• March 28, 2024, 22:54:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Inspiring presence for 1.08  (Read 31750 times)

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Inspiring presence for 1.08
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 15:31:52 pm »

Ofc Raven i didn´t talked about unbuffed Dps.
The problem i personally have with the matchup is the question:
Do i go with Max dmg, low HP into the fight, and try to hurt a barb, but die in 2 crit rends?
or
Do i go with much EHP, hope for 5 lucky crit impales in a row, and don´t die in 2 crit rends?
The first option needs a absolute flawless gameplay by the DH even vs average barbs, because im very vulnerable and can´t afford to get rended.
The second option brings the "Stalemate" function with it. We play with each others balls, because i don´t have enough dmg to kill you, and also don´t like to die.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 15:59:27 pm by KNHO »

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 16:05:11 pm »

I think that max damage, low-ish ehp and a lot of practice can do it.

u can always run and wait for preparation and / or pot if u get a crit rend but with enough practice the rends will be few and far between.

I actually played vs mystical right after he played devil, at first I underestimated him, I played with warcry but no threatening and he killed me eventually, with warcry it was stalemate but his dps is pretty bad on EU

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 16:12:42 pm »

Im up for more tests today vs barbs/wd's predsr#2228

MoKKaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 16:55:58 pm »

Do i go with Max dmg, low HP into the fight, and try to hurt a barb, but die in 2 crit rends?
welcome to the world of wizz! - sry, that had to be :P

if anyone is interested in some test vs a wizz --> mokkal#2362

edit: ... when/if the ptr is up ...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 16:57:34 pm by MoKKaL »

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 18:38:53 pm »

welcome to the world of wizz! - sry, that had to be :P

Haha, but really what we consider squishy as wizz is tanky as a dh. we give our ar for granted and dh gear really sucks for ehp as the nats set has very limited random rolls.... big sacrifices in dex to be made if u want vit over 100 + ar and obviously forget about armour, e reduce or l reg.... but hey at least they get %life roll on chest, to loose it in helm btw only good ehp piece in nats is the boots which are awsome btw. legacy is even worse.

Now go compare that to a zuni chest....

btw: ximae#1789 if anyone wants to test stuff be it live or ptr.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 18:49:50 pm by ximae »

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 19:30:33 pm »

I disagree that monk - barb is all about burst. I've been duelling a lot against some various 220k hp barbs and what I found to work best is to go for crazy high exploding palm damage and keep them on low hp. This way they'll be running from you most of the time, and it's a bit of a back and forth cat and mouse game and the winner is usually the person that crits twice in a row but monks have a bit of an advantage then because when barbs get cocky after critting once, you can often bait them into the open and 1-shot them with sss.

The inspiring presence buff kills this tactic and I don't think it's possible to beat a 20m ehp barb with pure burst.

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 20:25:03 pm »

In the discussions on Battlenet forums, the topics are overruned now by noobs that talk stupid stuff like "Even with this new life regen buff, Barbs will have a very hard time vs Dh´s".....Where are the players of this community? If a topic like this is made, we need to bomb them with arguments otherway it just doesn´t make sense.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 21:33:26 pm »

@up have right.

Guys.. I know im noob but.. We Need push the topic on battle.net.. Seriously..  These newbies that dueling only twice time or smth like that can not be voice of pvp players (or what ever like that...)

D2 was always about pvp. I think like 80-20% pvp to pve or even more. D3 are the same. Pve players stoping play one by one, pvp players have to get lead now.

Yee i know my English is sooo bad. I hope u know what i mean.
By tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 21:35:01 pm by Forti »

MysticaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 22:11:54 pm »

in the vids mystical beat devil with d3cl rules he had about 180k unbuffed, with soj

my EU DH has about 150k unbuffed dps, 180k must have been with steady aim

I don't really have an opinion on inspiring presense, I think it's dumb, and I think most of us were pretty speechless when they released this. The 2% WD regen (note: 2% that's like barb's Inspiring presense in 1.0.7 LOL), combined with BT regen and fortitude reduction is also dumb

If he is able to land a kill on a defensive barb...this will take like 50 mins per round. This video vs Devil, says just nothing about balance of this matchup. I hope Mystical himself will write here something about this, i guess a lot of people just don´t get what he is talking about.

This is true. In my opinion, "defensive barbs" are actually trolling lol, these players are just playing a "DRAW or LOSE" game. If you do not have the DPS to kill them, you draw, they are testing your gear. However, if you are an impatient DH, you will lose, and this is what Barbs are taking advantage of now.

Stacking eHP and forcing draws is the easy way out. This is what you call the "Bunker style DH vs Barb" tactic, there is NO difference :)

Right now barbs are just charging at me in a straight line with high eHP, (PRO GAMEPLAY !1!1!!) so of course they will lose after ~20 minutes... Some are smarter and avoid straight line patterns and control the center... which is the only optimization in Barb vs DH gameplay since 1.0.7 PTR. Offense in D3 is where the skill is needed, and chasing your opponent in a line, or cutting corners is not skill. Everyone is capable of stacking VIT, Allres, Regen and hugging corners for a draw.

Regen buffs make it too easy to stalemate games. My opinion is that if you drop Nerves & Relentless, you can still hug corners and stalemate whenever you want (lol 9k hp regen?). Removing these passives will add balance, only if Barb uses PRO GAMEPLAY!1!1! style and chases their opponent in a straight line.

Sorry to say but I think only mirrors are interesting right now (DH vs. DH is still fun and skillful :) )
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 22:15:40 pm by MysticaL »

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 22:45:46 pm »

Thank you MysticaL, i couldn´t agree more. I talk about this stuff all the time but nobody listens to me.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 01:56:26 am »

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8691259453?page=1

Thanks for the feedback! Based on discussions we’ve seen from players testing Inspiring Presence on the PTR, we’re going to go ahead and change Inspiring Presence back to its previous values. In a future PTR build, it will return 2% of your maximum Life per second instead of 4%. This is being done to keep it in line with other Life regeneration skills.*Edit* I should note that we're keeping the part where it will buff your allies.

;)

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 02:02:16 am »

Blue post TL;DR:

Inspiring Presence is going back to 2% but with AoE effect (no effect in PVP).

However, I think the Brooding and Blood Ritual bonuses are going to be 2% still. You guys think that is ok? Or do we need to ban those skills? (I don't use brooding anyways with my playstyle.)

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 02:49:21 am »

I suggest a ban of Brooding and Aid Station vs. Wizards, it's too easy to run hide from them and reset to full HP in 25s max.
For WDs I suggest that they have to choose between Blood Ritual and Jungle Fortitude in all match-ups. Their offensive abilities will also need some restrictions depending on the match-ups, Spirit Barrage + Haunt + buffed Firebats is impossible to deal with for any class.

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 03:18:34 am »

Blue post TL;DR:

However, I think the Brooding and Blood Ritual bonuses are going to be 2% still. You guys think that is ok? Or do we need to ban those skills? (I don't use brooding anyways with my playstyle.)

Those skills may prove to be overpowered with shields.  Can you imagine a WD built the same way as a barb with the 2% life regen?  They won't need to get into range to rend anymore, just haunt/spider/barrage from 2 screens away while laughing off damage.  Remember, they also have 30% damage reduction in PvP, so they can be almost just as tanky as top-end barbs.

One thing is for certain, monks are definitely getting shafted this patch.

link1313

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 06:08:49 am »

Blue post TL;DR:

good news. i think it should have been 3% due to the other life regen buffs but i guess ill take the invigorate buff  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 19 queries.