• April 18, 2024, 16:57:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New PC and wont progress past agreement ifor install  (Read 5719 times)

Jamie

• Imp
    • View Profile
New PC and wont progress past agreement ifor install
« on: May 17, 2012, 21:03:33 pm »

So i've just bought a new PC using win 7, set up as before and now it won't get past the agreement to progress further into the install. I have already installed on my laptop so xfered it onto the new pc and that then won't progress any further on the update for game launcher.

So far I'm running it in admin mode, have restarted PC and am currently downloading game setup once again (1 hour wasted because the internet speed here is a joke, 50-60kbps d/l speed). Anyone encountered this or got any ideas? I've googled it and so far the suggestions aren't any good to me

Thanks. :/
Before you moan about lag, try living with a third world internet connection:

Jamie

• Imp
    • View Profile
Re: New PC and wont progress past agreement ifor install
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 21:33:18 pm »

Now fixed, anyone else gets this problem there's about 7 different things you may need to do . For me I had to replace the battle.net file  in c:/data to the one I had from previous installl (one that worked) and it sorted it.

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 21:43:57 pm »

could you list the other solutions you tried? maybe someone else will find them useful

Jamie

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 21:53:37 pm »

Sure, these are the suggestions I found trawling bnet forums, and in no particular order:

Make sure you're running in admin mode, or run the install in admin mode via right click properties

Make sure that secondary login is not disabled: Control Panel > Security > Admin Tools >  Services > Secondary Login > Properties
Then Disabled to Automatic

Run task manager and stop the agent.exe program (i found it only runs once you establish the instalation process after the agreement is done)

Restart PC

Change the install location from program files x86 to program files

Update Graphics driver (only needed for once it's fully installed in order to play it, but you might aswell get it over and done with)

Make sure you're using the corrent service pack (XP will need SP3 for example)

I've forgotten a few but you can find them with a good bit of googling. :)

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 21:57:40 pm »

thanks for this, surely if someone else will need some more detailed answers he will google them, but still your post is a good point to start with

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.