• June 26, 2024, 07:29:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PTR League start (2013-04-27)  (Read 23857 times)

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: PTR League start (2013-04-27)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 17:12:46 pm »

I think a wiz tried that vs me when I was using clobber, but I might be mistaken.

I'll add u dilavo when I get home, to test it.

dilaVo

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 17:44:18 pm »

I'll add u dilavo when I get home, to test it.
That might be difficult, because I sold my whole PvP set (well only amu left, because it's account bound - it's on my wd). I'm waiting for 1.1 (PvP patch) and then I will decide if it's worth buying pvp gear or not. Test it with wizards against whom you usually fight. I'm sure you have some on your friend list otherwise you wouldn't talk about barb vs wiz duels.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 18:48:15 pm »

SO.. I wont play 6-10 months.

By tapatalk

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 18:55:57 pm »

wouldn't chilling aura or crystallize rune be better?
no, it wouldn't

130% damage is like a small tickle vs barbs
Obviously, but it still works quite nice if you use Cold Blooded and high raw dmg build with enough ehp to be able to stand still while casting Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell + RoF - Snow Blast / Cold Blood. This skill is quite nice against low dmg melee oponents (just like Storm Armor - Reactive Armor works nice against low dmg ranged oponents ex. tank dh's).

Anyway test it and let us know what you think about it. I see no point in talking about things you didn't use / test / etc. (but maybe that's just me?).

I actually tested this quickly with hola last week, when mokkal said it was the most balanced with hota.

It is nice, but a wash over storm armour so it doesnt have me sold, probably need more testing though. U actually loose more dps than i though removing sa in trade for better survivability but the nicest part is the free freeze u get when he hits u, but the chance is lowish id say around 15% and the chill just overlaps with rof anyways.

as for the runes i tried:

jagged ice was a nono coz its damage is pathetic vs barbs, unlike vs monks coz it also seems undodgable, so it trades very badly as hota still hurts a ton so u wont be wanting to get hit, if u want the dps just stick to storm armour.

cristalize seemed the better option as at least the dps tradeoff was for a good mitigation buff the bad part is that u dont get the full benefit till the third hit so ur pretty low on health already.

dilaVo

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 19:18:31 pm »

jagged ice was a nono coz its damage is pathetic vs barbs [...]  if u want the dps just stick to storm armour
The dmg is exactly the same as dmg from Storm armor - Thunder Storm, but with Ice Armor - Jagged Ice you always benefit from Cold Blooded. Maybe you were dueling a barb that had a lot of cold res + ice climbers and that is why you had the feeling that you are actually doing more dmg with Storm Armor?

so it trades very badly as hota still hurts a ton so u wont be wanting to get hit
Like I said, this armor works only against low dmg melee builds. If a barb is using 2-hander you won't be able to stand still (obviously), but if he is using ex. spear + shield you should be able to nuke him before he kills you with HotA.

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 19:57:25 pm »

dilavo, sa also deals little damage to barbs, at least in my rof setup since i have smaller av damage, a lot of ias and lower cd compared to skorn. The problem is the frequency at which it hits, sa hits once per second jagged ice hits when they hit u. So jagged ice would benefit far more from high ias barb slapping u than a big pounding hammer in ur head.

The real problem is the way it hits, u need to trade to get benefit from jagged ice and the damage ur taking compared to what he is taking does not benefit you. if u want to use it as a dps skill u are much better off kiting and dodging his attacks so u take 0 damage  and let sa hit him once per second, u not taking damage and him taking it is a much better trade off imho.

btw: he was using 1h + shield not 2h. 1h + shield hota still hits pretty hard, pretty much harder than ur jagged ice hits him.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 20:00:07 pm by ximae »

dilaVo

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 20:24:18 pm »

sa hits once per second jagged ice hits when they hit u.
well not exactly once per second, but on average once per second

btw: he was using 1h + shield not 2h. 1h + shield hota still hits pretty hard, pretty much harder than ur jagged ice hits him.
I see. If it's not a problem I would like to borrow (on PTR) your skorn setup. The one you had when we were playing in mirror league (94%+ dmg reduction). I would like to test it myself. Maybe those HotA barbs against whom I fought weren't good enough.

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 20:40:46 pm »

well it was 94% accounting for pvps 30% dr and the 6% ranged in bt coat that wouldnt apply to hota. but i stopped using that vs barbs coz it just lacked the dps to kill the better ones as id endup running out of ap even at 1.0 aps.

but sure i can let u have it in ptr as i can just recopy it in a couple days.... but only if we play some practice games before :p

i was thinking if the current wiz v wiz build might be outdated with the new buffs and want to test it.

MoKKaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 21:03:34 pm »

i tested jagged ice against darkraven on ptr ... and it sucked :)
u will loose too much damage!

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 21:06:32 pm »

I tested vs mokkal on ptr.

ice armor was a too big dps loss, even if it stunned me a couple of times it was after he got a big hota in the head.

hota shots vs a good cm wiz are a lot less than 1 per sec. storm armor is needed for the dps.

overall our games felt balanced any mistake is quickly punished, I think that in the final score he had an advantage.

BUT this was with 4% regen from ptr inspiring presence.

also, I used marauder rage, maybe threatening shout would be better vs the new RoF and to get away when low.

overall mokkal had 27% dodge which I think is very big vs hota. I needed a lot more hota shots to kill him, compared to shadow on live server, although I think he has less ehp than shadow.

it felt very helpless from my point of view, it relied so much on his luck on resetting cds, with a good combo he got me very low before I could do anything.

it's a lot more annoying and frustrating than playing vs hex and gargantuan, where u can at least avoid them with good movement.

with only 2% regen from insp presence it may be required to nerf something. either cm or one of the stuns, but I can't speak for all barbs... others that tested should share their experience.

dilaVo

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 21:10:52 pm »

but sure i can let u have it in ptr as i can just recopy it in a couple days
yeah, exactly

but only if we play some practice games before :p
sure, gladly

EDIT: I played against DarkRaven on PTR today. I tried EHP setup with 202k DPS buffed (Magic weapon - Force weapon, no % elite dmg) with three different types of armor: Ice armor - Jagged ice, Storm armor - Thunder storm, Storm armor - Shocking aspect. I was able to survive a couple of his HotA's (with Diamond skin - Crystal shell and Blur instead of Unstable anomaly), but I wasn't doing enough dmg to kill him. In fact I wasn't able to kill him even when he was standing still and casting only Threatening shout. During the test I was attacking with RoF - Cold blood and SA - Thunder storm. I didn't use debuff (Mirror images) and DarkRaven didn't use potions and Ignore pain. Maybe RoF - Snow blast would make a difference here, but I highly doubt that. Anyway I'm not sure what is the minimum DPS required to kill a barb with this amount of EHP.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 18:37:32 pm by dilaVo »

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 22:12:33 pm »

Is this going to start. Or maybe next season?

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 22:46:25 pm »

I hope for next seazon @ 1.0.8 alive. Even without rulez like seazon first was.

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 09:21:55 am »

bug is probably still not fixed so it looks like we're going to start next season on live server. i'm not sure if "league style" competition is a good idea in summer time so we'll probably switch to 1-2 days tournaments for 2-3 months. expect some info soon.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 13:31:17 pm »

why not have league seasons that last a couple of months, even with imperfect rules, or rules changing over the course of a season, AND also some weekend tournaments for those who want more.

based on the league standings you could also organize tournaments for different categories of players so that more players have a chance to win

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 17 queries.