• March 28, 2024, 23:06:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monk in pvp; what skills  (Read 10274 times)

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
Monk in pvp; what skills
« on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:14 am »

I'm currently thinking out what skillbuild would suit my monk best in pvp. I know it is still abit early to really call out a definite build but maybe we monks can figure something out?

active skills:
* fist of thunder with thunderclap
* exploding palm for bleed effect
* dashing strike for fast movement
* mantra of healing with circular breathing for high spirit reg / mantra of evasion for high dodge
* breath of heaven for higher constant dmg + healing ability
* serenity ascension seems a rock solid choice.

passive skills:
* seize the initiative seems good for the added armor
* one with everything for the double resist
* guardians path as I'm going dual handed.. the extra dodge is win

so what do you think about this build? using another and why?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:49:48 am by Spirals »
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Green

• Administrator
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Aśenaebaem
    • View Profile
Re: Monk in pvp; what skills
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:10 am »

And where is the famous seven sided strike ?

Try to consider passive skill: Bacon of Ytar, it reduces all cooldowns by 20%
And btw, I think that Serenity can be a key to win with the dh's, with ascesion rune.

marco156

• Lucion
  • GoD-Marco
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »

imo:
active skills:
* fist of thunder with thunderclap -good choice easy way to get closer to enemy and very efficient
* exploding palm for bleed effect - i'm not big fan of this ability but it seams ok
* dashing strike for fast movement - with rune Flying Side Kick for stun and fast reaching enemy
* mantra of healing with circular breathing for high spirit reg / mantra of evasion for high dodge - heal is ok and spirit reg also is nice / evasion only with hard target rune for extra armor bonus but its ok only when we use passiw The Guardian's Path and FoT  with rune  Lightning Flash to max dodge chance / i also suggest think about Mantra of Retribution with rune Transgression - this way we get reflect dmg and 8% ias for all allays in effect area
* breath of heaven for higher constant dmg + healing ability - very good choice and most useful for pvp
* serenity ascension seems a rock solid choice - immunity to all dmg for 4 sec is very cool and can turn the tide of battle i can only suggest to consider other rune Peaceful Repose - in stead of 4 sec immunity we get 3 sec immunity and heal for 6202 - 7752 life.

passive skills:
* seize the initiative seems good for the added armor - it depends how big bonus you get and how it affect your total amount of armor (imo when i have 6k armor i don't use this passiw but if i have only 3k arm its necessary )
* one with everything for the double resist - must be its best way to get high resi
* guardians path as I'm going dual handed.. the extra dodge is win - good choice for dual welding
- what about Near Death Experience resurrect with 35% life and spirit and we can do that by 1 min cool-down in pvm its  practically useless but on pvp we get second chance to get some frags ;]

how about that ;]

Wittster

• Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:00 am »

After having duelled fairly much against some of the absolute best pvp geared players around, I've arrived at the following:

FoT - Thunderclap
BoH - +15% dmg
Serenity - Ascension     : the reflect dmg rune can take out some glasscannon dh's but it's very hard to use, requires RNG and is too situational imo.
MoE - rune that reduces dmg taken when under 20% hp or so (i have +3.5 sp/s from gear, if i didnt, i'd use MoH-Circular)
SSS - with the teleport rune    :   the only spell in our arsenal that can reliably take out good dh's
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light   :   This spell has been MVP for me against DH's since it stuns them even when they're in smokescreen, then when SS ends, they're still in same spot blinded and you can easily kill them. Also against tougher opponents like barbs/monkswith some practice you can tell when they've used up their defensive cooldowns and are open to big damage, then BF+SSS is nuts :)

Passives:
Sti
Near Death Experience  :  This combined with the MoE rune above makes it very hard to die, and by the time this this spell procs, you usually have serenity and/or BoH or SSS up again to heal to full
Beacon of Ytar : affects Serenity, BoH, SSS, Blinding Flash....too much value to pass up

Boneyard

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:34 am »

Just want to add MOE backlash and wall of light (bell) are good too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:30:14 am by Boneyard »

budda-

• D3CL Operator
  • Ghom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:14:04 am »

what bout DS with flying side kick or LTK scorpion sting

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:17 am »

piece of crap...
fotm now is the bell.. + survival like serenity and seven sided strike + mantra of your choice but what i saw overwave all the way, tailwind is good too if u know how to use it .. thats is!

Hynos

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 23:52:31 pm »

for me:
*dashing strike- quick silver
*exploding palm- impending doom (15sec)

*mantra of healing + 3spir/sec
*sss- sustained atack (23 sec) (with dashing strike u dont need teleport)
*wave of light- reduce spir for 40
*serenity- 4sec/instant carma

pasiv:
*one with everything
*guardian path
*beacon of ytar

meaby not the best but it works for me. but againts monk there have to be tempest rush + exalted soul pasiv i think))
my spir reg is about 9,5
im triing complement bliding flah (meaby change for exploding palm)

what do u think?? :)

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 19 queries.