• April 24, 2024, 00:53:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Blue post on pvp  (Read 19181 times)

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
Blue post on pvp
« on: April 25, 2012, 10:35:38 am »

Comments for news http://www.d3cl.com/en/news/view/03/Blue-post-on-PvP.htm
--

Another blue commented on PvP, which we’ve been told will not be enabled upon launch, but will be added in at some later date. Most everyone who played the Arena demo at the last two Blizzcons loved it and can’t see any reason the devs don’t enable something much like the 2011 deathmatch demo, in the full game upon launch. As Blizzard hasn’t given any official explanation for the delay beyond a generic “more polishing,” there are two main fan theories:

1) Blizzard saw how much fans loved playing the Arena, realized the potential of the system, and they now want to launch it in a more balanced and polished form that they’ll gradually transition to an E-Sport.

source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-on-pvp-and-clvl-by-difficulty?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+diabloincgamers+%28Diablo+IncGamers+News+Feed%29

2) Blizzard doesn’t think D3′s PvP is noob-friendly or accessible enough and wants to put in more “gold star just for trying” WoW-style achievements.

Neither theory gets any support from Zarhym’s nonspecific comments today, which could have been presented 6, 12, or 18 months ago without a single word being changed.

We want PvP to be incredibly challenging and fun, but we want to avoid turning it into a truly competitive leagues/ladders eSport. We just don’t think Diablo gameplay is very conducive for that type of controlled environment where balance is paramount.

That said, we want to develop PvP as an engaging and rewarding system. What we don’t want to do is take a traditional eSports approach to PvP, where balance will become so important to a competitive ranking system that solo and cooperative gameplay feel a bit neutered as a result.

We want your characters to feel totally imba. Then we want you to enter some Arenas, send the scorched remains of other players’ corpses flying, and let the satisfaction wash over you — until your opponents take similar care of your hero, that is.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:45:44 pm by Mr.Mag »
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

Pat

• Rakanoth
  • Stay hungry, stay foolish| nC & HW
    • View Profile
Re: Blue post on pvp
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:10:40 am »

Yep, still I hope they'll add the possibility for custom duels. Btw, this is from Jay Wilson's Q&A:
Is the Arena you are developing a lot different from the one we saw at Blizzcon 2011? What about just regular field PvP and other PvP methods?
There are changes to the Arena compared to the blizzcon version but it won’t be too different. We excluded PVP simply because it was not ready and we are also preparing many other things. However it is hard to reveal that in such an early stage of development.
Developers don’t want Diablo 3 to be PvP centered game, what they believe is the game is more PvE co-op heavy.
Former Euro-PvP.net moderator & Euro-PvP.org founder/admin
                                          &

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:47 am »

Developers don’t want Diablo 3 to be PvP centered game, what they believe is the game is more PvE co-op heavy.

yeah, it's too expensive for blizzard. They would prefer to sell 100 million copies and then stop supporrting it. with 'living' pvp it wont be possible.

Mantas

• Kabraxis
  • ghost in the shell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:26:11 am »

It's obvious for me that they don't want situation from WoW, where every major patch thay have to do loads of balance between pvp and pve/pvm. Imo it's easier to devolop a game like D3 witheout serious pvp. If they ever create a game for pvp enviroment it will be sth like LoL with pvp purpose only.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Pat

• Rakanoth
  • Stay hungry, stay foolish| nC & HW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 11:34:49 am »

Tbh, I have nothing against that as long as they give us the option for custom duels and let us make the PvP balancing rules like in the old days.
Former Euro-PvP.net moderator & Euro-PvP.org founder/admin
                                          &

NUBNEC

• Honorary Member
  • Lucion
  • NUBNEC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:55:52 am »

It's obvious for me that they don't want situation from WoW, where every major patch thay have to do loads of balance between pvp and pve/pvm. Imo it's easier to devolop a game like D3 witheout serious pvp.

so it will be looks like d2, good? bad? mhM

:o
pKu

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »

Tbh, I have nothing against that as long as they give us the option for custom duels and let us make the PvP balancing rules like in the old days.

Yes  8)

But for D3CL it means that we have to let the community grow and become stronger to prepare ourselves in the meanwhile.

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:29 pm »

To be honest, sounds like expected for me.
No ranking system, no semi eSport feeling, no real battles, just a fun "arena" with silly achievment rewards.

They underestimate one thing, in my opinion. Items in Diablo2 has grown in worth and so is theire idea with the real money auction house, because of pvp build up a specific demand for those items. The profit will be a way under theire expectations, because of a missing or crippling pvp system.

Id say, Diablo3 needs a GuildWars2 PvP System. Let the community balance or set rules, its so fucking easy. But they prefer to rule the world, instead of having less work, with real pvp fun.

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 12:30:28 pm »

To be honest, sounds like expected for me.
No ranking system, no semi eSport feeling, no real battles, just a fun "arena" with silly achievment rewards.

They underestimate one thing, in my opinion. Items in Diablo2 has grown in worth and so is theire idea with the real money auction house, because of pvp build up a specific demand for those items. The profit will be a way under theire expectations, because of a missing or crippling pvp system.

Id say, Diablo3 needs a GuildWars2 PvP System. Let the community balance or set rules, its so fucking easy. But they prefer to rule the world, instead of having less work, with real pvp fun.

Indeed Gun; people are willing to invest money into their pvp characters... if there is no serious PvP system it will be a setback for blizzard.. and for us :)

Aslong as there is an arena were you can hostile we will manage our own pvp.

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 12:44:14 pm »

thats why ive said some days before, we need to write a good post in the official boards or reply to blues. i think it doesnt matter at all, if pvp will need another year to be implemented, as long as they realize they took actually the wrong turn.

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 13:06:10 pm »

Yes, if you don't write extended post(s) on b.net forums about private arenas, you can scrap d3cl because it will be worthless.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 13:18:14 pm »

most of players already did it but they know better... thats the problem. anyway I believe blizz wont fcuk it up. if they want to add pvp later, there must be a serious reason. i hope it'll be a random pvp arena
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 13:21:11 pm by Mr.Mag »

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 13:21:11 pm »

I think it really needs to be a reasoned message. With links to PCL etc. So that Blizzard can reply. Not just random post. They should realize that they don't know better.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 13:23:57 pm »

hmm ok, i like this idea. it'll be a great promotion to us as well

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 14:05:28 pm »

I've been active on official BN forums for quite some time and honestly, expect a shitload of flame from Blizzard fanboys if you want to emphasize the role of PvP. Blues should notice that though.
Pages: [1] 2 3

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.