• April 19, 2024, 08:30:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Skill setups against the different classes  (Read 10873 times)

Wittster

• Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
Skill setups against the different classes
« on: March 16, 2013, 23:05:38 pm »

Hello fellow monks!

Monks aren't currently doing too well in the league so I'd like to start a discussion for us to share winning strategies with one another. I'll share my current skill setups to start things of. I think they speak for themselves so I won't bore you with the actual combat tactics. One thing to keep in mind is to have atleast 3 spirit regen. Ideally you get this from gear (Inna's helm + soj) but if you can't, then use Mantra of Healing - Circular breathing.

Enjoy :)

vs Barbarian

This is a very interesting and balanced matchup and the optimal skill set heavily depends on the opponent. I usually start out with the following setup. Other spells that I really like against barbs are Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light + SSS for nice burst when all they do is rend and run and if they don't run at all then SW-Cyclone is very strong. The setup below is very balanced to work decent against both types of barbs.

FoT - Thunderclap
WoL - Empowered Wave
Serenity - Ascension
BoH - Blazing Wrath
Exploding Palm - Flesh of the Weak
Mantra of Conviction - Submission

Seize the Initiative
Near Death Experience
Beacon of Ytar

vs Witchdoctor

Very tough fight. A good WD will keep constant pressure on you so you have no choice but to go all out offensive. I've had best success with the following skill set:

FoT - Thunderclap
WoL - Empowered Wave
Serenity - Ascension
BoH - Blazing Wrath
Dashing Strike - Flying Side Kick
Mantra of Evasion - Divine Protection

Seize the Initiative
Near Death Experience
Beacon of Ytar

vs DH

I'm at a complete loss against a top DH, but this is what works fairly well for me against average ones:

FoT - Thunderclap
Exploding Palm - Flesh of the Weak
Serenity - Instant Karma
BoH - Blazing Wrath
Dashing Strike - Flying Side Kick
Mantra of Evasion - Hard Target

STI
NDE
BoY

vs Wizard

Anything works here, poor wizards.

vs Monk

Same setup as versus Barbs.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 23:19:24 pm by Wittster »

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Skill setups against the different classes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:31:25 am »

Why do you like blazing wrath so much?  I feel like it's a huge waste of a skill slot.  Sure, a sub-par heal and a mediocre damage boost is decent for PvE, but I feel like there are much better PvP-oriented skills.  I would use SSS in place of it.

Wittster

• Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 21:21:45 pm »

I found both the heal and the dmg boost quite significant and I often struggle finding the spirit to cast all of bells, ds and sss. It's very rare in my experience that sss does something that bells don't do in most matchups. The option to have sss is nice ofcourse so I understand your point, but I'd just rather have the 'passive' bonuses of boh-blazing wrath.

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 22:54:43 pm »

I found both the heal and the dmg boost quite significant and I often struggle finding the spirit to cast all of bells, ds and sss. It's very rare in my experience that sss does something that bells don't do in most matchups. The option to have sss is nice ofcourse so I understand your point, but I'd just rather have the 'passive' bonuses of boh-blazing wrath.

I don't know how much hp your have, but I usually have anywhere from 100-120k hp when I'm in my pvp setup.  A 6-7k heal is almost unnoticeable for me.  The damage boost is OK, but it costs 25 spirit to cast.  I would rather cast SSS once than BoH twice. 

And SSS isn't just about the damage.  It's about the instant teleport and invulnerability, too.  It's one of the very few ways to reliably kill a DH.

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 18:52:15 pm »

I have a question about Monk vs Monk. How did Shisky beat Rice, Rice beat Wittster, and Wittser beat Shisky lol?

Wittster

• Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 20:01:52 pm »

shisky porobably got lucky against rice, rice outplayed me, and i got lucky against shisky :)
lot of RNG in monk battles

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:35:36 am »

Monk v Monk is probably the most volatile of all mirrors.  You can completely outplay your opponent and have them dodge every single attack while they crit you twice and win.  Monk v Monk really doesn't mean anything with such a small sample size of only 9 duels.  It's annoying but that's just the nature of the class.

Basically, imagine if DH's didn't have chem burn in mirrors.

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 18 queries.