• March 28, 2024, 22:27:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Creating Competitive-PVP  (Read 27027 times)

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Competitive-PVP
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »

As long as we dont build our community around prize pools. I´ve competed in different sports and even pinball (xD) and this has been a discussion almost everywhere. I stand on the no side even though i see occasional and well organized tours with high prizes as something cool. The core need to be built around competition and the will to be high up the rankings, not to get rich. As long as we understand eachother here everything is fine by me.

A Tournament with prizes if we hold one must be well organized, we should do good PR, we should give prizes to final 8 of bracket and 100 mil joker prize to one random player and we _d3cl_ should provide the gold, not the players through entry fee´s. You dont start off well PR wise by letting your not yet existent player base pay for the tournament. Should be crystal clear for everyone. WE pay, or no prize. We should be able to gather at least 500 mil, possibly even 1b.

I agree with mannercookie that tournaments should be the core, not leagues. Thats a complete ego statement for me simply because thats how I like to play. I know tournaments have to be organized through a director and I also know I dont want to be that director so I can only say that I wish to see tournaments :P

I also agree that the first and foremost thing is to get the ball rolling, and we have done that with our league. That the US players dont join it is not our fault, this is a EU community first and US part is like what? 30 days old compared to 13 years of EU? Have patience.

Mannercookie - we NEED a lobby system you´re right. And hopefully we´re getting it in 1.08. So far they posted that the channels will be for friends only but lets cross our fingers and hope they pull out a bit of their control and let us move freely. As I see it Blizz is starting to adress these things so its a matter of when now, not if.

That said - the lobby is great to meet people, but the rankings and stats input need to be on an external site - this site. Our site is not 1999, its very up to date - unfortunatly Battle net is the worst social experience ever to be seen in online gaming so its very hard to meet unless you already know eachother. That puts a sort of pressure on this site that cannot be dealt with because its a problem of battlenet (that they hopefully solve soon). Again - Lobby is great and lets cross our fingers that we can at least come up with some sort of solution for it for next patch.

Just a last quick comment from me - I do NOT believe that we are too old to gather for a tournament. Quite the opposite actually. I dont have time to join in a running league and play a match here, a match there. I plan my time and if I know that there is a sunday tournament this week and a saturday tour next week I can plan ahead and say "im gonna join the saturday tour next week and skip this one cause I have X to do this sunday". Tournaments IS THE SHIT AND YOU NEED TO REALIZE IT  ;D

love and kisses and dont hate on us mannercookie.

mannercookie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 13:09:14 pm »

Maybe it was a bit confusing what I wrote, but what I meant by PVP lobby is that

We can still send out challenges on the site, and obviously all the stats/reporting must be done on site.

but

we can supplement that via adding a public lobby that league members are aware of

so for example, Player BOB wants to play a match and he's sent out 10 challenges to others on the ladder.

No one is around to give BOB a match

Bob joins the public D3CL league lobby (act4,mp4,quest1 for example), he waits until someone with the same thought process as bob joins.

they request/accept each other's challenge and start a private game for a match.

Also, I dont hate on D3CL.

I just really dislike trolls, and there are a lot of trolls on this forum.

Cheers
PVP Gearing/Strategy Guides
www.youtube.com/mannercookie

My Twitch Stream
www.twitch.tv/mannercookie

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 13:14:29 pm »

Yeah thats exactly how I see a lobby too. Best would a joinable channel to pick up new players too. New players _NEED_ to be picked up in game or at least there need to be a platform in game that is easy to find, pleasurable to join (like imagine 40 people in the d3cl chat all the time you will have conversations about nothing and everything and also stability and new people can get quick answers to questions, those who wanna do pvp can quickly find someone to play with etc. Just like it was in diablo2 and the channels we had there. Was awsome :))

As it is now we only get those who really wants it and somehow heard of it.

But its up to Bnet to provide this, what you suggested is the only possible solution at the moment and it stinks. Thats not your fault, its a problem of social experience of battle net. You simply feel like you´re in offline mode all the time. :(

edit: Our channels in d2 also functioned superb for tournaments as all the players could just meet up there. Those who already played their group matches could wait in the channel while the rest finished and follow the matches and talk to others who were out of the tour or just followed it all. Judges could stand in chat too and were easy to get a hold of and when next round started well, everybody were at the same place and things ran smooth. So fingers crossed for future patches cause they are needed for tournaments to work smoothly.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 13:25:39 pm by jointit »

MysticaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:46 am »

The lobby stuff I find pretty debatable and for me whatever, I just want some way to duel people so I'm still satisfied with the current system.

One thing I'd really like to see is some form of rewards, I think we can all agree that a Dueling/PvP tournament needs to have some reward for winning. I guess right now the only realistic reward is Gold, but it's much more encouraging when you're actually playing for something.

If we Duel for nothing, it's like grinding Inferno Act 3 to "improve your gear" --> except in dueling you "improve your e-peen."

The dueling patch was good, but to be completely honest, it's starting to feel very pointless once again, and I think it's not just me, probably lots of people are starting to feel this way again. A reward of some sort would help this part

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 09:12:23 am »

Tours on diablo 2, pcl,  were without any pricez. I think we can make some pricez for the winners. But There will win all the time the same players i think. Meyby... Lets try somę but i think we Need another way to gra Players. We Need to show them Than pvp here is balanced, playable and much much fun.

Made by tapatalk

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:31 pm »

In my eyes the best rewards in diablo2-leaques were the Forum-profile-signatures and unique  profile pictures and not any forms of gold or items.

i think most players liked their pictures and the header (for example: Winner 3rd 2vs2 Tournament or Winner 1on1 season 2) where some of you guys have now "d3cl rule developer"

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 14:16:00 pm »

i think most players liked their pictures and the header (for example: Winner 3rd 2vs2 Tournament or Winner 1on1 season 2) where some of you guys have now "d3cl rule developer"

great idea. thats the way we should go

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 16:40:01 pm »

so in the end most player had a "i won something" and an avatar-picture but the values for the community were quite easy to see

The 4v4 Tournament Winning was one of the lowest ranks. BvB; AvA and so on were very interesing especially for guilds with focus on these mirror-matches and the 1on1 single challenge-title was always the highest valuable aim of all players.

And there were really freaky players in history. If someone like Tac won the 1on1 tour 3 times in a row where all other players of his class were not even top 10 then the player had some skill^^

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 17:53:12 pm »

noob tac sits in his kitchen now with USB internet.  ;D

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 23:53:14 pm »

In my eyes the best rewards in diablo2-leaques were the Forum-profile-signatures and unique  profile pictures and not any forms of gold or items.

I agree with these things :) Also it would be nice to see like the top3 of previous seasons somewhere in the sidelines of the main website, perpetuate their names and all that stuff.

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 18:20:54 pm »

and really use as often as possible ko-playoffs of the best 8 after the ending leaque-deadline

... nobody wants such think like last season between blud and vimer...

just 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and so on ... winner 1v8 against winner 4 vs 5 to give 1+2 the chance to battle at the final ... they can trick as much as they want for special position but if u want the title u have to beat everyone anyway

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 22:05:17 pm »

Hey mannercookie why don't you play league with us btw?

mannercookie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 00:08:33 am »

honestly I don't have time to take another 100 challenge requests

and I've already dueled most of the players in the league.

Maybe sometime in the future.
PVP Gearing/Strategy Guides
www.youtube.com/mannercookie

My Twitch Stream
www.twitch.tv/mannercookie
Pages: 1 [2]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 19 queries.