• April 25, 2024, 13:47:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Decimation  (Read 20725 times)

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
Re: Decimation
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 09:05:13 am »

Yes, working like a charm and up to date.

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 19:15:55 pm »

since ive got no installed excel, is there any possibility someone could give me the dodge formula ?
especially the diminishing return part of dexterity. is this still datamined with these results:

or did you found any later informations by the last beta tests ?

source:
http://szaolin.blogspot.de/2012/02/zrecznosc-unik-test.html

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 02:03:15 am »

is this calculator working properly and is up to date? i'd like to put in on news

Yep!

since ive got no installed excel, is there any possibility someone could give me the dodge formula ?
especially the diminishing return part of dexterity. is this still datamined with these results:

Sure! Copy pasta from a friend of mine who looked into it.

Dex Range      Dodge% / Dex

0 -  100         0.1
 100 -  500         0.025
 500 - 1000         0.02
1000 - 8000         0.01

8000 Dexterity = 100% chance to dodge

And yes, currently the game appears to allow 100% dodge via dexterity, even if it's impossible to reach the levels required.

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:59 am »

How did you figured out the multiplier above 500 ? Or did a blue replied to a tc topic in the beta phase ?
Im very interessted in this tc part, since im planning to play a monk and dodge will be the core part for every proper build pve or pvp wise.
Well depends on the stats of inferno items, if we will be able to reach 100% dodge. Honestly i cant believe atm they didnt noticed a possibilty like this. 100% mitigation sounds actually extremly op.

thanks in advance for your informations
regards
gun

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 15:17:19 pm »

@GuN

The higher dexterity numbers were taken from the emulator.

And no class will of course ever reach 100% dodge, there is very likely a hard cap in case dodge values gets high.

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:43 am »

Version 5.3!

• Reduced dmg % included.
  • Fixed a missing hook for WMSw in the regular character sheet Damage box (had no impact on the actual combat table calculation).

Lolet

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
  • /etc/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 16:21:09 pm »

Finally i can test this :)

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 15:13:52 pm »

Version 5.4!

• Blocking information now fully provided!
  • Superstition implemented in the resistance tables as well for easy overlooking in the Res-Box.
  • Fixed a potential double-dipping of relative EHP.
  • Most huge numbers have been reduced to display in thousands rather than in actual size.
  • Total Relative Effective Life has been updated to include the outcome of the blocking, which means that it is dependant on the model swing. The model swing is currently set to 170k but you can edit it all you like.

What the last bullet point means is that if you change the model swing, the value of block will fluctuate. When the minimum block value is higher or equal to the incoming swing, block chance is another DR at a 1:1 ratio (40% block = 40% dr), beforehand it is at another ratio depending on what I call the average block-slip, or the damage that on average doesn't get blocked.

Another thing to remember is that if you're looking at items with increased block chance and comparing it to another item without block, the percentage difference that the relative effective life will show you is essentially depending on the model swing, if you increase the model swing the value of the block item will start to diminish. It is up to you to remember this!

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 18:08:19 pm »

Version 5.4.2!

• Fixed error with average block-slip when maximum block is capped and minimum block isn't (partial overblocking).

Now the spreadsheet treats partial overblocking as a ratio, which should improve the value of DR as you start to overblock at high block rolls (partial overblocking). In scenarios where your max block reduces the incoming swing to zero but your minimum block doesn't, the formula used is as follows:

0,5 * min Slip^2 / d Block

d Block - delta between max and min block of the shield
min Slip - the maximum incoming damage in minimum block cases
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 19:25:48 pm by Superstate »

Serated

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 04:27:34 am »

Is anyone else having the issue when they change/update weapon values the DPS breaks with '#NAME'.

Not sure if it's been posted/resolved yet, I've scoured the calc page looking for a way to fix it, with no avail.  It even happens on the stock download when you switch the weapons the main page breaks and DPS is unable to be calculated.

Is there a macro that needs to run the 120s duration of a fight to calculate the DPS that I'm not seeing a button for?  I used to run macro's for my rogue in wow and I had to run the test in order to see dps updates....what am I missing with this spreadsheet?

Thanks for the resource Super, once I get this kink worked out it's going to be a godsend.

-Serated

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:28 pm »

Is anyone else having the issue when they change/update weapon values the DPS breaks with '#NAME'.

Not sure if it's been posted/resolved yet, I've scoured the calc page looking for a way to fix it, with no avail.  It even happens on the stock download when you switch the weapons the main page breaks and DPS is unable to be calculated.

When I get #NAME errors it's because I've renamed an item while having it equipped. Resolving is either an Undo or if you've already saved it, a re-download of the spreadsheet. Let me know if this is what broke your sheet!

Is there a macro that needs to run the 120s duration of a fight to calculate the DPS that I'm not seeing a button for?  I used to run macro's for my rogue in wow and I had to run the test in order to see dps updates....what am I missing with this spreadsheet?

No, any changes made to stats or other mods such as passive talents and so forth automatically updates ~30k calculations. And remember that it doesn't need to be a 120 sec duration, or even time duration at all, you do have options for choosing target health instead.   :)

The macros in this spreadsheet are mainly to quicken up a boring task of manually adding a bunch of values for comparisons. For example, you have an SEP macro which essentially tries adding the chosen number of stats (there's a note explaining this in the spreadsheet) for one stat at a time, save the result, and re-run the calculations with another added stat. There's also a defensive equivalent to determine the value of defensive stats, although it is currently hidden!

Thanks for the resource Super, once I get this kink worked out it's going to be a godsend.

-Serated

Thank you! Hope you get it working and let me know if you still have #NAME issues even if you don't rename equipment you currently have equipped.

Edit: I should add that it's perfectly fine to change the affix values of an item while having it equipped, the spreadsheet doesn't like it when you try to rename it though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 13:04:54 pm by Superstate »

Serated

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 02:53:55 am »

When I get #NAME errors it's because I've renamed an item while having it equipped. Resolving is either an Undo or if you've already saved it, a re-download of the spreadsheet. Let me know if this is what broke your sheet!

---------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I should add that it's perfectly fine to change the affix values of an item while having it equipped, the spreadsheet doesn't like it when you try to rename it though.

So, When I open a brand new spreadsheet.. I'll change the weapon from what is currently is, to a DIFFERENT weapon and it breaks immediately..  Is the only option to keep the current weapon and just change the numbers..or? 

This is mainly the issue I was having, the sheet simply breaks when you try to adjust anything in the weapon slot.

I've tried setting the Weapon to "None", then picking a different weapon, picking the same default weapon it's still broken...

You don't have this issue Super?

EDIT:  I'm using Excel 2007, could this be the issue?  And if not, I can't change ANYTHING on the weapon slot (affix,name,dmg, etc) without it breaking the sheet.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:58:54 am by Serated »

Superstate

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 08:34:04 am »

EDIT:  I'm using Excel 2007, could this be the issue?  And if not, I can't change ANYTHING on the weapon slot (affix,name,dmg, etc) without it breaking the sheet.

That is very likely the issue! While 2007 can open .xlsm documents, it very likely can't run Decimation properly. Other people have reported in the past issues with 2007, and I've never had the errors you describe yourself (using 2010), so I guess using 2007 is out of the picture I'm afraid.
Pages: 1 [2]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 17 queries.