• March 28, 2024, 16:52:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Any pre-release builds you'd like to share?  (Read 12911 times)

rSt

• Kabraxis
  • Five Hundred Fights
    • View Profile
Any pre-release builds you'd like to share?
« on: May 06, 2012, 21:53:34 pm »

So I'm playing with official calc for wizard and as it turns out - 6 skills is waaaay too little (yeah, cpt. obvious already called me). Anyway most builds for wizards I've seen around the web usually have: desintegrate ray and archon or they're some weird variations of "melee wizard" and whatnot. So what about this idea:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#elYQUg!ZWX!ZbYZYZ

The idea is something like this:
perfect world: you see a group of 5+ mobs, teleport to them, cast frost nova, gain some range (maybe you'll be able to squeeze another teleport using wormhole rune, but it requires GCDs shorter than 1s, and good latency) cast blizzard number 1 with increased chance to crit from frost nova. I also assume that blizzard applies chill effect on mobs (that's why I chose cold blooded passive skill). Mobs surely survive that, start walking towards you. Cast time-bubble, another blizzard, start spamming electrocutes, hopefully, when mobs reach you, frost nova is up. And for 3 and less monsters you use Arcane Torrent. This death blossom rune gives you such dmg boost that I will at least try to learn how to handle this spell runed this way. Build has also very strong (imo) defensive abilities - double teleport, frost nova + slow time. Now, I'm not saying it's the best idea ever, and everyone should play it - just a way to start the topic. So, why this build is bad and what better build you've got?

edit: seems like blizzard doesn't apply 'chilled' effect - runed meteor however does that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 13:05:37 pm by rSt »
A joke is a very serious thing.

Battletag: Rince#2675

Lolet

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
  • /etc/
    • View Profile
Re: Any pre-release builds you'd like to share?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 15:34:33 pm »

I think you picked too many defensive skills. You want to stop monsters by Frost Nova and Slow Time simultaneously? I'd change Slow Time or Frost of Nova to one of shields, and if you're going to play in co-op, Teleport may be not the best choice, cause you'll be just staying at the back and spam from safe position, so I'd go in Familiar or Magic Weapon /w Blood Magic

rSt

• Kabraxis
  • Five Hundred Fights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 17:44:49 pm »

well all those builds, including mine above are done based on pure theory and predictions. The idea behind this build is to get hit by monsters only in very rare occasions. Frozen mobs (with frost nova) are released from freeze after being hit, FN gives you: a) increased crit change b) nice opening c) another "ohshitwtf" button when you're about to be overwhelmed. If GCDs will allow you to squeeze such sequence: teleport > frost nova > teleport (maybe it's doable 'out of the box', maybe you need some items with FCR, maybe it's impossible to do at all, i don't know) then almost always you'll have the previllige of opening on pack of mobs > gain distance in less than 3 seconds. First meteor (as blizzard doesn't apply chill effect) with comet rune shows up, mobs get +20% dmg, and are being slowed, another meteor falls from the sky, mobs are just in range so you can pop slow time (if they have ranged attacks, you already popped it), another meteor, finish the ones that survived with electrocutes/arcane torrents.

as for tele in co-op:
if this build actually will work out, and you'll be spamming meteors from the back, then you've got some time to pick health orbs by teleporting to them, and let melee classes do their job without the need to collect them (+you've got power hungry passive which makes health orbs great arcane power source). For co-op I would probably trade FN for blizzard, or hydras. That way, you cast dot aoe spells (blizz + meteor), pick health orb, get your mana back, spam them again, melees make sure you're not bothered too much with direct dmg, and you move on to the next pack.

inb4: this is just theorycrafting based on forums/gossips/promo videos, so let's not assume it will work as planned.
A joke is a very serious thing.

Battletag: Rince#2675

Jamie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 22:54:59 pm »

This is my idea so far: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acQkTm!aWf!YbZYZa

Any suggestions/feedback welcome as i've not checked massively into how d3 works yet, just read the skills tbh :/
Before you moan about lag, try living with a third world internet connection:

Szola_

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 22:59:11 pm »

Cool Blooded passive skill is inappropriate cause you won't use any cold skill as I see.

Jamie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 23:01:58 pm »

Cool Blooded passive skill is inappropriate cause you won't use any cold skill as I see.

meteor with comet would make it cold damage instead

just seen orb is arcane damage and not cold, shows how much attention im paying :L

Szola_

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 23:09:04 pm »

Yep, I didn't check the rune system, however mby You should try Astral Presence instead of Cool Blooded because of huge cost of arcane by using arcane orb.

Jamie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 22:03:00 pm »

Yep, I didn't check the rune system, however mby You should try Astral Presence instead of Cool Blooded because of huge cost of arcane by using arcane orb.

Have just changed that, I could also change the rune in orb to "tap the source" so it only costs 20 arcane each time, but I already have magic missile with attunement to get +4 arcane each hit also?

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 23:20:27 pm »

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 18 queries.