• April 29, 2024, 00:19:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2  (Read 112048 times)

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2013, 22:52:13 pm »

Yeah it really does give legacy DH a heavy advantage in that match-up. The match-up is actually in favor of the non-legacy DH until the legacy DH starts stacking EHP; once the legacy DH can't be killed in 1-hit, the match quickly tips in favor of the legacy DH. I think I proved this point quite clearly when dueling against Mystical. We both used similar EHP and DPS (maybe I had a little more EHP but doesn't matter), and every time (except our first round), I lost when I ran out of discipline, not before. Perhaps we can make a non-legacy DH league or something for these particular match-ups lol. I know that Cyon (a top US DH) already converted to legacy and I am feeling I will be at a bigger disadvantage as more and more DH try to switch. The biggest problem is not the gear itself, but the fact it is available in a limited quantity and the good pieces are of such limited quantity, no such pieces exist in circulation.

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2013, 22:55:23 pm »

Theres lots of top tier legacy stuff on ah atm

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2013, 23:01:57 pm »

Theres lots of top tier legacy stuff on ah atm

It's true if we delete "top tier" words from your post;]

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2013, 23:42:18 pm »

EU and US AH have different stuff. Yes, there is always the possibility of some really top tier items appearing for $250.00 USD or 2B gold, but they are very uncommon. As far as the issue is concerned, maybe there needs to be some limitation for legacy vs non-legacy DH matches? I think legacy vs legacy and non-legacy vs non-legacy are fine as they are. Also, how does legacy vs non-legacy affect other classes? I think only the DH vs Barb match favors the legacy more than the non-legacy; for the other matches, I don't think the Natalya's version matters as much.

mannercookie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2013, 00:07:43 am »

You want to develop balancing rules, which is a bad idea imo for the reasons I stated in the last post.

The only rules that need to be developed right now are rules for how the procedure of a duel goes, how a match counts score, obv no gear swaps of any single slot unless between rounds.

This is a rock/paper/scissor type pvp game, if you don't include that element it just doesn't work.

Develop rules for how the matches go, not rules for items/skills, then let people play the league out and from there start making balance changes.

I don't understand why you would try to tweak the game's balance when no one has even seen the game at it's full potential for all classes yet at max'd out gear.

Leave it the way it is, let people try and figure out specs/setups that work and don't work and if there are problems in the matchups, it'll show itself in the matches.

I know a few of you guys since beginning of PTR and although I love the ideal of a league, I don't agree with the rules and the issues with dueling I addressed near the beginning/middle of this thread are not really dealt with.
PVP Gearing/Strategy Guides
www.youtube.com/mannercookie

My Twitch Stream
www.twitch.tv/mannercookie

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2013, 00:16:09 am »

if there are problems in the matchups, it'll show itself in the matches.

So problems will be if any other class not yours will be OP? But if your class is OP so balance is no needed? Briliant logic.

mannercookie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2013, 00:23:47 am »

lol I can see now my input is not wanted here on D3CL.

just another forum full of trolls.

Enjoy guys.
PVP Gearing/Strategy Guides
www.youtube.com/mannercookie

My Twitch Stream
www.twitch.tv/mannercookie

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2013, 00:29:59 am »

lol I can see now my input is not wanted here on D3CL.

just another forum full of trolls.

Enjoy guys.

No, you're wrong. Every opinion matters, just you don't played a lot of hours in DH vs DH or DH vs other classes, so why you said that balance isn't needed? Every class can post about their balance, not you - prO PvP top1 uber all said that balance is good now;]

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2013, 01:04:43 am »

I think you got the wrong idea green, hes not saying balance is not needed at all.  I think you got some kind of 'hate' towards mannercookie for some reason also, just actuly read properly what hes posting :)
Basicly its still early in pvp right now, like he said, pvp's full potential hasnt realy been explored yet, specs/maxd out gear etc, i kinda agree to this

Some people are sayng too many changes have been proposed and they need to do small changes at a time, having looked at the proposed rules, the list is not actuly that big at all, however the suggestions on the forums is giving it the illusion that 100's of changes have been made

best idea so far imo is no gear swap!

jinshin85

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2013, 01:19:23 am »

Yeah, we should ban gear swapping.

I actually think Blizzard should disable opening up the inventory window within the Scorched Chapel or something.

I originally thought swapping weapons was "okay", but nowadays a lot of people are like swapping the entire gear set while running away for 15 seconds. lol

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2013, 02:36:37 am »

Im happy most of you are coming to sense about gear swap. We need to ban it asap.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2013, 05:09:19 am »

RoGH, I don't get why you would ban only weapon/offhand gearswaps because other swaps are harder to detect? If gearswapping during fights results in a ban from the league, I don't think people would take the risk to get caught on video with it.
That way you can detect swaps which affect the appearance or HP amount and that should cover most game changing swaps.

@Green Can you please stop whining about legacy nats prices? Other pvp items on these slots cost just as much if not more and also scale much higher. The potential gain on your 1080dps manticore alone is much higher than the difference between a 100m legacy nat set and a 5b set and I don't see you complaining about manticore prices. If D3 pvp ever gets popular there will probably be some kind of budget league, until then you just have to accept that it's mostly about gear.

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2013, 07:16:43 am »

Anyone have an opinion on my method of preventing gear swap? By making the other player hold 59 spaces worth of junk, they cant gear swap. Just have both players prove to each other that they aren't holding anything while in the arena.

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2013, 10:03:19 am »

green switch game language to english plz ;)

MysticaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2013, 10:48:04 am »

Anyone have an opinion on my method of preventing gear swap? By making the other player hold 59 spaces worth of junk, they cant gear swap. Just have both players prove to each other that they aren't holding anything while in the arena.

I like this idea, I think this could be useful, they can just exchange an inventory of 59 slots with you every time before you say "go" --> you remove 59 slots --> your opponent adds 59 slots --> implies both players have no items in inventory except pot, then start the duel without either one TPing to town lol

It's probably annoying to do before each duel, but it also works
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 18 queries.