• April 26, 2024, 05:26:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Everyone played so... whatya think?  (Read 11608 times)

NUBNEC

• Honorary Member
  • Lucion
  • NUBNEC
    • View Profile
Everyone played so... whatya think?
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:48:06 am »

So ill start! Diablo 3 seems like very diferent than diablo2 - yeah really!
Skills are so "low" and " easier " than d2 ..- in d2 we were thinking how to make best barb with ww skills and here we are addind to all of them and what next?

for example wd has lowest inventory of skills pvp than barb - when we gonna make pvp/tvt rulz this will be much hardest than d2..

what more.. nice grap imo.

low inv - only 1 set , not 2 as d2.

hmm maybe thats all for right now? any more conclusions? maybe i have some bad sugestions about it than corect me if im wrong!

:o
pKu

Jonias

• Kabraxis
  • Ping Pong Lee Sin
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone played so... whatya think?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:37:02 pm »

Just played through the BETA with Demon Hunter, Just Awesome :D He is exactly what i want to play. Now I am going to try out Wizard.

NUBNEC

• Honorary Member
  • Lucion
  • NUBNEC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

ive played monk and wd
monk is a paladyn here and i dont feel it
anyway - hard to feel and of those character playing basic 1-2h max to get 10lvlmax hard and finish all q:/
so 60lvl with all skills can be a challenge and give more chances to FEEEEEEEEEL IT BABY

:o
pKu

Jonias

• Kabraxis
  • Ping Pong Lee Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:56:01 pm »

hehe, u can still play the campain from the begining or even play in public games you know, Skeleton King runs for gear, that is what i am doing right now :D cuz i wanna get lvl 13 and the best possible gear for my dh
edit: Btw add me Nubnec Jonias#2206

rSt

• Kabraxis
  • Five Hundred Fights
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 13:48:16 pm »

I must say I'm kinda dissapointed about wizard class. Doesn't really feel wizardish, lots of spells from d2 are missing, those crawling lightnings were always pissing me off, and now they're kinda "core spell" when it comes to wizard gameplay. I hope on higher levels, mana won't end so fast, but I don't think this will be my 1st char.

DH is awesome, I wasn't really convinced about this class, but now I must say it's fun to play. And it has GA, which works awesome in pve. Probably my 1st char.

Barbarian. Omfg, when I was playing wizard I lacked mana, when I was playing barb... well I was lacking mobs. When you get cleave, you don't want to stop killing.

Now it's time to test monk, omnomnom
A joke is a very serious thing.

Battletag: Rince#2675

ness

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 20:05:40 pm »

From the gameplay standpoint  it feels a bit like a console button masher the only thing that player should pay attention is resource pool (spirit, mana and so on).
Spam primary skill to boost that resource then unload secondary that spends it in the middle of a pack of mobs. But there are few really nice designed skills, that require a bit of 'skill' to use them efficiently (that monk's kick with first rune which work a bit like d2 ww).
Still there's just a few skill combos available now and it's just a beginning of normal so it's hard to tell how it's gonna look in the end game.
Imo it will turn out to be better later on.

What I don't like at all is lack of levels randomization at least in beta content.
For example in cathedral dungeons levels are always the same in terms of 'topography' only exits to next lvls are placed randomly.
Cathedral lvl 4. You are starting facing south-west then you gotta descend via stairs then go north-west.
No that such areas are bad by default (see arcane sanctuary in D2) but I hope there will be some more random dungeons later on.
Especially in the endgame.

All in all in terms of PVE gameplay it should be fine I guess, in PVP it might be even better (there will be no button mushing there).

What's certainly sucks is mood.
It feels like a game targeted for some 10 yr old kids.
It starts with char and objects design which is very 'torchlightish' -> I didn't like torchlight design at all, then it's the color palette.
And it's not that I don't like such design style at all, in Warcraft3 it was fitting and awesome there but that's not warcraft here. It should be more grayish, rotten and ruined not shiny and looking like a set of lego bricks.
I wonder why thay made it like that especially since they are (bliiz irvine I mean) capable of making a game with a bit heavier mood like starcraft 2.

On the other hand NPCs, conversations and quest design is a total joke.
It's filled with a pomposity (oh uh you are such a great warrior, help us plz!!), childlish conversations (I totally loled making that quest with that artisan forced to kill his wife) and totally generic npc design.
There's no single one NPC in new tristram like Ormus (D2 kurast) or Drognan (D2 lut gholein).

I might be biased because I started with monk who has probably some most cheesy conversations among all chars but still, they went too far in that.
It's gonna be rated M in US and 15/16 in Eu probably, there's no point in making conversations like it's a PEGI7.

uN_Dave

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 21:11:45 pm »

I only just found out about the beta entry about 3 hours ago... no idea how i missed it. Anyway! 74% and counting. Hopefully it will finish this decade and i will get the chance to play this evening, sounds good from what i read on here though.

Bednarz

• Iskatu
  • PeTnash i RYPY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 00:38:12 am »

well i was rly disappointed after my wd reached lvl 10 - this new "skill" system is rly weird and a lot of those "funny and cool" spells i read about few months ago are in the same "skill tree"(?) so i can't use them freely as i want. On the other hand the monk, despite my previous expectations of him, is very funny to play with - it will be definitely my main char. Demon Hunter on the other hand is boring as fuck - i almost felt asleep after 15 mins of shooting those arrows, not the style of gameplay i like the most. And remember monk does not simply walk into mordor...he teleport in like a boss
AFK TEAM

rSt

• Kabraxis
  • Five Hundred Fights
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 13:23:05 pm »

and a lot of those "funny and cool" spells i read about few months ago are in the same "skill tree"(?) so i can't use them freely as i want.
you can, open game settings, gameplay options, tick "elective mode", enjoy

Jonias

• Kabraxis
  • Ping Pong Lee Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 14:52:49 pm »

My point of view from the Diablo 3 Beta:
Demon Hunter 9/10
Barbarian 8/10
Witch Doctor 8/10
Wizard 5/10
Monk 6/10

budda-

• D3CL Operator
  • Ghom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 15:23:11 pm »

i think classes are fine, but no stats are bad, no skill tree is fine as it is i guess tho i liked to spent the points iam fine without them here.No runes dropable are bad, but i hope in patch theyll add runes like d2 ones so we can make items from them. And spell runes are hm, i was into idea when they were dropable now it seems not as it should be to me.Anyway game is fine

Bednarz

• Iskatu
  • PeTnash i RYPY
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 15:46:48 pm »

and a lot of those "funny and cool" spells i read about few months ago are in the same "skill tree"(?) so i can't use them freely as i want.

ye but it's still only 6 spells
AFK TEAM

rSt

• Kabraxis
  • Five Hundred Fights
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 16:34:38 pm »

ye but it's still only 6 spells
not trying to be an expert here, but iirc most d2 builds oscilated around the same amount of skills/spells usage

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 17:02:56 pm »

d2 builds yes - but WoW builds are (not expert here!) based on many many skills usable at the same time. That's a difference
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

zales22

• Rakanoth
  • SG Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 17:43:19 pm »

pff wow is mmo, u can't compare d3 and wow ...  and that kind of game is really static/boring 4 me, clicks on many skillz after cooldown <ZzZZZ>.
Pages: [1] 2

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 18 queries.