• March 28, 2024, 18:41:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Awards and cooperation with loothunter  (Read 27095 times)

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
Re: Awards and cooperation with loothunter
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 08:41:07 am »

In my opinion d3cl should provide a database to find other players that signed up for d3cl. Wouldn't it be nice to have a search engine for duelers, e.g search for "legacy nats DH" and sort after pvp-dummy score? The current challenging and messaging system could be used to have friendlies with the players you found in the db.
For competitive pvp regular tournaments should take place. Tournament score should also be in the db and could be used to create a ladder.

i thought about it a couple of month ago but i wasn't sure if it it's necessary. you can always post a pm on forum, create a topic and if anyone would be interested - he will simply answer. of course we could try to create a paralel messaging system and signups for just traing duels.

remember to not complicate the whole ladder system. hidden parameters are ok perhaps but it must be possible to do :) more more complicated, more bugs. the problem is only on start. later everything backs to normal. so if we should focus on something - its a start i think (first 5 duels).

prices should attract more players. i'll post some news on eu/us forums today about the league.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 10:31:47 am »

yeah, the real problem is the start of the league, where some kind of separation is needed.

also there should be an auto match-making system, for top players at least, forcing them to play each other every 3 days or so.

prizes as incentive are always welcome but the prizes should be spread in a way that everybody has a chance at something.

maybe top 4 but also top players from each class... if we have 4+ wds of insane level or more then others classes may not think they have chances at the top.

also maybe small prizes throughout the league.
like lower ranked players have a chance every few days to challenge a player in top 8 and if they win they get a small prize.

or random generated challenges non-ranked where the higher ranked player has a handicap based on how many more points he has, like playing without a gear slot...

dunno, there could be lots of stuff to make things more fun for all players.

any player that enters should have the feeling he has a chance to win something while also having fun, even if he loses 90% of games.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:01 am »

and about the prizes, I'm sure that are lots of players that would be willing to donate 5-10 mils, at least, for a bigger and well spread prize pool.

if a newer player knows that, for example, if he wins 5 challenges he gets 5 mil or something, it could be enough incentive to make him active and play until he manages to get that number.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 13:57:51 pm »

i thought about it a couple of month ago but i wasn't sure if it it's necessary. you can always post a pm on forum, create a topic and if anyone would be interested - he will simply answer. of course we could try to create a paralel messaging system and signups for just traing duels.

Of course you can post on here, but few people will read it or respond to it. I think the success of sites like diabloprogress shows that such dbs are very appealing to players.
A lot of duelers use diabloprogress to find opponents or to check what other people use. It is far from optimal though since you can only check for pvp-dummy score which doesn't tell you if these players are even dueling. It is completely useless to find opponents that don't have high-end gear because players below top-20 dummy are most likely pve players.
Diabloprogress is mainstream and for a lot of players it's the endgame of D3. I think we all agree that pvp should be recognized as the endgame of D3 and a "pvpprogress" version of diabloprogress would certainly help to get there.

Right now, you won't be recognized as a pvp player unless you sign up for a league. I'm sure that a lot more than the current ~50 players actively playing in d3cl leagues still actively play d3. 50 players, that is like 10% or less of the players registered on here. And then there is a large number of pvp players that didn't even register because they didn't like the rules, the league system or whatever.
That is just the "inner circle" of players that are already into dueling. There are thousands of players that would certainly love to duel if there was some kind of match-making or more incentives.

I think it's pointless and a waste of time to create some match-making/hidden mechanics for the current league system due to the lack of a players.
This site needs a solid foundation first which would be the suggested database. I don't know how much work it would be for you guys to build something like that, but seeing that you already thought about it, it looks like it's not impossible to do ;)
Once you have that it's a lot easier to set up leagues and tournaments of different tiers and rules.

Incentives like gold per win sounds more like farming than pvp to me, I don't think that's how you want to attract players. Where would that constant stream of gold come from anyway?
I think just the database alone would give many incentives. PvP-Dummy score is already an incentive for some players, you could easily add scores to that (d3cl score, mirror duel score, vs class score). The players with the highest score in a category could receive a title (e.g. barb slayer for the highest vs. barb score). Trophies for league and tournament wins could be shown.
The database could improve match-making a lot too. A "find opponent" button that shows you opponents that are likely to be a good match could be done. It could be based on pvp-dummy within a certain range and/or some of the other scores (like the score vs. your class).
Of course there a plenty of options to offer gold and items as incentives then. League and tournament prices, raffles, wager matches and so on.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 14:06:27 pm by Euronymous »

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 14:09:15 pm »

ok so it'll be our next target. i think about how should it work and later i'll post it here

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 15:07:56 pm »

a database with players divided by gear level is nice ( and I will surely use it ) but unfortunately PvP dummy score means almost nothing, at least for barbs.

1. it doesn't take into account the reduction vs elites
2. doesn't take into account damage vs elites
3. atk speed based damage is useless for barbs.
4. block value is highly overrated because of low incoming hit value taken into account.
5. life per second is not taken into account

Too many players in the top just try to optimize score without caring about real PvP, for ex, if I switch 4 items I jump from 2mil to 3mil score (~top 8 ) but my real dps drops, my real ehp drops, my survivability drops.

the real values which matter, imo, are ehp vs elites with and without dodge, and the value of the crit hit.

Dunno about other classes but I presume it's similar, not to mention resource management like disc, mana regen, apoc, spirit regen which play a huge role in pvp

And ofc there is the skill factor, that's why some kind of scoring system would be nice, so that everybody gets to see the results of top players competing against each other and identifying possible imbalances and new rules... which basically leads back to a league system.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 16:07:35 pm by DarkRaven »

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 16:55:19 pm »

Exactly, that's why there is a place for a "pvpprogress" that offers more than just the obviously flawed pvp-dummy score which isn't even telling me if the player is into pvp or not.
If the means to calculate a better pvp-dummy exist, then we should go for it and take the least flawed score to evaluate gear.

It's not there to replace the league system, it's there to give players a platform to meet, duel and compare each others pvp progress. D3cl leagues and tournaments are part of that pvp progress and can be displayed with your current rank and your titles, trophies and such. Mag is already pulling lots of data that could be used for many different scores, ladders and personal stats.

At least that's my idea of it, lets see what Mag comes up with ;)

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 00:25:11 am »

So, what is going on with "loothunter" ? Still no news about that ? Season prizes, tournament hostad with prize ?

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 09:34:28 am »

Have no contact with Sin ;/ but i'll try to contact him again

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:15 am »

Imo without TvT this league will be beetwen small group of friends. Even arawds didnt help much. Meyby after some first awards away.. meyby.

I hope we got tvt in next 6 months -,-

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 17:02:36 pm »

If there is good award system + some proper rulz, more ppl will play. I am making test balance since a lot of time with diff players so maybe i can give some proposal if needed.

Mnich

• Kabraxis
  • Marche Ou Crève. TOG
    • View Profile
    • The OlD Guard
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 18:21:06 pm »

LIFE IS BRUTAL Probably somebody cheated administration with these awards. xd   

But better so that I am wrong.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 18:24:23 pm by Mnich »

Être alerte l'ennemi est partout, même là où ne s'attend pas.

Marche Ou Crève Frère.

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:54 am »

So, what is going on?

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 07:31:11 am »

League is dead?

By tapatalk

Mnich

• Kabraxis
  • Marche Ou Crève. TOG
    • View Profile
    • The OlD Guard
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 19:57:37 pm »

the league season ended and where awards?  ;D ;D ;D

Être alerte l'ennemi est partout, même là où ne s'attend pas.

Marche Ou Crève Frère.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.