• April 26, 2024, 16:52:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what do ya think about pvp in d3  (Read 19138 times)

killa

• Imp
  • shit happens
    • View Profile
what do ya think about pvp in d3
« on: March 18, 2012, 15:52:14 pm »

Just to start some discussion on international subforum.

What do you think about pvp in the game and what style of PVP do you prefer?

Personally I'm a bit afraid of arena idea, looks like it's just copied from WoW, much different from pvp we'd been playing in d2/ar for many years. A very little map looks like just one box in d2, and I really can't see playing 3v3 on such a little space. If arena is going to be fail, will we be able to just make non-PVP game and play tvt, let's say in the first act  like we used to play in d2?, can anyone who got beta confirm that?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 15:54:59 pm by killa »

FeN

• Administrator
  • Cydaea
    • View Profile
    • D3CL
Re: what do ya think about pvp in d3
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 16:46:27 pm »

from what i know we will not able to give other players hostile at normal games. so dsnt matter if arena will be fail or not, we are forced to play on it. 2nd thought, blizzard seems to not care about pvp and its possible there will be missing custom arena games :/

saesa

• Kabraxis
  • HEHE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 18:39:15 pm »

Arena Deathmatch is very poor. If they keep it, we gotta play like we did in d2, with last man standing style. So when guy from team dies, he just spawns somewhere and has to go outside of battlefield, to the corners and wait until the round is over.

But as you see, it's pretty dumb solution and keeps things tricky.

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 19:29:51 pm »

yeah it really sucks. i hope dozens of newcomers will not try to force quakestyle ;)

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 20:36:18 pm »

new forum option test :)

Jubb

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 21:44:56 pm »

i hate how d3 has removed the ability to hostile and pvp ingame, arena pvp with a max 2v2 seems like it would get boring

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 21:52:18 pm »

hope it's just a try-on to pvp and in final version blizz won't fail. i remember demo of d2. it was crap too ;)

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 22:00:53 pm »

i hate how d3 has removed the ability to hostile and pvp ingame, arena pvp with a max 2v2 seems like it would get boring

Pvp arenas might stand till final version, but im sure that it will be bigger than 2v2.

B4ST4RD

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 00:04:03 am »

I like the arena style of d3, althought bloodmoore style was cool too. But the opposed team cant lame like a 09 tvt ama team, hopping cubes like crazy.
So if I wanna kill you, I will kill you :D
Ofcourse team death match is not the best option, I think we all agree, but maybe they add in LMS at a later point of time. Besides matchmaking there should be custom games, if not, we can't play own tours/leagues and I doubt blizzard will host tournaments.

What else sucks?
- Those damn hitpoint refilling globes which spawn in the middle of the map. Feels very casual, like arena wasn't designed to be a blood drenched playground at all.
- no pvp ladder
- no pking, one of the best features d2 had

What looks good?
- those vids look like pvp is gonna be massively fun
- being able to play different builds without re-leveling your character
- items seem diverse and affixes seem very differently spread on them, the hunt for the best possible equip gonna take years, it seems -> longevity

Let's hope, they redesign those things to the better in the extra time they took.

my 2 cents

FeN

• Administrator
  • Cydaea
    • View Profile
    • D3CL
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 00:20:57 am »

I like the arena style of d3, althought bloodmoore style was cool too. But the opposed team cant lame like a 09 tvt ama team, hopping cubes like crazy.
So if I wanna kill you, I will kill you :D
Ofcourse team death match is not the best option, I think we all agree, but maybe they add in LMS at a later point of time. Besides matchmaking there should be custom games, if not, we can't play own tours/leagues and I doubt blizzard will host tournaments.

What else sucks?
- Those damn hitpoint refilling globes which spawn in the middle of the map. Feels very casual, like arena wasn't designed to be a blood drenched playground at all.
- no pvp ladder
- no pking, one of the best features d2 had

What looks good?
- those vids look like pvp is gonna be massively fun
- being able to play different builds without re-leveling your character
- items seem diverse and affixes seem very differently spread on them, the hunt for the best possible equip gonna take years, it seems -> longevity

Let's hope, they redesign those things to the better in the extra time they took.

my 2 cents

well i agree with u, but one thing about those spawing hp potions. i think its good idea, why ? basicly if there will be spawning points for this stuff u will have to control it. tactis like camping, running away around croners and spaming skills will be pointless. imo it can give some nice dynamic to battles, cuz at some point u will have to fight to control map, not only camp and wank :P

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 00:24:07 am »

Yeah, random potions on battlefield sucks real hard, but there is a hope that in custom games, if there will be one, it will be possible to tick it off.

Lack of pk sucks even harder, because blizzard staff in interviews was strictly against it right from the beggining. So i guess hc will be pvm only ;(

Fen, those maps from gameplays were so small, that i wouldnt use term "map controlling". Picking up potions was all just luck imho.

FeN

• Administrator
  • Cydaea
    • View Profile
    • D3CL
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 00:30:33 am »

Those fights was just some random crap, at some higher lvl of pvping players will know how to use it ;)
ofc, i can be totaly wrong, but still i remember those long fights from d2 when two camping teams was facing each other and one round last zylions hours until someone died randomly from iga or other bullshit :D i prefer more dynamic even if that means those spawing hp potions.

AsaroV

• Rakanoth
  • Nec playah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 14:05:50 pm »

Arenas will be better for tours but lower for pub games :(
btw i think that there wont be only deathmatch type (:

budda-

• D3CL Operator
  • Ghom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 14:43:07 pm »

The balancing will look a bit different now since every skill is scaled based on weapon damage.So the damage of skills is equal for each class.

killa

• Imp
  • shit happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 14:43:45 pm »

btw i think that there wont be only deathmatch type (:
sth like capture the flag pls  8) it'd be great
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 14:45:19 pm by killa »
Pages: [1] 2

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 18 queries.