• April 29, 2024, 17:10:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: End of hopes for private pvp games?  (Read 6977 times)

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
End of hopes for private pvp games?
« on: April 27, 2012, 14:18:40 pm »

"FMulder sends word that Jay Wilson has now traveled down to Taiwan and, still looking fresh-faced for a globe-trotter, he attended a press conference.

As you’ve seen with previous translations they move from amusing to infuriating to read so instead of simply pasting the translation, I’ve picked out the portions I could decipher and hopefully made them more coherent.

It’s mostly a recap but it’s worth repeating the bullet points below.  Three articles from that event are translated in full and the links to those are at the end of the news item.

The DiabloWikiPvP system is still in a period of change and there is no definite schedule for its launch but the PvP system will be a completely open game mode. However, skills in their nature will remain the same, such as damage output, stun period, for example, may be reduced in PvP.
    Nothing specific has been decided regarding public testing of the PvP mode but do not rule out a similar system to World of Warcraft’s Patch Test Realm (PTR).
    It is hoped PvP mode will be in the game by the end of 2012.
    In PvE mode there will be no means to kill other players as that ruins the fun of the game.
    If demand is high they will consider having a Chinese interface with English audio.
    The expansion pack will provide new places, equipment and increase the difficulty but there will and there *might* not be an increase to the level cap. (Updated with better translation info.)
    There will be no ladder in Diablo 3.
    Skills should be similar as they are in the beta, possibly minor fine tuning will only be required.
    Character customization was a little more elaborate to begin with. Initially 8 or 9 hair and beard colours were designed for the Barbarian but once in game it made such a tiny difference and when wearing a helmet the differences could not be seen at all so they decided against this level of customisation.
    DiabloWikiDyes will allow you to customise your equipment. An invisible dye on body armour will make your character look as if they do not have body armor on.
    The third artisan (DiabloWikiMystic) will return (possibly in an xpack) but her role will be useful.
    The interface will not change but possibly minor tweaks.
    Jay has not beaten DiabloWikiinferno difficulty, as a solo player or in a 4-player multiplayer game
    If a player was to read the lore, interact with the environment, access 80% of the game content then you are looking at 15-20 to complete normal difficult.

If anyone managed to pick more out of any of the three articles please feel free to drop them in the comments below.  Having picked the bones out of those three I wish I had a wind tunnel handy to clear my head. Spaghetti brain!"

source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/jay-wilson-taiwan-press-conference

rSt

• Kabraxis
  • Five Hundred Fights
    • View Profile
Re: End of hopes for private pvp games?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 14:25:48 pm »

there is no definite schedule for its launch but the PvP system will be a completely open game mode. However, skills in their nature will remain the same, such as damage output, stun period, for example, may be reduced in PvP.
depends on what he meant by "open game mode". If you can create "arena game", and set something like "only friends can join" (like in pve games) then you're half way there. If there would be spectator mode as well, then I don't see anything else needed for d3cl tournaments
A joke is a very serious thing.

Battletag: Rince#2675

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 14:59:06 pm »

pvp mode at the end of 2012 is quite late :/ Fortunately this is only a pure speculation as everything related to pvp

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:09:36 am »

It is hoped PvP mode will be in the game by the end of 2012.

B4ST4RD

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:00:55 pm »

PvP Hoped to be Added 'Way' Before the End of the Year
Jay Wilson replied to some concerns on the translation of his PvP statement at the TW press conference. He made it clear that he hopes to get PvP added to Diablo III 'way' before the end of the year!

Originally Posted by Jay Wilson
Just read no arenas till ~2013 for DIII?! Surely this is just slander, as waiting a half a year for arena's is outrageous...
pure slander (Source)

It came from a translation from an interview you did recently. It basically says that you said "before 2013".
before 2013 is what I said. I also said I hoped it was 'way' before the end of the year. (Source)

source:diablofans.com

Karolus

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:08 am »

Here we have some info about PvP provided by Bashiok:
http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/221827-no-no-plans-for-duels-outrage/

most important:
We're open to the idea of custom PvP matches, which would allow for duels in the arenas. There are a lot of decisions before we can get there, but on the design philosophy front we don't have anything against practice duels or other custom matches (1v4?), as long as they can't be used for progression. It'll just come down to implementation and what we're able to pull off in a timely manner.

and:
There won't be ladders or leagues, we have no intent to expose team ratings, and very likely nothing besides a win/loss record to track performance etc. etc. etc.

NUBNEC

• Honorary Member
  • Lucion
  • NUBNEC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:43:49 am »

@ d2 they didnt got idea about pvp
now thay have but in the future - we dont care
we're gonna always play!

:o
pKu

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:00:32 am »

if i understood it clearly thats a good news :)

torgoch

• Rakanoth
  • ME KOREAZZANGBABA ZZANG!!!!!! ME WHIRL!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:28:18 am »

it seems so,we realy dont need nothing more^^

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 10:38:00 am »

i've put it to portal news. it's very important. Thx Kar :)

Garn

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 00:23:00 am »

C u next year... :'(

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 18 queries.