• March 28, 2024, 12:14:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Awards and cooperation with loothunter  (Read 27093 times)

DaRkE

• D3CL Operator
  • Iskatu
  • kk thx bye
    • View Profile
Awards and cooperation with loothunter
« on: May 25, 2013, 00:12:54 am »

Comments towards awards and cooperation with loothunter.

http://www.d3cl.com/en/news/view/192/diablo3-wwwloothunternet.htm
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:44:45 am by Mr.Mag »

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
Re: Awards and cooperation with loothunter
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:54:13 am »

Ok,  so now I hope more players will come to us. Viper and insane will take all awards by the way :)

by tapatalk

Damx

• Spamer
  • Lucion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:46:51 am »

what ?

VimeR

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 14:18:25 pm »

good idea with tournaments and awards, maybe more good players wanna join

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 21:52:02 pm »

well, first of all the league system might need some fixing maybe.

a couple of ideas:

at the beginning of the league players should have a hidden rating based on previous results and gear and only games with players with similar rankings should be allowed.

no offense to anyone, but the beginning of the league seemed like a race to kill worse players before their score dropped and u don't get points from them.

after that, at least top players should be forced to play against each other every 3 days to determine a clear ranking, not based only on how many games u can find. because there can be situations where a top ranked player didn't even play against the other good players, or played only once while others played a lot more.

anyway, a playoff also should determine the no1 who may not be the one with most points, either elimination rounds or group based with top 8 followed by semifinals and finals.

my 2c :)

almost forgot, we need some stalemate rules too :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 21:55:10 pm by DarkRaven »

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 23:32:43 pm »

100% agree with Darky

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 23:50:48 pm »

Sounds good
But we need to rework some rulz like Barb vs DH. Since the buff of rapid fire, similar geared barb and dh with similar skill the favor is for dh. So barb need full defense ( sometimes war cry + shout, rapid fire makes a lot dmg now).
Also still think WotB no rune Insanity would be good against wizards.
And agaisnt the big problem - WD. Banning firebats doesnt resolve the problem. ( dont look at Vimer, pls)

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 04:00:07 am »

Sounds good
But we need to rework some rulz like Barb vs DH. Since the buff of rapid fire, similar geared barb and dh with similar skill the favor is for dh. So barb need full defense ( sometimes war cry + shout, rapid fire makes a lot dmg now).
Also still think WotB no rune Insanity would be good against wizards.
And agaisnt the big problem - WD. Banning firebats doesnt resolve the problem. ( dont look at Vimer, pls)

Do it like Exe or Darky, i don´t remember now who of them said.
Buff Impale Dh´s vs Barb / Nerf Rapidfire DH´s vs Barb

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 07:49:31 am »

yeah, maybe if dh uses rf allow barbs to use all skills and if dh doesn't use it, ban all runes on wc and also relentless maybe.

dunno what to say about barb vs wd, I wish vimer could tell us exactly how he did it. The game pretty much relies on what both players do during wotb. I tried what Euro suggested against wds with similar ehp, the best chance to kill them during wotb still seemed to be charge, but only if I could kill them in 2 crits or 2 crits and one non crit, which means dropping some ehp.

that's why probably vimer is the only one with good enough balanced gear to defeat insane.

on the other hand insane retired and he sells his gear. it all depends on what kind of players are in the league and if we want to balance around them or for the top players that exist in d3.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 08:11:11 am »

Vimer have high ehp (9k unbuffered?) and 78k (?) dps. Is there any one how got similar? I dumb it. I know some barb with 8-9l ehp and 50k dps what is too less to kill Wds. We just need more testing and training on this game

by tapatalk

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 08:58:21 am »

yeah, diabloprogress ehp and pvp dummy score mean nothing because they dont take into account reduce vs elites and dmg vs elites, which is pretty dumb.

vimer's shown ehp of 6.7 mil is actually more than those with 8.5-9 mil on the same site because of his reduce vs elites.

he is no14 pvp dummy, and he has bt set, which actually shows that is he best geared in EU atm. I think he is the only top player of his class currently in d3cl, maybe also SIN? as euro said, even insane is lower geared than blud or euro himself.

it's hard to balance around the players in the league because one class my have it's best and others not, but what if we nerf barbs further vs dh and then a top dh enters and rapes all barbs because they were over-nerfed? you all know barbs qq tears are the biggest in game  :)

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 11:18:18 am »

hidden rank is not so easy to do. how should it work? top players from previous season can't challenge weaker players at the beginning? i could do such thing but it would work only in first 5 duels. after 5 duels temporary points become real points and it will be too difficult to do changes without serious bugs ;)

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 12:24:33 pm »

Let's take a look at top players. Mnich never played against Vimer or Wds. Hecis not only one :)

by tapatalk

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 12:57:15 pm »

it shouldn't be necessarily hidden ranking, it could be 4 tiers (divisions) of players, the tiers could be hidden or not.

each player could challenge withing the same tier of players for the first week or so, after that tier 1 can be mixed with tier 2 and challenges based on the -/+ points threshold, so that the best players in tier 2 will be able to test their skills against tier 1 and the ranking should be normalized. The same with tier 3 and 4.

after 2 weeks the 2 remaining tiers will become one league and the lower players with big score will be able to prove if they actually deserve it.

maybe this way each player will have nice balanced duels and if he just stomps on the players from same tier he gets the chance to play against better opponents, but in a progressive way.

i know it's probably kinda complicated and more problems could arise, maybe others have better ideas of separating players, at least in the beginning of the league.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 20:32:41 pm »

Isn't that pretty much how it works now? The 180-point difference already separates players. Tier-1 are active players with 80%+ winning ratio, tier-2 are active players with winning ratios or new players with very good winning ratios, tier-3 are new players or ~50% w/l ratios and tier-4 are players with losing ratios. As a tier-4 player you have to beat some other tier-4 players until you get the chance to further improve by dueling tier-3 players and so forth.

The community is just too small now for it to work itself out properly, if you look at the table of the first season you can clearly see how different tiers emerged.
http://www.d3cl.com/en/league/view/3/pvp-d3cl-1v1-league-eu.htm

That being said, I think the whole idea of a league isn't working for D3. It's too much of a drag and too little incentive to play in it.
In my opinion d3cl should provide a database to find other players that signed up for d3cl. Wouldn't it be nice to have a search engine for duelers, e.g search for "legacy nats DH" and sort after pvp-dummy score? The current challenging and messaging system could be used to have friendlies with the players you found in the db.
For competitive pvp regular tournaments should take place. Tournament score should also be in the db and could be used to create a ladder.
Pages: [1] 2 3

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 18 queries.