• March 29, 2024, 14:13:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rules proposal for the 4th season - open discussion  (Read 46996 times)

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Rules proposal for the 4th season - open discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 22:18:58 pm »

- The Demon Hunter is not allowed to play the “bunker – style”. This style is defined by laying “Turrets” and/or “Spike Traps” and not coming out from the range of these traps.

Maybe set up a better defination of this rule? Right now the rule is very confusing.
>>>The healing turet only makes sense if you sit in it, to heal up.<<< So how do we have to understand the existing rule?
= Healing turret is not allowed to use for Dh´s?
If yes, rewrite the rule please right now, so that every stupid BT Tank DH can understand it  ;) ::)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 23:51:13 pm by KNHO »

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 14:20:39 pm »

KNHO i'm not sure if changing the rules now (when season is going) is a good idea. give me some time to think about it. I'd like to give you (you and maybe nofear) ability to change the rules without me but i'm not sure if you won't favor classes you play on. tell me i'm wrong ;) as you know, i'm not competent enough to take such decision. we had > 10 d3cl members on the beginning, i wanted to be only a programmer, nothing else. now i have to be a one man army ;)

prizepool is about 700 mln. not much. i hope noone plays for this crappy gold but for immortal fame!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 14:28:24 pm by Mr.Mag »

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 16:05:12 pm »

We never would favour our classes. The whole thing about this, is to get a balance for all, and more fun.
All things that we say, are based on playing vs the best of each classes.
We got support from VC, and another very good players to create rules. So this wouldn´t be a problem at all.

The biggest Problem right now is the very low player number...
5-6!! Active players @ the moment! There must be any kind of promotion! And maybe a intresting prizepool..
I don´t realy know how to get people to play the league active. New, non experienced players come, get banged by the pros very hard, and leave instant. Maybe you should try to make mirror competition also every season. I think this would bring more and new players to d3cl.

Changing the rules during the season if you find a mistake, is ok in my opinion!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 16:09:51 pm by KNHO »

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 16:33:50 pm »

even low lvl dueling is not so popular. people dont want to 'pvp' ;/ hope blizz will do something with it asap. i'll make an advertisement on diablofans but i don't expect thousands of players ;)

that rule with turret is not new. why this is a problem now?

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 18:14:03 pm »

Mr Mag, you are not correct, when i host VC tournament - if i make good promotion - i have 16 players in 1 day signed and all of them are top players. You need to atract players, but with the current rules and no clear information about prize ... hm... good players may not join.

Baharoth

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 20:35:46 pm »

Mr Mag, you are not correct, when i host VC tournament - if i make good promotion - i have 16 players in 1 day signed and all of them are top players. You need to atract players, but with the current rules and no clear information about prize ... hm... good players may not join.

I dare say thats part of the Problem. As it is right now the "PvP Community" consists of how many? 30? Top Players and thats it. Due to the massiv gear Differences there is just no point for new Players to start pvp they just get raped 24/7. Pros only might work for tournaments, but its not enough to keep a league going.

The next problem are imo the rules. And i am not even talking about the balance between the classes. Its how the Duells work. Playing against Tank dhs in their Bunker is no fun at all and that "rule" isnt worth the paper its written on because the only way to make it count is to have a judge watch the Duell. Against TR Monks its an annoying "catch me if u can" Game that u just cant win as a barb cuz ur to slow. BVB sucks anyway at least in my opinion which leaves 2 Matchups that are at least a little fun to play. Well 1 matchup since there are hardly any wiz Players around. Stalemates are realy annoying and if both sides play to win they happen quite frequently. In my case 1 match against a Monk that ended in a stalemate after 15 minutes of fighting ruined my motivation for pvp completly and as long as the rules dont change to avoid that i dont feel like participating again.

And the LLD rules...well lets just say i am not suprised that half of the Players Play WD including the 2 at the top....

To cut it short PvP as it is right now is just not fun at all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 20:40:40 pm by Baharoth »

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 20:48:05 pm »

that rule with turret is not new. why this is a problem now?

I think not everybody understands it as it is right now. Just make it more understandable like i said.
- The Demonhunter is not allowed to use "Aid station" and "Guardian turret".
Because for using those 2...you need to camp inside them. Otherwise they don´t make sense. <--- Camping = Rule breaking. I would say, lets rework the rules a little bit, because Nofear found some mistakes in WD vs Barb too.
Then we also can look on what salty said about Wizz vs Rest..
A update of the rules is ok, because we are in good development right now.
Someday they will be great to play for the most players, ofc only if they now what they do.
It doesn´t make sense to run a season till the end with mistaked rules.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 20:53:50 pm by KNHO »
Pages: 1 [2]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.