• March 28, 2024, 09:47:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Next season?  (Read 9845 times)

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Next season?
« on: April 17, 2013, 21:43:14 pm »

When is next season going to start? I know the PTR league is likely going to be cancelled as Blizzard will unlikely fix the damage reduction in PTR until near or after PTR is over. Also, the mirror leagues (EU only) seem to be almost done. Has there been sufficient testing with the test leagues to come to the conclusion of what the rules are going to be set as?

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
Re: Next season?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:07:59 am »

it looks we will start the next season after 1.08 release. dunno if we need rule fix because of new patch or just modifications even for 1.0.7. you should ask the dev team.

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:46:43 am »

As barb i think we dont need rulz. Some wizard found pretty good build against barbs, dh improve themselvs any day. The question is how Barb vs WD could be balanced, - no rulz or something else

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 17:21:10 pm »

I agree with nofear.

Wizzard got nice buffs and we still got problems with barbs.. meyby it is impossible to solve?

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 20:28:49 pm »

As barb i think we dont need rulz. Some wizard found pretty good build against barbs, dh improve themselvs any day. The question is how Barb vs WD could be balanced, - no rulz or something else

Barbs don't need any nerfs but there is an issue with the way the game works. I outlined the 4 scenarios that I see when I play against a Barb:

A) DH goes defensive + Barb goes defensive = Stalemate
B) DH goes offensive + Barb goes defensive = Barb at advantage
C) DH goes defensive + Barb goes offensive = DH at slight advantage
D) DH goes offensive + Barb goes offensive = DH at advantage

This then forces the Barb to play defensive as offensive options tend to lead to unfavorable matches. This then forces the DH to counter by also going defensive, leading to a stalemate. This was shown by Mystical and the issue is defensive play wins unless you and your opponent both agree to go offensive. That is what I think the problem is with Barb vs DH duels.

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 23:15:51 pm »

Hey Iria, you should duel Druin btw, best monk I've met by far, think he can give you real trouble, even with chemical burn. It might just be time to revoke even that rule lol.

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 01:48:50 am »

Best way for the duel Barb vs DH is scenario B, but not cuz barb is op or has advantage. Its simple cuz both heroes are builded for what they are: dh-dmg and barb to be tanky. If dh has the right dmg and playstyle against the barb, the chances are 50/50%

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 07:52:07 am »

Hey Iria, you should duel Druin btw, best monk I've met by far, think he can give you real trouble, even with chemical burn. It might just be time to revoke even that rule lol.

Played him tonight, better than most Monks.

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 18 queries.