• April 18, 2024, 03:23:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nostalgic thread - write down your Diablo story ;)  (Read 15714 times)

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgic thread - write down your Diablo story ;)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 16:48:27 pm »

Later then when d2 was released alot of time was spent on channel Sorceress Tower Europe, starting some pvping with greatly equipped guys, but it was really the sunrise of classic pvping so nothing extra came of it. Well later on I met guys on public games like Noz, Woogi, Egg, after pvp-viking, Jorrit who organized things. Funny thing is that most of my equip was begged from other famed EP duelers including Hagg etc. :) I spent only very little time trading or mfing but had access like to all wealthy accounts :)

Alizee anyone? :P

Then in 2003 or so Arnea was launched soI partially quitted b.net and we played there alot and after that I spent big time on blutmoor.de, private 09 pvp realm along with guys like blackman, raph, IMPala etc and then i discovered Angrenost 3 years ago or so :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 19:59:03 pm by saesa »

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 17:21:52 pm »

jup, the great begger  ;D and apparently very famous  8)
Alizee.... do you have contact with this mad frenchmen?

Arnea - I played there aswell! Nice private realm.
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 19:41:16 pm »

iL-Alizee? If I remember correctly he had shared accounts with Polish guy called Tom

Vik

• Imp
  • *pvpviking
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 19:23:08 pm »

god, alot of old ppl showing their faces again :) Wonder were this will lead :)

Any1 know about the old SU guys are up 2? I know that some of em are doing a powerlvling team but thats what i know so far :)
Vik-NW, pR-Vik

Vik#2999

MoSh

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »

Started with d2 around 2001-2002 with my lil bro and couple of friends mainly offline first. when I finally got inets we started pvm and by 2003/4 I managed to get into the PvP scene with a clan called TeG whom had made their own pvp league. It was here I first heard about Euro-pvp and started joining such tvts and getting to know the guys there. I'd just managed to get into EP before the massive change over come, before most of the oldschoolers left and before WoW was even in Beta production so for that I was thankful to meet some of the original best players D2 had seen! A year later or so I was playing with the likes of HF, TAV, Disu, Marco jorr, alex, IMP boys and even polskas, hi jas :P etc etc regardless of which character, although im sure ill mostly be remember for my Barpi and SelfAbuse rather than my sorcs Zavior. Other than PvP my second love was trading, I hated levelling but would happily sit on d2jsp and trade rooms for anyone!

Anyways, good to be back and see old faces again

B4ST4RD

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 20:02:18 pm »

Nostalgic thread, here I come ^^

In year 2000 I was 16 and got introduced to diablo 2 by a good rl-friend, time was easy and we pvmed with other rl friends, did some fun dueling and later on formed a pk-clan.
By nature I'm an curious person, so it was logical I grew my knowledge around d2, which was the reason I was member of plenty of d2 forums. I found out I could buy stuff in small forums with not so "value-safe-traders" and sell this stuff for huge amounts at AoW for example. This is how I got my first half decent pvp char to compete with other pvpers.

So I started to play duelliga 1n1 ladder and shortly afterwards was invited to the clan: Legit Ear Hunters after defeating one of their top necs @ 1n1 ladder (kaland). This all happened in my very first season @ DL. LEH brought me into serious pvp. Guys like Ghost, Kaland, Ziege, Rene, the amazon guy (Fragdieb was one of his ama's I think), and some others took care of me, introduced me to other oldschool guys, played Blutmoor Server with me etc. LEH was like a family, I didnt find anything similar up to date. Sadly most of them broke up or just quit with d2 when 1.10 and WOW came along.

Some months later I did join TC Clan, very friendly, accessible, fellow Austrians. We played many successful tours together and got close friends those days. Although we do live on the exact opposite of our country, we did manage to meet up 2 times and enjoy some wasted evenings. So I continued playing DL, joined AoW league, participated in tours, etc. and also was happy to join that (very first?) era of EuroPvp. I also was playing 1n1 ladder there, and even got into the playoffs in my 2nd season I think, but then got thrown out at home and had to cancel it due to no internet. Guys you won't believe, how hard it was to not play this match. Luckily me and my parents did get along with another after some months.

I shortly afterwards started studying, moved into another city and had freedom en masse. So I was able to moderate as assassin mod @aow/pr, did some community stuff like creating tournament winner pictures, do some community work and host some tournaments from time to time. I also had the honor to administrate AoW for a short time span.

Finally, after DL, blutmoor, AoW, PR, have died, I think EP#2 was the last community who was able to gather europe's pvpers. Those days, Spirals and Vik were administrators if I recall correctly, though I remember Spirals retired at some point. Anyway, those pvpers, who remained left at those difficult times, loved to be at EP#2, play some tours, chat, train, have fun. Great days of pleasure allthough member numbers were small.

Finnaly we hit the year 2008/2009 (unsure) where many people lost nearly all their stuff through that huge warden wipe. In my case it was a modified d2 language .dll file *lol* to play the game in english. For me, this was the point where I quit it. Years of work, gone. D2 duelers, gone.
Although I did stay in contact with some D2 guys after my quit, I never touched D2 again unless that 2 week lasting lvl 49 d2jsp excursion *cough* *trolololol*.

From there on I was waiting for the release of D3 just to get disappointed in late 2011, and additionally to get disappointed by the PVP content we get. It's 2012 now, I am 28 and posting my d2 history on a forum in the internetz ::)

TL;DR
Playing diablo 2 was fun and I met many nice people from all over Europe I had an AWESOME time with. I hope all those people will be back in d3. Love you guys.

Richi
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 20:07:04 pm by B4ST4RD »

Nemra

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 17:16:59 pm »

Hey all,

Some of you may remember me, some of you may not. I'm Dan and my story has mostly been along the lines of D2CL and PostReality/Euro-PvP on the account of *Energy where I played in D2CL as a nec in 1.09 under team ECS before I moved to GoTH, and then went on to freelance in PR/EP where I mostly played a sorc. Really looking forward to this community once D3 launches. =)

I expect AnsiXpk to be first to 60 on hardcore!
*Energy@Europe 1.09

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 13:28:54 pm »

Man, I gotta write mine aswell. Partly for myself just for the sake of remembering :D

So,
I had a 92 (91?) barb in classic before Lod came, with a shitty 303 lance I think. I lost my first account when I "saved" it by sending my account details to "Account.saver" through a green PM. oh yeah! I even cried I think. Well, I was 16. And no, that was not the barb, it was my Sir-Petre lvl 72 Paladin, who after defeating Diablo became Baron Sir Petre. ....

Lod came and bla bla bla, I got rich through the Charsi dupe and somewhere here I joined Euro-Pvp (which was postreality or Pvpeurope then? A channel somerwhere) through.... hmmm... LG-Frag(?) I think my account was ripped a couple of times, but not sure how many.

Then I played with the greatest player ever, Granen.

Then with ICE and his cat, the tank.

I played tournaments like crazy 2003-2005 I think. Dont remember exactly. I cant remember all the names of the people, they are/were many and I love them all hehe.

I also wrote the best Barbguide ever and acted as the best barb moderator ever, anyone who claims I didnt is wrong. Especially Maks who wrote one guide after me where he in both item and skill sector had solutions that gave better stats and tactics. No one can prove anything so lets just go with my truth and dont listen to other peoples theories.

I never found/crafted anything amazing, only got rich through trading. Never found GF or Windforce, buuhuuuu. I think I made myself a 29x/something 3 sock Col blade once, but that something was not better than 10 speed or so. I made some "ok" 10-11 leech rings in the 09 patch, but meh, nothing AMAZING there either.

Best experience? When I won 5-4 with 30 hp left against Miksan the Blizz fanatic in hmmm "someones" 1v1 tournament where all the good players came on one side of the bracket and the holder of the tournament came with all the bad ones on his side. HAHAHA. That match against miksan was the first round of the tourney...I dont recall his name though. Something with Fire? Dont know.

Ah well, hello again.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 13:35:24 pm by jointit »
Pages: 1 [2]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 17 queries.