limit for all classes and regen life limit (for example ~1-1,5k, because many times in normal items who everyone have, like Vile Ward is a bit of regen life, banning it to 0 is bad decision).

Banning specific skills is bad idea. Why? For example: in first league wd/dh are best. So you will ban SS for DH and Spirit Walk for WD, and in next league barbs/monks will be overpower, so you will ban some barb/monk skills, in next league will win wizz (for example ofc) because you banned best skills of other classes, and you will ban wizz skills. This will never end, so better method to force ppl to fight not run and regen life is to limit HP and limit regen life. (what limit? we should make a poll with proposition, 80/90/100/110/120k?)

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 01:46:25 am »

u got a good vile ward dont u? =)

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 02:48:08 am »

[...]better method to force ppl to fight not run and regen life is to limit HP and limit regen life. (what limit? we should make a poll with proposition, 80/90/100/110/120k?)

yea... Trying to chase barb and monk its realy pathetic.

MoKKaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 08:29:07 am »

!!! MY !!! experience so far …

Attributes:
People with high AR/Armor/Life/Lreg tend to have lower DPS.
IF (!!!) these people also have high dps - why hurt them by making caps?
They earned to be better than others, cause they farmed (or RMAHed … whatever ^^) their gear.
By adding caps to some attributes - imo the harm would be more than leaving it the way it is now.
You have 2 options to „beat“ such enemies.
Adopt and be more glass-cannonish and try to strife against this massive defense,
or let the fight end in a tie – easy as that.
Just add something like a 5 minute timer for every separate round in each match – no death after this time  round would be a tie.
This would also imply that a whole game can end in 5-5.

And btw – who would monitor it, if the enemy really hast said caps? Swapping gear is pretty easy in a fight :)

Skills:
I somehow like the idea of banning certain skills (or even just runes) in some matchups!
This could lead to more fighting than running :)

„Bad Manner“:
Imo if you are low on health and run around for like 20+ seconds just to regain life isnt a sign for a high skilled player. It’s abusing some skills/attributes  just fort he sake of winning. Sure winning is important, but with this behavoir  the factor „fun“ lies behind.
No clue how to stop that – maybe with class-vs-class skill bans (like mentioned before)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 18 queries.