Duelling & Diablo 3 > Rules & development

Monk vs DH balance

<< < (2/10) > >>

predsr:
Hes the problem i see with sharpshooter vs monks atm;

My first impale will be 100% crit, even if you dodge, the rune 'chemical burn' the DoT, will still apply and it will be a crit dot, worst part is, the 100% crit buff will not be reset(i think?), so i can keep firing these dot crits that do huge dmg

Playing with sharpshooter, the basic tac is hit and run, let the dots do the work, eventualy grinding down his hp to zero

Now that i look at it, maybe sharpshooter is not the problem, but possibly banning the rune 'chemical burn' with imaple

Have you played both legacy and non-legacy Dh's? i use legacy and hit and run is the tac i use, and i abuse the shit out of vault since its almost free disc, not sure how a normal DH would go about it

EDIT: sharpshooter makes the rounds quicker for the DH, thats probably all, but then again, longer rounds should maybe lead to the monk catching the DH more quicker and allow the monk to 'chase'

Wittster:
You're right, Sharpshooter is insanely strong in pvp.
I've played against many Legacy DH's and haven't really had trouble with any of them. For me a DH with very high ehp is much much harder.

ricebowl:
Another problem is that if the DH simply dodges a hit for the .5 seconds out of smokescreen, all that effort is wasted.  Those windows are few and far in-between and if you get RNG dodged twice in a row you're bound to lose.  There's no way to heal against crit chemical burn over and over either.

If a DH can RNG dodge all of monks skills, including the only CC, blinding flash, I think getting rid of chemical burn would be the best choice to even the matchup as far as actually landing skills go.  It's unfair for monks to have the roll the dice on every skill and CC while the DH gets guaranteed DoT crits from afar.

Forti:
I fighting agains dh many times. I won match only if dh was totally newbies.. he didnt using vault and/or ss like the others one.
What I mean. If dh got a bit skill (know how to using vault / ss and snapshooting) I can win a round only with a bit luck, but it is really hard to win all the match.

Monk is easy target while he running away. Monk can kill him only if dh make a mistake, with wave of light or ss.
How I play agains them? defense and camp... the only one way to win is bring him to us with camp on the other side of the wall or smth like that, when he showing use wave of light and get a luck to hit him one shot crit. Or catch it while running away from us with sss. Serenity and timing is the "win or lose".

Sorry but dh is stronger than monk.

psykes:
I fully agree that DH is in a much better position in a fight vs Monk. They naturally have high dodge and in combination that the monk only has dodgeable targeted skills means that the monks needs to successfully do 3 things in a .5 sec window: 1) get in melee range, 2) be able to target the DH and activate the skill (in time) 3) hope that his one opportunity to attack is not dodged.

The only way to get close is dash (25 spirit) and all attacks worthwhile use at least 40 spirit with a spirit pool of 250 (with a passive). This in combination that monks only way to regen spirit is using items and passives to increase their innate regen from 0 to up to 12per sec. Furthermore, monks cannot really consistently run from a DH to regen means that we have up to 3 chances to kill the DH before we are sitting ducks.

Regarding possible ways to balance, I see 2 options. disallow chemical burn or battle scars. without battle scars we would be able to kill DH with 2 lucky dashes. Without chemical burn, we buy some time for additional opportunities to hit the DH.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version