D3CL Community boards > Community information and announcements

US & EU D3CL Season #2

<< < (3/36) > >>

link1313:
Thanks for starting up the season. Some interesting rule choices. Should be fun for some matches.

Forti:
Why would you not put the official rulez on main website? Many players dont read forum, and the forum is "hard to read".

Mr.Mag:
dont worry. rules will be posted also on website :)

Iria:
Sorry if I sounded very aggressive in my last post. I have met Wizards that have done so much damage so quickly, that without a Boar to eat a few thunder bolts or a Preparation, I would have little chance. A good Wizard will take 3-4 of my critical Impales before dying, but with Wave of Force, Mirror Images, Teleport, etc. it can be hard to land those. Without at least one form of mitigation (Boar or Battle Scars), the fights will be very short. Shorter so with lower EHP DH. This is not to say it is impossible, but the duels will revolve around luck for me (in dodging thunder). I think the duel is much closer now but I dislike RNG being a major component of a duel (similar to my problem with the Chemical Burn ban).

As for the DH vs Barb discussion, I have tested with high EHP Barbs and I simply don't do enough damage against them if they can survive 5 critical Impales in a row (landing 5, let alone critically hitting with 5 in a row is near impossible). If the Barb cannot die, the duel is basically a stalemate until the DH makes a mistake (or runs out of discipline). I actually would prefer Threatening Shout ban over War Cry ban if that is considered and possibly limit passives to only 2 defensive ones (any 2 of Inspiring Presence, Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, and Relentless) with the last passive something else (Unforgiving, Superstition, Ruthless, etc.). Of course, this would require more testing and I don't know for sure if that is enough or too much (I think it is enough for high EHP Barbs). I define a high EHP Barb as one that takes less than 20% health damage from a critical Impale with everyone applying all their buffs and debuffs.

For the DH vs WD match, upon testing, I think Rapid Fire evens the playing field a lot but Bats will hard counter that lol. The no Haunt and Fire Bats rule might be ok, but I don't have enough testing yet to be sure. Again, I am sorry if I sounded too aggressive.

Euronymous:
You didn't sound aggressive to me, I just find it unwarranted to call for rules to be double checked or to start making rankings without thorougly testing them.
D3 dueling is heavily RNG thanks to crits, even more for you since your mitigation mostly is RNG. If you can't reach the threshold to kill your opponent you will lose or force a stalemate. Banning a few skills here and there to "balance" the game won't change that.

I don't see a way out of this except for forcing people to re-gear with non-crit gear and limiting/banning the ways to regen HP. I can see it being more fun than the current dueling but it's probably not gonna happen because it would require a large group of players willing to test and play like that.
Here is a vid of lvl9 DH vs. Barb that shows similar gameplay (low crit, regen limit):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFDRNMZaao&feature=youtu.be

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version