• April 27, 2024, 07:18:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Change in challenges  (Read 13956 times)

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
Change in challenges
« on: February 19, 2013, 15:17:17 pm »

Now you can challenge same player after 5 days, not 7 as it was before. If you think this is not a good idea, write it here :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 17:14:30 pm by Mr.Mag »

Crensh

• Imp
  • Crensh#2479
    • View Profile
    • xfire/crensh
Re: Change in challenges
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 15:23:05 pm »

Three days after concluding the match or since previous challenge?

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 15:24:36 pm »

since challenge is over (submitting score by both players)

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 15:31:55 pm »

7 was already low in my opinion. 3 would mean that you can match up with the same players for over 10 times per season.
Why not make it one match plus one rematch (with at least 3 days delay) per opponent? The way it is now, the most active duelers are on top but not necessarily the best. I don't want to have 10+ duels per day for 6 weeks just to have a chance for a top spot.

I also think that you should not be able to queue 10 challenges at a time. I see a lot of people challenging 10 low ranked players all the time so they can still duel them when they are at the top of the ladder and the point deficit is much larger than 180.
My proposal would be to make queued challenges invalid if the point deficit becomes larger than 180.

Regards,
Euro

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 15:37:28 pm »

My proposal would be to make queued challenges invalid if the point deficit becomes larger than 180.

we've already thought about it. i'll add this to most important changes. if we do this, is that 3 days ok? i agree, if you want to be on top, you have to duel all the time. this could be tiring.

FeN

• Administrator
  • Cydaea
    • View Profile
    • D3CL
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 16:11:44 pm »

Remember, each time u win the more advantage at ranking u have. And its not true u will have to play all the time to keep up 1st place. All depends of situation, for example: if u will be the guy who is winning 100% matches, the players from lower postions will not take a risk to lose against u and fed u with more points :) But still u ll have privlage to challange them :) This is elo system, if u win = u get points from loser :) Keep that in mind.
Good luck.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 16:43:23 pm »

I don't have any experience with creating ladder systems, so if you guys think 3 is good I will trust you in that decision ;)
It's the first season anyway with obvious class imbalances so we might as well use the time to do some tweaking to have a really good system in the future.

@FeN
Unfortunately if have little knowledge about ladder systems, last time I played in one was about 10 years ago in D2 1.09 and I can't even remotely remember how it was back then. So if this kind of ranking has been found to be the best over the years, okay.
What can I do if no one wants to duel me anymore? Wait until the player with the most friends in top 10 surpasses me? My main point of criticism is that you can get into top5 so easily without even dueling any top20 players just by queueing challenges vs. low ranked players. Mr.Mag already said they/you are working on this which is good to hear.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 16:48:46 pm »

We choose elo rating to prevent situation you're writing about but it really exists because of 10 concurrent challanges. in real world there's only 1 :) We'll try to fix it

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 17:03:49 pm »

Euro you are right that those queueing of challenges when you have low rank should be limited and Mag needs to implement this in the system

btw. its good you are on the forum Euronymous, it was shame that the rank leader didnt add any posts so far, when actually we need input from the top players ;)

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 17:14:40 pm »

changed to 5 so far

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:10:57 am »

I think waiting 5 days to repeat a duel is way too long. Now I find myself not being able to duel anybody for 5 days...

Besides, I don't agree with Euronymous saying that with this current system only most active players will stay on top. Once you hit the top you just have to duel your immediate opponents, beat them, and keep your position. Besides, as it is now, those players on 1-5 positions can only duel around 7 people I think, so if somebody is 3rd and you are second, is not like the 3rd one can duel 20 players that you CANNOT... 6-7 duels every 3 days don't seem a lot, do they?

Cancelling duels after there's more than 180 points difference is a MUST.

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:46 am »

Another thing... The challenge system seems not to be working properly? I cannot challenge players with less than 180 point difference who haven't dueled me yet.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 01:47:32 am »

probably they have all 10 challanges active. i can check it but i need bt

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 18 queries.