• March 28, 2024, 20:11:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2.5  (Read 102481 times)

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
Ruleversion 1.2.5
« on: March 13, 2013, 00:31:18 am »

It's important to start this topic with a short glance over the shoulder. During the earlier thread of ruleversion 1.2 we've received alot of feedback on the rules we came up with. I'd like to adress the quality of this feedback before we get down to business.

The quality was good and cooperative or downright petty, offensive and total irrelevant. The latter doesn't contribute in a positive way: it's only adressing negative and unwanted feelings and behaviour. I'd like to point out that we are here to have good duels. Blizzard is blizzard and thus we need to adress several issues ourselves. D3CL and it's staff is doing this work for the community, hoping to build something great. A good place of which you may be part. So, I ask all of you to read this thread (: http://forum.d3cl.com/index.php/topic,1423.0.html) and think twice before you hit the post button.

Okay, that's that. Now down to business.
In version 1.2.5 you will notice that we've not only ditched quite alot of points in the character class from the 1.2 version but also added a whole lot of general rules. Those general rules have been inserted to clear some issues. It covers the procedure of duelling and hopes to achieve active and no gear swapping duels. Vital in this regard are the players who should - for their own sake - take screenshots more often and use this as 'proof' in case of irregularities. This also counts for the time limit. D3CL will soon present additional judges to help you in this process.

We've removed some restriction for the WD and the Barbarian we first thought necessary. After extra testing, input and theorizing we decided to do it like this.

Check them out.

The first and foremost goal we try to achieve is having a user-friendly environment in which you have good and quality duels with like minded people. Other goals are having fun and exploiting the competitive aspect of the game. To ensure this we expect every participant to behave properly and apply the following duelling rules during D3CL duels.

If a problem (a disagreement over the rules, someone entering town without accepting the round loss) occurs we expect you to work it out together. If that doesn’t work out you can request an official D3CL judge. Please notice that the decision a judge makes is leading and you have to accept it. Judges cannot judge themselves.

Players caught cheating will be banned for 2 months starting the day they got caught.

General Rules:

Before entering the Scorched Chapel area both players must agree on the item setup they are using. The Setup agreement is done when both players have accepted their opponents Equipment. When the two players have agreed on what to wear they will both do a confirmation of their opponents equipment by writing "okay" in the chatbox. After this no changes are allowed.*

When both players have agreed they say "go" and enter the chapel. "Go" also functions as a final confirmation of the opponents equipment.

Notes
*If a player writes "okay" and his opponent then changes his equipment and write "okay" himself this is regarded as abuse of the rule system, and if it cannot be solved between the two players a judge need to be contacted.
*If a player is caught with a different health pool during the duel than he had when he agreed to start the duel that player will considered to have swapped Equipment and will be instantly banned from the league.
*If a player is caught with another setup of items during the duel than he had when he agreed to start the duel that player will be considered to have swapped Equipment and will be instantly banned from the league.
*Players are free to have whatever they want in their inventory as long as they do not use it during the duel.

Guidelines
*Be sure to always take a screenshot of your opponents health pool plus gear setup (inspect) before entering the chapel. Remember that in case of a dispute you will have no proof and no case unless you have screenshots.

-   Duels are held in “Inferno” modus.
-   Maximum duel time is 60 minutes starting from the first ‘go’ from both sides. If both parties agree on the duel exceeding this timeframe it’s allowed.
-   The small island inside the scorched chapel area is forbidden ground. Actively using this island will result in loss of rounds and/or the complete match.
-   You cannot enter town or leave the game during a round, if that happens the person who enters town or leaves the game looses the round.
-   If a player wish to change Equipment between rounds he has to announce it to the other player. Both players will then travel to town and once more agree on Equipment for the duel. If nothing is said to be changed a travel to town, or a new agreement about equipment is not necessary.
-   We expect the duels to be active combat. Repeatingly avoiding the duel will result in a loss.
-   Vanishing Dye is not allowed.

-   Duels are played with best of 9.
-   Round(s) resulting in a draw count as +1 round for both sides. (f.e. 2-3 become 3-4). If draws put you past 9 rounds you continue until there is a winner (it will count as 5-4 win).
-   The winner of the duel must stay in screen from opponent once won.
-   You must play your duels using the character you signed up with for the League or Tournament.

Class specific rules:

Barbarian
-   The Barbarian cannot use the skill “Wrath of the Berserker” versus the Monk and the Witch-Doctor.
-   In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and the “Wizard” the skill “War cry” is not allowed to be used.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the Barbarian can choose one, but not more of the following skills: “Ground Stomp”, “Leap” with rune “Death from Above”, “Charge” with rune “Bull Rush”, “Bash” with rune “Clobber” or “Weapon Throw” with rune “Throwing Hammer”.

Demon Hunter
-   The Demon Hunter is not allowed to play the “bunker – style”. This style is defined by laying “Turrets and/or “Spike Traps” and not coming out from the range of these traps.
-   In duels versus the “Monk” the skill “Impale” with rune “Chemical Burn” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Companion” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Preparation” with rune “Battle Scars” is not allowed.

Monk
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Cyclone Strike” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the rune “Flying Side Kick” from the skill “Dashing Strike” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Barbarian” the Monk can use either the active skill “Serenity” or the passive skill “Near Death Experience” but not both.

Witch Doctor
-   The Witch Doctor must choose either “Hex” or “Horrify” but not both.
-   The Witch Doctor can use either “Spirit Walk” or “Spirit Vessel” but not both.
-   In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” the skill “Summon Zombie Dogs” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Spirit Walk” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the Witch Doctor is not allowed to use  “Summon Zombie Dogs” and “Gargantuan”.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:37:05 am by Spirals »
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2.5
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 00:50:42 am »

-   Vanishing Dye is not allowed.

I agree with that.. sadly.. it is for gear swaping ofc.
But monks got a bit nerf here. I use this to hide serenity ;]  it's nerf for monks mirror mostly.

I totally agree with dh vs. monk. It have to be like this way. chemical burn is totally overpowered.

I hop there wont be any problems and rulez like this will be on next seazon.

Good job guys!

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 00:55:44 am »

My opinion about dh rules:

1. Why DH companion is not allowed vs wizzard? Bat and ferret runes are OP in this matchup? It's joke?
2. No battle cry barb vs dh. Hmm... Its more balanced than ban IP, but barb lost fury generator and imo better will be ban 7s rune ignore pain.
3. Why no ban for monk's blind? It works when dh use SS that gave to dh immune for any other cc effects...

edit:

Battle cry? Its war cry or battle rage?^^
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 00:59:43 am by Lilith »

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 00:58:25 am »

My opinion about dh rules:

[...]
3. Why no ban for monk's blind? It works when dh use SS that gave to dh immune for any other cc effects...

Cause it is too hard to apply on dh. Get monk and try do this.. short range = easy too miss. and if we apply it we can get opportunity to get one round.

@forti @ricebowl

OK, we can try this way in seson 2;)

[...]

I dont using this skill anymore. too hard too apply and too useless in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:03:49 am by Forti »

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00:34 am »

Blind can be dodged.  Most DHs will have anywhere from 45-50%+ chance to avoid the blind automatically. 

Also, chemical burn ban = awww yisssssssssssssssssss

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:04 am »

When are these rules live? As of the time of this post? Or in a week?

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 01:02:00 am »

@forti @ricebowl

OK, we can try this way in seson 2;)

@Iria

In seson 2.

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 01:02:57 am »

I assume these are the tentative rules for the next season after this season ends.  There could still be changes made between now and then.

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 01:04:06 am »

I assume these are the tentative rules for the next season after this season ends.  There could still be changes made between now and then.

Yes, for clarification: this rules are for season 2; the current season will not be affected by these.
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 01:10:00 am »

@Spirals

What is battle cry? Can u link this skill?

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 01:11:23 am »

@Spirals

What is battle cry? Can u link this skill?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/active/war-cry

It's the defensive shout that gives them resist and armor.

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 01:23:33 am »

Out of curiosity, has anything been discussed yet with regards to +health globe stacking?  I'm personally on the fence about being able to stack health globe healing since it can give a tremendous advantage, especially in mirror matches.  I realize it's not too much different from health stacking as a whole but it's extremely efficient for boosting EHP for fights where you can kite around.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 01:24:06 am »

1. Why DH companion is not allowed vs wizzard? Bat and ferret runes are OP in this matchup? It's joke?

The whole reason a DH uses a companion is to eat the Stormshield thing, the prievious rules was not allowed 'boar', but then you could use wolf etc and it would pretty much do the same thing

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 01:25:50 am »

Out of curiosity, has anything been discussed yet with regards to +health globe stacking?  I'm personally on the fence about being able to stack health globe healing since it can give a tremendous advantage, especially in mirror matches.  I realize it's not too much different from health stacking as a whole but it's extremely efficient for boosting EHP for fights where you can kite around.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I dont think nothings wrong with this for the time being, your probably gonna have a hard time finding your perfect gear with the stats at the sacrifice of another very usefull roll

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 01:35:23 am »

A few quiestions:
1. "Actively using this island will result in loss of rounds and/or the complete match." - if 1 player run to island, and run back it's allowed? If player stay there to reset CD and hide from opponent - it's allowed? "Actively" means that players just cannot camp there or go there at all?
2. "We expect the duels to be active combat. Repeatingly avoiding the duel will result in a loss." - if I buy legacy nat, attack from impale and jump->jump->jump and always in 60 minutes I will hold 30-40 meters range from opponent - is this "Avoiding fight"? If yes: what will you do with hit&run barbs playing like this?
3. "Vanishing Dye is not allowed." - any explanation for this rule? This rule should be only for Monks, because other players don't know if they use immortality or no, but why on all classes? Really need I to wear this ugly natalya helmet?:D
4. "The winner of the duel must stay in screen from opponent once won." - I have no idea what that means, explanations pls:(
5. "In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and the “Wizard” the skill “War cry” is not allowed to be used." - currently no non-legacy DH can kill good barb, I'm not sure if this rule will help with balance, but we gonna test it on tournament. In your tests ANY non-legacy DH killed barb? Maybe this nerf + ban swapping gear will help. I wrote many posts in 1.2 thread about differences in legacy and non-legacy DH vs Barbs, but now I see that you didn't make anything with it. You said that you don't want to force ppl to change items, but without different rules for legacy and non-legacy set all non-legacy DH must regear ;/
6. "In duels versus the “Monk” the skill “Impale” with rune “Chemical Burn” is not allowed." - not sure about this rule. If Monk use his companion we must go close to him and he can kill us. Without Chemical Burn it will be impossible to kill Monk in 1 rush, so again non-legacy DH are affected because they don't have dyscypline to make more then 2-3 rushes on Monk at close range, but legacy DH can all time attack->if dodge run->attack again. Non-legacy DH don't have this possibility.
7. "In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Companion” is not allowed." - again I'm not sure about this rule: without companion I cannot rush enemy because they hit by 130-150k dmg from storm armor, so this rule will result in wearing max ress and shooting from long distance, and AGAIN non-legacy DH are affected - because we cannot rush duels will take longer but we don't have enough dyscypline to defend from storm armor all the time and legacy can jump and use SS whole duel.

In general: you made a lot of good work guys, really! As a d3cl player I appreciate it.
Just please consider 2 different DH playstyles with legacy and non-legacy sets. tl;dr from this playstyles: non-legacy have more DPS and EHP and he win if he kill opponent in short time, before his dyscypline will end. Legacy DH have less DPS and EHP but they can fight a lot of time, they can kite, dodge, attack many times. In some matches this 2 sets make a lot of difference.

My proposition:
1. DH vs Monk:
a) legacy DH vs Monk - legacy DH have less DPS and EHP, but they can attack and run many times. They must hold long distance all they time, so skill "Companion" in Monk (to allow a DH attack from a distance) and "Chemical Burn" in DH should be not allowed.
b) non-legacy DH vs Monk - non-legacy DH can rush Monk 2-3 times before end of dyscypline. Banning our only one good dota will results with BIG nerf of non-legacy DH, we will be unable to kill Monk before our dyscypline will end. All skill allowed here (Companion because good Monk will hide behind Companion from DH shots from long distance, and if DH is close he must have chemical burn to have any chance to kill monk in this 1-2 rushes).

I played only a few duels with legacy set, so legacy DH please explain if I'm wrong here.

2. DH vs barbs:
a) legacy DH vs barb - can kite and shoot from distance all the time.
b) non-legacy DH vs barb - cannot kite and shoot from distance all the time, but his hits are stronger.
Making only 1 rule for DH vs barb will result in:
- facilitate the fight for legacy DH,
- MAYBE non-legacy DH will be able to kill barb.
This duel is the most important in defferences between legacy and non-legacy DH, because fightning with barb requires continuous kiting. If barb will survive 2/3/4 rushes on non-legacy DH he have 100% win because our dyscypline end. In matchup with non-legacy DH barb must be nerfed more, but I have no idea how, banning sprint or inspiring presence is impossible, but I'm sure that we must do something with this duel.

3. DH vs Wizz:
- legacy nat can't use Companion - they can attack from distane and run from storm armor range all the time.
- non-legacy DH can use Companion (maybe without rune "Boar" - other companions are more easy to kill and this skill have 30s cd, so Wizz can rush us after killing companion in 30s) - non-legacy DH will be out of dyscypline after 1-2 rushes and wizzards are masters in running with illusion and other skills, so we must have companion to have possibility to rush wizzards.

I hope that dev team will consider DH playstyles with different sets after tournament, because as you said you don't want to force ppl to regear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 17 queries.