• April 19, 2024, 12:00:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Are the duels fun?  (Read 7076 times)

Tharn

• Imp
    • View Profile
Are the duels fun?
« on: February 16, 2013, 23:52:42 pm »

I returned to D3 after some six months break, finally killing inferno Diablo and now I am looking at my grand character with 46k hps, 30k dps and some 400ish resists deciding whether it is worth to invest my time and effort in gearing my and paragon-leveling my char or uninstall the game, finally.

So ... the million dollar question: Are the duels fun? Do you enjoy them?

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
Re: Are the duels fun?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 00:21:17 am »

Jagar! welcome back old friend :D

Duelling still lacks the depth that it had in D2 unfortunately. It's fun to do a couple fights to take a break from PvE every now and then but not as addictive as it was in D2 where we could spend all day in pvp games.

The real fun is in building up your character and then test it in pvp, which is mostly just a formality. At this point in time, I think all agree that it's almost purely about gear. I do think pvp will become quite good when Blizzard launches real pvp content some day, but if you don't enjoy the pve part of the game, I think you will only get disappointed.

Alexwitt

Tharn

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 23:35:12 pm »

Hi Alex  :) Nice to see my old partner-in-crime around  ;D

Well, PvM game is much better than in D2 from my PoV, but I am not sure if it is enough to repeatdly go through content only to see some little numbers rise. What hooked me on D2 (and subsequently WoW) was the community around it, but RL reasons prevent me to really take part in any.

Well, thank you, I will see. Maybe I will wait till inevitable x-pack, which would likely "restart" the item game.

Nemra

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 14:04:04 pm »

Hi Alex  :) Nice to see my old partner-in-crime around  ;D

Well, PvM game is much better than in D2 from my PoV, but I am not sure if it is enough to repeatdly go through content only to see some little numbers rise. What hooked me on D2 (and subsequently WoW) was the community around it, but RL reasons prevent me to really take part in any.

Well, thank you, I will see. Maybe I will wait till inevitable x-pack, which would likely "restart" the item game.

I remember how you used to play an 8fps sorc in 1.09 - sadly, in my opinion, you won't find that kind of depth and enjoyment in PvP in D3, irrespective of what items you get. Even Blizz decided to drop the name "dueling" and use "brawling" as it is very difficult to convince anyone it is such an indepth experience. Ironically, if the game wasn't called Diablo 3 I doubt the game would still have this much followers.

If you are looking for a *much* more fun duelling experience with no item grind and treasure your life (i.e. don't want to spend your life on a game :D ) try Bloodline Champions, or if you want a fun PvP team game try League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, or Dota 2 (which is currently in beta which if you need an invite I'm happy to send you).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 14:07:20 pm by Nemra »
*Energy@Europe 1.09

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 14:50:32 pm »

try world of tanks - playing a medium tank!

Yowie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 19:27:46 pm »

Personally, most of the duels I've had has been boring and lasting for 1-2 hour because of specs which cannot be killed or people just standing at the same spot waiting for you to run into them and die

kaio

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 21:18:03 pm »

We are working hard to make it better.

Not to allow camping and passive play and tring ballance impossible match up.

Stay tuned!

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 22:33:42 pm »

Some duels are really fun, as a barb i enjoy playing against most of monks, barbs, wizards and even witch doctors ;)

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:54 pm »

Yeah the duels can becomes balanced but the game is imo essentially different from d2. D3 is alot more about knowing the cooldown situation of your opponent and using your cooldown skills to your best advantage.

For me d2 vs d3 is like quake 3 (d2) vs counter strike (d3).  I like both games :P

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 18 queries.