• March 28, 2024, 22:34:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2  (Read 111164 times)

jinshin85

• Imp
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2013, 23:09:57 pm »

These rules you read here are a draft. They aren't final yet. I will make them final on 12 march. We will take input to edit the final rules up until 11 march 23.59.

So about 1 hour left! My only overall grievances are regarding super-super tanky characters or those partially tanky characters with massive life regeneration. The play style goes with this as well: all barbs now just rend and run, rend and run. They lack creativity and just flee from the action until they are at high hp again. The only countermeasure to this is to have a similar amount of life regeneration which effectively resets the duel every time they run, which of course yields a stalemate, which of course defeats the purpose of PVP, and lastly will discourage players from playing.

I prefer duels where both players can be killed by the other, even if they are 1-hit-KOs. I detest duels where one side can't kill the other due to massive life regeneration and fleeing. I think the most immediate fix to all these problems is to simply abolish the PVP system for 1v1s and just go with 2v2 only. The nature of 2v2 with friendly fire will cover a lot if not all of the current imbalances in the PVP league. If team styles pose a problem (e.g. double DH), the rules can maybe limit teams to no more than one of any class per team.

So, are you saying that the only playstyle that give your DH some problem is bad?

Barbs rend and run because that's the only viable build option they have at the moment. What do you want them to do? If they run, you chase. Can't you run at like 200% ms when you use vault with tactical?

I, too, don't like when barbs just run away for 15 seconds and come back at it with full life again. But I can't really blame them because that's pretty much the best build they have for this patch.

kaio

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2013, 23:29:54 pm »

These rules you read here are a draft. They aren't final yet. I will make them final on 12 march. We will take input to edit the final rules up until 11 march 23.59.

So about 1 hour left! My only overall grievances are regarding super-super tanky characters or those partially tanky characters with massive life regeneration. The play style goes with this as well: all barbs now just rend and run, rend and run. They lack creativity and just flee from the action until they are at high hp again. The only countermeasure to this is to have a similar amount of life regeneration which effectively resets the duel every time they run, which of course yields a stalemate, which of course defeats the purpose of PVP, and lastly will discourage players from playing.

I prefer duels where both players can be killed by the other, even if they are 1-hit-KOs. I detest duels where one side can't kill the other due to massive life regeneration and fleeing. I think the most immediate fix to all these problems is to simply abolish the PVP system for 1v1s and just go with 2v2 only. The nature of 2v2 with friendly fire will cover a lot if not all of the current imbalances in the PVP league. If team styles pose a problem (e.g. double DH), the rules can maybe limit teams to no more than one of any class per team.

So, are you saying that the only playstyle that give your DH some problem is bad?

Barbs rend and run because that's the only viable build option they have at the moment. What do you want them to do? If they run, you chase. Can't you run at like 200% ms when you use vault with tactical?

I, too, don't like when barbs just run away for 15 seconds and come back at it with full life again. But I can't really blame them because that's pretty much the best build they have for this patch.

+1

we need to understand the difference betwin "active play"  and just passive/camping

here in d3 it's a bit different than in d2 this aspect..

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2013, 23:59:55 pm »

no kaio, I think you're wrong.
Barb playstyle is so bad because they  have AoE dota (17 meters with rune) which attack through walls and hit 700% dmg, and they can run on sprint ALL THE TIME. Someone said that DH can run too - it's a lie, we have limitated dyscypline, this rule should be only for DH with legacy nat. If barbs cannot abusing their OP hp regen + all time sprint + aoe dota they will find other skills, like ancient spear (dunno exacly the name) or weapon throw or strong attack from ambush. Now they run like mouses only hitting aoe dota and hide with their 4-7khp regen per 1s.

Many barbs here told us (DH) to find other skills. But wait... why WE should reagear and search for other skills against babrs and they cannot do that? Because of what? Pls tell me.

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2013, 00:02:28 am »

its 12-03-2012. Whee is rules for 2nd seson?;p

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2013, 00:08:25 am »

We are like blizzard, coming soon :P

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2013, 00:08:43 am »

its 12-03-2012. Whee is rules for 2nd seson?;p

Topic is closed as of now. I will (with the help of the ruledev team) post the rules on tuesday. It's now just past midnight so expect them sometime during the day (afternoon comes first). See my initial post for more information.

I want to thank all contributors for their participation and feedback.

/e
after Milan Barca 1.2.5. will be posted.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 19:34:22 pm by Spirals »
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 18 queries.