• March 19, 2024, 05:28:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Blue post on pvp  (Read 17946 times)

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
Re: Blue post on pvp
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 21:57:56 pm »

We know that they are not aiming to make it 'balanced' and 'e-sport ready'. And it's not gonna change. Period. Be serious.
They are multi-billion $ company not some indie 5 ppl team developer.
True. That is why imho serious petition will be better than simple topic on their board. Besides, that was just an idea off the top of my head. Doesn't matter if you've been making Diablo tournaments longer than most Blizzard workers are emplyed in the company - everyone can make a simple topic on board. This is not the way you do serious business.

Ofc, not that we are any serious partner for Blizzard, but still, we are EUROPEAN league and we represent thousands of players. If you want to influence them, forums is not the right way.

Probably because they are still far from finishing it/they are considering their options, nothing is set in stone as of now.
They are finishing what? As you said, D3 will not be e-sport oriented. So what are they working on right now? Matchmaking? Please... The only explaination of their stupidity is that Blizzard is really trying to change Arenas into something serious. Maybe not really e-sport, but at least spectators or replays.

Cool down, ask on bnet forums, wait for some reply then depending on reply or lack of thereof think about other options.
Reply from who? Blizz employees? They won't reveal anything, you know that. And I wouldn't really take into serious consideration fanboys on BN forums. People there scarcely have any idea about PvP.

ness

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 00:07:33 am »

True. That is why imho serious petition will be better than simple topic on their board. Besides, that was just an idea off the top of my head. Doesn't matter if you've been making Diablo tournaments longer than most Blizzard workers are emplyed in the company - everyone can make a simple topic on board. This is not the way you do serious business.
What kind serious business? And with whom? o_O
No one there gives a singe fuck about any kind of petition signed by a bunch of randoms (mostly from eastern europe to spice things up) as we/you are.
Damn, it's so obvious and trivial that I wonder why I should explain that.

Ofc, not that we are any serious partner for Blizzard, but still, we are EUROPEAN league and we represent thousands of players. If you want to influence them, forums is not the right way.
You represent yourself and those ~100 ppl here on forum at best. You know that and they know that.
Claiming that 'there's a thousand players demanding that' won't work because it's not true.
If it was then bnet forums would be flooded with such threads. It's not.

But let's even assume that they are thousands european pvpers demanding/expecting something.
It's still states like a 0.05-0.1% of D3 playerbase if not less. It's so marginal that they could just ignore it. Most 'those thousands' will buy this game anyway and even if they start to whine their voice won't be heard. Simple digits.
I could imagine that 0.1% of playerbase would like to see pink unicorns as mobs instead of all those zombies and deamons.

Realistically.
If you want to gain anything you gotta get some popular vote.
How to achieve that?
You need to sell that as an issue that would hurt 'casual' player.
Pretty much nobody cares about "serious pvp" in diablo games.
We know the reasons but that's a fact as of now.
But there are a lot ppl who would like to 'duel' casually.
How to convince/persuade them (in this case for custom games)?

"Dear Blue
I'm a big diablo series fan. I love smashing mobs and doing boss runs.
But sometimes I like to fight with/vs my friends.
Will I be able to that in D3? I hope it will be possible."

Something like that. 100 threads like that and maybe someone from blizz will respond someday.
Casuals whining -> win -> SC2 chat channels outrage.

They are finishing what? As you said, D3 will not be e-sport oriented. So what are they working on right now? Matchmaking? Please... The only explaination of their stupidity is that Blizzard is really trying to change Arenas into something serious. Maybe not really e-sport, but at least spectators or replays.
And why do you think that arenas will be only about duels/deathmatch/team deathmatch?
Maybe they are developing other modes now. Ctf or some kind of domination.
How can you tell?
My friends' uncle works in blizzard answer does not count...
You can't. You think you know but you don't know anything.
It's only your wishful thinking.
So that's only your assumption that they postponed pvp because they want to make it more competitive.
And such assumption is complete against their statements where they said they don't want to make it like that.
What's the obvious option left then?
To make it more casual friendly, more accessible, more diversified or something like that.

Sending any kind of petition/letter based on such assumption and claiming that 'we are many' and 'we want this and that' is just a waste of time at best, or even great way of making ourself look like a fools/retards who can't comprehend simple statements.
It's just juvenile approach.

Reply from who? Blizz employees? They won't reveal anything, you know that. And I wouldn't really take into serious consideration fanboys on BN forums. People there scarcely have any idea about PvP.
So if you think that they won't respond on forums to whole community there's even less chance that they will respond to some limited number of ppl asking directly.
Besides.
I wrote that in previous post.
They are huge global company.
When you deal with such company you gotta follow a rules that they set.
You won't be able to speak with higher ups just because you want to, you won't get any kind of information before it is released to public because you feel that you deserve that because you are so awesome (pvper of anybody else).
They got PR guys who filter all info that is released outside. When a blizz employee gives an interview there's always PR guy nearby who is keeping an eye on him.
It works like that because - they can't risk any kind of leak of info that would help a competition and they can't release any info dealing with their internal matter to limited group of ppl because they are listed company.
If you think that you can evade that then you are naive man and you are wasting your time.

EOT from me on this.

Ajantis

• Administrator
  • Lucion
  • Mydło wszystko umyje
    • View Profile
    • War Masters
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 01:21:16 am »

No one there gives a singe fuck about any kind of petition signed by a bunch of randoms (mostly from eastern europe to spice things up) as we/you are.
Damn, it's so obvious and trivial that I wonder why I should explain that.
What I find funny about your comment is that you try to convince me that making topic on board is stronger than trying to use alternative ways.

You represent yourself and those ~100 ppl here on forum at best. You know that and they know that.
Claiming that 'there's a thousand players demanding that' won't work because it's not true.
If it was then bnet forums would be flooded with such threads. It's not.
You're funny, dude :) Ever noticed how many players did play in D2 tournaments? The number of users registered or active on this board doesn't mean a thing. D3CL is a new organization, D3 is not out yet, ppl are coming back and will be coming back for the next few months at least.
Funny, I should explain that to you :)

But let's even assume that they are thousands european pvpers demanding/expecting something.
It's still states like a 0.05-0.1% of D3 playerbase if not less. It's so marginal that they could just ignore it. Most 'those thousands' will buy this game anyway and even if they start to whine their voice won't be heard. Simple digits.
I could imagine that 0.1% of playerbase would like to see pink unicorns as mobs instead of all those zombies and deamons.
So you assume that 0.1% of D3 players will play PvP. Risky statement based on pointless assumptions imho :) I am surprised I even reply to that ^^

"Dear Blue
I'm a big diablo series fan. I love smashing mobs and doing boss runs.
But sometimes I like to fight with/vs my friends.
Will I be able to that in D3? I hope it will be possible."
That is why you will get Arenas and nothing more... Are you trying to tell me that such topics will make Arenas more professional? Or perhaps you just want to have Arenas as a suitable place for casual PvP player? Well, in that case wtf is ur post about anyway? We will get that anyway O_o

And why do you think that arenas will be only about duels/deathmatch/team deathmatch?
Maybe they are developing other modes now. Ctf or some kind of domination.
Dude, I feel tired discussing this with you...
Afaik other types of matches have already been announced, so that issue should be left aside.
And I guess you didn't understand me correctly and it is YOU who tries to force me to believe in your arguments, pal :)
What do you mean by "more accessible"? Weren't Arenas already accessible? With its SC2 style matchmaking, no nerdy ladder and with typical geek achievements for useless shit? What else do you want? Or maybe: what else do you want, that takes next half a year to develop? Imho only serious functions such as spectator/arena editor/sth. I am sure you realize that implementing spectator function isn't that hard (or replay too). It wouldn't hurt. Besides, they would also help casual players.

My friends' uncle works in blizzard answer does not count...
Dude, suggesting, that I would use that kind of answer really offends me. I assume you are one of those BN founding fathers, who used to play D1 back then in 1993, and your experience stands tall above every other person in here. Keep calm. I mean, I get that D3 is your whole life, but I won't cut myself if Blizz doesn't give a shit about PvP. Seems like it's far more important to you...

Sending any kind of petition/letter based on such assumption and claiming that 'we are many' and 'we want this and that' is just a waste of time at best, or even great way of making ourself look like a fools/retards who can't comprehend simple statements.
It's just juvenile approach.
The letter (which, I emphasize that, but seems like you must have missed that, was only a suggestion) would not be based on assumption that "we are many", but on assumption that "we have been organizing this for the last 12 years and we kindly suggest implementing this or that". It is not the number of users, who signed the petition (isn't thinking like that a juvenile approach?), but on the names of people, who mean something in Diablo community. You cannot gather fuckzillion of signatures, but you can at least try to emphasize weight of those signatures. Rogh's sig means more than some random kid's sig.

So if you think that they won't respond on forums to whole community there's even less chance that they will respond to some limited number of ppl asking directly.
Isn't that obvious? I have also written that above, but you somehow didn't notice. I guess you must have been in a hurry, dude. Everyone can make a topic on BN forums. There are dozens of topics regarding PvP/Arenas/duels. Yet another topic wouldn't change anything. Sending letter/mail/petition/whatever is not that obvious approach. If you try to send a letter you at least buy the damn stamp and print the letter :) It takes a little bit more than just writing a message on bulletin board...

You won't be able to speak with higher ups just because you want to, you won't get any kind of information before it is released to public because you feel that you deserve that because you are so awesome (pvper of anybody else).
They got PR guys who filter all info that is released outside. When a blizz employee gives an interview there's always PR guy nearby who is keeping an eye on him.
It works like that because - they can't risk any kind of leak of info that would help a competition and they can't release any info dealing with their internal matter to limited group of ppl because they are listed company.
If you think that you can evade that then you are naive man and you are wasting your time.
Dude, you really are funny ^^ So you're saying that I cannot evade that by sending a letter or using some alternative ways, you I will succeed by making a topic :)
Besides, who said I want to speak to higher reps? Dude, get a life, we're not 13 yo kids (I guess you think we are). It is just another way of drawing attention to PvP mode. If you think, that any of us here wants to get a private phone to Jay or go to barbeque with Bashiok's family, then I guess you're writing that pointless posts on purpose just to make me laugh, right? :)

Srsly, calm down, get a beer or something and accept the fact, that there is a point in your suggestions, but there are others in here, who think differently.

EOT from me on this.
Bye!

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:32 am »

Please leave the quote system ! Its horrible reading.
Ness, i agree with you in most of your statements. But nobody said we should create a topic "we want our lolipop". Most of us are 30+ years old. Am i right ? So i guess we have a good educated mind and a mature behaviour related to such things. A petition was just an idea. The point is, if you want something changed in your life, then do something. If we would sit there and say nothing, nothing will change. Its just that easy.
And of course we cant write a random topic, thats why we need a good plan, a good promotion and of course a proper and cool written story, why pvp is totally awsome and needy for diablo3.
They wouldnt change the whole game, but they can change small things. Because of we discribe in a logical way, why those things are good and even better if we touch theire interessts too. Like ive said, the pvp demand, rises prices of items, high prices result in bigger profits for blizzard.
I mean, they and we want one thing with Diablo3:
Longlivity like we had in Diablo2 and of course fun with Diablo3.
Nobody here said, Diablo3 sucks or these or those things are crap. We all have the same intentions.
And you should try with your knowledge about blizzard, to work with us together.

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:39 am »

actually we don't need much. just a random pvp arena. i think it's not so complicated for blizz to do it. balance, leagues and so we can do on our own. i belive it possible to force this only one but most important idea

Karolus

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 09:02:51 am »

GuN

• Imp
  • IMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:33 am »

hmm hopefully the custom matches will implemented, that would be the base we need.

Icebergue

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 17:21:08 pm »

It seems it will be good old D2 style :) first months will be spent learning the game and finding items, after that you can think on making rules to balance PvP / TvT if (for sure) it's necessary.
D2 PvP was also about finding unbalances and exploiting them. Even if you were creative you could find something to give you an edge on certain duels.
This arena however is pretty small but I'm positive there will be others to choose from.

Spirals

• Forsaken
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Rakanoth
  • Xpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 17:04:23 pm »

In the movie (conclusion of the reveal interview movies) a question is asked about pvp.
It's their toppriority right now to make it good.. they are supporting pvp for d3 and will make it good. Jay Wilson acknowledged the unsupported pvp in d2.

www.reveal.diablo3.com
We turn desire to fire, electric sparks to the wire
Highered the stakes when we bought this monster life
Prevail by daring to fail, others content just to sail
Hail the future we bring.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 18 queries.