• March 29, 2024, 01:04:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2  (Read 111167 times)

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:03 am »

Lol with the proposed rules, my DH is going to absolutely stomp every other class in the US League. No inspiring presence = I can trash Barbs before they eventually reach me. No pets or shield for WD = I can kill them very very fast and I have the EHP and discipline to tank Haunt (I was already doing quite well against WD with all their skills). I never had any issues with Wizards or Monks (and never needed companion anyways).

I think this new rule-set highly plays to the tune of DH; and if you further ban Legacy Natalya's, I might possibly be one of the top DH in Americas lol.

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 01:29:14 am »

Just a side note, has everyone whos posted actuly tested (and extensivly) before posting? alot of things look different on paper than when its actuly played out

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 01:37:01 am »

Barb vs DH

Are you kidding me?

Atm high-end gear barb vs high end gear DH is very close matchup.Berserker usually close the deal, taking it away could be good balance attempt...however, inspiring presence? Are You kidding? without nerfing DH? lol...
any good DH will rape Barb...the only option now was to tank dh while chasing him all over the map..now few shots and barb is dead..watch some mannercookie fights with Majestic..LOL. GOOD DH wont let you rend.

As for barb vs WD...taking hex and berserker would be enough...

You said that You don\t wanna ban gear, but You just broke most of the barbs..

p.s. I think that good option would be to take away Rend from barb cause the last thing that can kill dh. LOL.

after some testing vs DH...this is completly inbalanced..all comes down to kamping and lucky crits from rend (countered by preparation)..which wont happen with GOOD DH and there is maybe 1 like this in our league atm..but because there isn't any good DH's in this league You come up wih rules, so they can win.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:25:42 am by devilek666 »

DaRkE

• D3CL Operator
  • Iskatu
  • kk thx bye
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 02:22:06 am »

Devilek666 / NOfear do you have any specefic demonhunters in mind that i can try versus or is it just a theory?

I have allready tested versus alot of good demonhunters I know, both with natalya's soul and wrath.

I still think barbarian has a small favor in theese duels.

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 02:26:16 am »

Have You try Lilith?

DaRkE

• D3CL Operator
  • Iskatu
  • kk thx bye
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 02:27:07 am »

Duelling with him as we speak actually :-)

How are your results versus him without inspiring presence?

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 02:27:31 am »

Stop whining and loling please, those arent any official rules yet, we have published that draft to get your feedback and thx for that. We can always keep inspiring presence vs dh, but wd vs barb? Check out how it goes without hex and bers, imo its too easy for barb, because without hex its extremely hard for wd to make that final blow with regen 4-5k hp/sec&relentless passive.

Oh and remember guys that we want to ban island, dunno if it changes a lot, but should preserve us from some bad mannered camping/bunker spot. It also nerfs wiz a bit, because he was often using it with teleport as an espace from angry barb;)

zee

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 02:28:33 am »

Who's coming up with these silly rules?

Barbarian
In a mirror match Barbarians cannot use a shield
A Skorn build bvb will out perform at s/b barb any day. This has been tested extensively by the top Barbs on US. The The barb should feel free to use w/e they like, keeping in mind that Skorn >.

The Barbarian cannot use the skill “Wrath of the Berserker” versus the Wizard, Monk and Witch-Doctor.
Fair enough vs. Wizard. No need it vs Monks. But WD's ... unless you want to have a stale mate, top end barb vs wd duels requires the barb to have WOTB to make sure the duels don't go over 20 min long ... this is assuming the WD has enough EHP to stand 1 crit HOTA even with a Skorn.

In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and “Witch Doctor” the passive skill “Inspiring presence” is not allowed
This has to be a joke. The DH that proposed this either aren't skilled enough with the legacy set or aren't tanky enough with the new set. If anyone's on the Americas server, duel Mystical (legacy) or Revrac (non-legacy) on a barb and you'll find out that barbs NEED Inspiring Presence ... and even then it's still a very hard match.

In duels versus the “Wizard” the rune “Marathon” from the skill “Sprint” is not allowed
This may actually grant Wizard a chance, not bad of a rule

In duels versus the “Wizard” the Barbarian can choose one, but not more of the following skills: “Ground Stomp”, “Leap” with rune “Death from Above”, “Charge” with rune “Bull Rush”, “Bash” with rune “Clobber” or “Weapon Throw” with rune “Throwing Hammer”.

I see that no more than 1 stun should be allowed. Fair enough, does that mean more than 1 of these skills with non-stun runes can be chosen?

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 02:31:06 am »

Duelling with him as we speak actually :-)

How are your results versus him without inspiring presence?

so now imagine that his gear is average..he doesn't have manticore for high burst and no res on items...top notch dh would have it with same dps...

ROGH: haven't tested against WD...

I just read the DH changes and it made me quit the league..
as mentioned above watch Majestic from US server...lol
http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/c/1969663
this link from 1h20min mark...Dh can endlessly kite barb..if barb has no possibility to regen 4-5k hp is dead within 30 seconds...

it's just so stupid, that I can't imagine how retarded DH came up with this idea..

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:35:04 am by devilek666 »

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 02:31:40 am »

Starting from the bottom: yes, you may choose other runes.

About wd vs barb: have you played vs wd without hex?

E: we dont want anyone to quit because of the rules, help us and run some tests with or without inspiring presence, im standing on a position that its not a must to ban it, leaving old nat and banning wotb maybe is enough.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:34:33 am by RoGH »

zee

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 02:33:13 am »

also saw the rules on WD ...

that's basically saying WD's should be banned lol you're banning all of the essential skills they need to survive.

No hex and get slammed by barbs
no pets and get slammed by DH

IMO, don't alter any rules to skill restrictions. It's fine the way it is now. Ppl that are crying are just not geared/skilled enough or haven't found the right specs.

zee

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 02:37:24 am »

Starting from the bottom: yes, you may choose other runes.

About wd vs barb: have you played vs wd without hex?

E: we dont want anyone to quit because of the rules, help us and run some tests with or without inspiring presence, im standing on a position that its not a must to ban it, leaving old nat and banning wotb maybe is enough.

Yes please do more extensive testing before proposing with skill restrictions. if you are on Americas server I will be more than willing to help.

On the note of banning WOTB vs. WD with no hex ... that's fine ... BUT WD's will then get screwed so hard ... you have to understand that Hex is the single skill that saves them vs barbs. without it no matter what they do they will not win.

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 02:39:04 am »

another thing, banning inspiring presence propagate only 1 tactic....kamping and waiting for 2 crit rends within preparation cooldow...lol even half naked dh would win this matchup...

as for testing

I own predsr every match we play cause I out gear him and he is very bad at kitinng..on new rules I don't stand any chance..so now imagine I play with guy like Majestic..LOL

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:51 am »

It wasnt the the kiting that made you win the matches, it was mostly my bad judgment calls when i see you on low hp, wether to blow my prep to chase to try get the finishing blow or not

If there are those 'imba' kiters, and i would only think it would be that legacy users, possible suggestion is not allowing brooding and battle scars at the same time
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:46:49 am by predsr »

DaRkE

• D3CL Operator
  • Iskatu
  • kk thx bye
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 03:06:53 am »

I have done extensive testing WD vs BARB, No Hex No WOTB really makes the matchup a joy for both sides its a very good modification to this specefic duel.

It does not 'nerf' any side but make the match more consistant and precise.

I have duelled alot of demonhunters aswell with natalya's soul and wrath from 350 to 525 k dps.

I just did duel with Lilith , Barbarian versus DH, 10-3 for the barbarian.

To clearify I have done excessive testing with both mannercookie and majestic in the ptr realm aswell.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 18 queries.