• March 28, 2024, 11:22:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Hi diablo 3 clan league :)  (Read 70464 times)

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
Re: Hi diablo 3 clan league :)
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 17:37:18 pm »

Just to clarify: what Pat writes is true   ;) - time is the only real killer!
Don't confuse him with pvpviking who also is named pat/patrick.

/e
and share your ideas, interesting to hear
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 17:39:16 pm by Spirals »
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 18:21:11 pm »

Well actually we cant really share idea´s about a pvp board. I would love to, but we cant. So by now its all about the gameplay and classes. Or in other words, create a place to meet up and promote this place.
Blizzard learned so much with World of Warcraft as you can see at the official side. You have a skill and rune calculator, all items, patterns, plans, gems and whatever, everything is named and implemented. In the beginning of the beta, i was calculating statweights and stat mathematics. Forget about it, most of them have a linear function. Stats are designed for a 6years old atm. Even the upgrade cost of the blacksmith are calculated by blizzard. Im happy and at the same time empty, theres not much to do ^^
So PvP ? What do you know about it ? Nothing has shown up in the beta, nothing was really stated by blizzard. When dont know anything about the desing, neigther we dont know anything when we will have PvP implemented in the game. The last interviews with Bashiok sound more like "Look how casual I am". Im really aware about this part of the game. What if we will have a "I found this cool Sword, lets kill some Guys in the Arena" -version ? Without any effort, except a banner noboby is really noticing.
Not that i want to sound like a pessimist, but we should definatly face the fact, D3 will be a waaaaay different compared to D2. There wont be any community who create specific rules. No selfmade tournaments. In the best scenario we will find a WoW like Arena-system with public rankings. This would be also cool, but thats definatly the best case of all.

B4ST4RD

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 19:23:59 pm »

Don't be so pessimistic gun, we can hope at least. And if there is a positive sign at the horizont in regards of pvp awesomeness, we, the former DII pvp community (in europe) should establish and profit of it (in europe). A sophisticated plan is key, I think.

Also wow rated arena wasn't explicitly a bad experience, it can succeed, it just doesn't/didn't work out in within the flawed mechanics/environment of wow.

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 19:32:55 pm »

Your words have a valid point gunja but I think it would be wise to consider and work out the options which could be put before us by Blizzard so that when we actually know which global way it's going to take we can polish and expand a possible route. Richi (that was your name right?  :-[) sees it like me: being prepared by knowing a global take on the options and thus being able to anticipate and build.

Even if Blizzard chews it out for us, we still control the char and if Blizzard can manage to make pvp a good and satisfactory event - it would be very easy for us! Let them do the work.

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 19:37:26 pm »

Gun, youre writing very dark scenario, but imo we simply need custom arenas or other place where anyone can duel anyone. And with that we can think about sth more than just happy random duels. Hopefully, we will have big community, decent website & forums and maybe some sponsors like PCL used to have in D2. With all that we might manage to do sth big on pvp ground ;)

P.s. And if not, im looking forward to play with You on hardcore once again, d3 this time ;)

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 23:24:20 pm »

e.g. latest post by bashiok (09.03.2012)
While we work on making sure PvP lives up to its full potential, we hope youll find some consolation in the fact that soon, youll be having a blast leveling characters, finding items, learning the classes, and perfecting builds and that when the Arenas do arrive, youll be all the better prepared for battle.

When the PvP patch is ultimately ready, it will add multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements, and a matchmaking system that will help you and your team get into fairly matched games quickly and easily. Well also be adding a personal progression system that will reward you for successfully bashing in the other teams skulls.

We know a lot of you are looking forward to PvP, and well be focusing our post-launch efforts on making sure the Arenas are as brutal, bloody, fast-paced, and awesome as we know they can be.
[/color]

so actually we can asure its definatly:
- arena system (like wow)
- matchmaking system (like wow)

The question would be by now, hows the personal progression system working and will we have public ladders.

Meanwhile, what you think about posting at the official forum some of our wishes pvp-wise ? I mean, if we have a good feedback, why wont we have a chance to give a good influence for the game ? This is something we could work on, imo.

@Rogh
Definatly, i wont play hardcore in the beginning ^^ Did you saw the vid of the 2011 blizzcon of inferno mode ?

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 23:56:52 pm »

Posting on the d3 feedback for pvp is actually a point which I considered
Earlier on I decided against it because I felt 'lonely' in a board which is not inhabited by people who would listen and would take the discussion to places I wouldn't want it go - I believed that it would harm the cause more. But maybe now is the time to come up with important points for us.

Speaking on behalf of a big and active userbase with clear definitions and such would stand much more of a chance to get anywhere. For that to work we will need to define what will be important for us & where we stand for & who will represent us...  :)
but, and that should be taken up as constructive feedback: we need more active members - on our history alone we will not have enough 'authority' - but combined with a userbase of say 1k active people you will be considered a big player.

question: d2jsp is the center of the current d2 world - did you guys contact d2jsp about advertising / making the site known or do you have any other decisions there?

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 00:01:54 am »

d2jsp will probably delete our advertisment as they did in the past. maybe if we ask for, they won't do that. But first we have to finish portal. Layout is ready now so I think it takes about 2 weeks for offcial start.

Pat

• Rakanoth
  • Stay hungry, stay foolish| nC & HW
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 00:03:06 am »

Well yes Gun, I also think that the arena/matchmaking system will be like/very similar to that one in WoW BUT I also believe (tbh I'm quite sure about that) Blizzard will add the option to play custom 1vs1 duels and maybe custom tvt matches as well - pretty much like in WoW, where both players need to accept the duel before it actually begins. That would be the perfect solution for Blizzard to also avoid the situation where pure RP/PvE players whine about PKs.
As for the posting on the official eu.battle.net/diablo forums (like diablofans.com etc.)- of course we do plan to do so in the upcoming week(s). We'll also use our official D3CL twitter's profile to ask Bashiok/Diablo3Official directly about different aspects/mechanics of the game that interest/bother us both as players and the whole D3CL community. Moreover, we want to set up our FB fanpage and we have also many other interesting ideas coming to life soon :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 00:07:21 am by Pat »
Former Euro-PvP.net moderator & Euro-PvP.org founder/admin
                                          &

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 11:11:49 am »

As an advice, dont post anything on europes official forums. Thats like talking with a group of apes, unseen and unheared. US Beta forums or directly via Twitter as you said.
Where did you read about custom PvP matchups ? Did i missed the blue or this just a personal feeling, Pat ?
And as a side, personally i am a fan of the WoW Arena System. Its way more professional and better then D2 selfmade PvP areas.

Pat

• Rakanoth
  • Stay hungry, stay foolish| nC & HW
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:57 am »

Our main focus will be on Twitter/FB fanpage. As for custom PvP matchups - tbh that's my personal opinion and belief especially when we talk about 1vs1 duels. Yes you're right Gun, I've been playing WoW since the release day and I really like the concept of arena system too. Therefore I think we'll be able to play at least 1vs1 custom duels in addition to the ready-made arena system.

P.S. I hope Bashiok will answer my question about possible custom duels soon.
Former Euro-PvP.net moderator & Euro-PvP.org founder/admin
                                          &

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 16:32:01 pm »

This would be a dream, if duels are customizable. I think they dont want to be pushed into the "eSport" section. Its a fun game and they fear of a balancing problem. Thats how i understand them. Customization would solve alot of things for them. GuildWars2 implemented this feature and im sure this is the right direction for non eSport games, to create a powerful playerbase.

Can you link your personal topics so far ?

Hamer

• D3CL Operator
  • Rakanoth
  • GoTH
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 19:24:39 pm »

obviously now we may only guess what Blizzard might do. nevertheless, if pvp match-ups are possible, we will try to figure out how to implement them in our systems

bud

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 02:34:55 am »

welcome aboard kingdom sailor

Vik

• Imp
  • *pvpviking
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 16:45:00 pm »

Wow, nice to see some parts of the old euro-pvp community and other are still active. Not sure who the hell I found my way here but might aswell say hello! :)

Totally cool that there are some nice ideas out there, looking forward to see if they become reality :D

For those of you that do not know me:

I'm vik, played D2 for well prolly to long.
I was co-administrator of many of the old europvp communities such as postreality, euro-pvp and so on.
Looking forward to see you all again ingame again!
Vik-NW, pR-Vik

Vik#2999
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 18 queries.