• March 28, 2024, 15:18:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2.5  (Read 102476 times)

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2.5
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 01:50:38 am »

A few quiestions:
1. "Actively using this island will result in loss of rounds and/or the complete match." - if 1 player run to island, and run back it's allowed? If player stay there to reset CD and hide from opponent - it's allowed? "Actively" means that players just cannot camp there or go there at all?
2. "We expect the duels to be active combat. Repeatingly avoiding the duel will result in a loss." - if I buy legacy nat, attack from impale and jump->jump->jump and always in 60 minutes I will hold 30-40 meters range from opponent - is this "Avoiding fight"? If yes: what will you do with hit&run barbs playing like this?
3. "Vanishing Dye is not allowed." - any explanation for this rule? This rule should be only for Monks, because other players don't know if they use immortality or no, but why on all classes? Really need I to wear this ugly natalya helmet?:D
4. "The winner of the duel must stay in screen from opponent once won." - I have no idea what that means, explanations pls:(
5. "In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and the “Wizard” the skill “War cry” is not allowed to be used." - currently no non-legacy DH can kill good barb, I'm not sure if this rule will help with balance, but we gonna test it on tournament. In your tests ANY non-legacy DH killed barb? Maybe this nerf + ban swapping gear will help. I wrote many posts in 1.2 thread about differences in legacy and non-legacy DH vs Barbs, but now I see that you didn't make anything with it. You said that you don't want to force ppl to change items, but without different rules for legacy and non-legacy set all non-legacy DH must regear ;/

1. Actively means to go there on purpose. If you land on the island through a leap / charge / teleport or whatever miss click you might have made to get you there you have to immediatly get back. If it happens its not a loss of the duel, but if it happens again and again a judge needs to be called in for a ruling which may result in a 5-0.

2. If you know it - Think of the the MMA org UFC (or any combat sport for that matter) and their rule - this is basically the same. Rend and run is not avoiding combat, same goes with Shoot and vault. Run and run, and then some more run and maybe a leap to get away is to avoid combat.

3. gear swap detection

4. Prevent winner of duel to hide a potential gear swap.

5. get legacy nat if you cannot win or try find a way to win without it. May sound harsh but thats it. 3*40/15 ed/max in CCSoQ or 3*40/15 ias in CCSoE was only possible with 08 arreat. That costed a shitload, but hey thats how it goes. You could use the far worse ETH rune and the same is true here - you can use worse roll of legacy nats.

I let someone else answer 6 and 7.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:52:36 am by jointit »

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 02:00:25 am »

@Spirals

What is battle cry? Can u link this skill?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/active/war-cry

It's the defensive shout that gives them resist and armor.

I know what is war cry, but i asked about battle cry becouse im not sure that is war cry or battle rage?

@predrs
Bat no eat strom shield, only generate hatered and bite wizz ass;p please fix rules becouse ban for bat is not fair for dh with cluster arrow.

About health from potions and globes i agree with you.

@green

Legacy, no legacy... Going this way we should make rules for blackthorn users, bonus health from potion users, wd's mimic helm users, high dps users etc. Every one can buy any kind of item so whats your problem?

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:23 am »

@green

Q7)
Im taking those SS hits fine + i have a chance to dodge it, maybe your EHP might be too low?
Im not sure about this 'rush' stategy your using vs wiz, explain it abit more to me

legacy can kite and shoot from distance all the time vs barb, but if your trying to be totaly safe, the 'shoot' is hardly enought to do anything sometimes, simply because you cant get enough shots off, a good barb wont just tank+follow, they will hug walls/pillars and use good timed charges/leaps/pulls
One of the main thing legacy allows you to do is kite almost forever without your disc pool getting low, while your trying to regen/wait for cd's, but even here a good barb can use smart tacts to try cut you off

@lilith

yea, i forgot they dont eat stormshield :P, im not sure why these runes would be banned, however im beating wiz fine without any pet skill

MysticaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 02:41:28 am »

Come on guys...

witch doctors have no chance with these rules... lol so 0dog builds are banned too? this is so dumb

I honestly don't even feel like typing my explanation out  ...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:50:18 am by MysticaL »

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51:17 am »

Yeah all US WD gonna get destroyed by MysticaL and myself lol.

Lilith

• D3CL Judge
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 02:56:36 am »

Come on guys...

witch doctors have no chance with these rules... lol so 0dog builds are banned too? this is so dumb

It's punishment for domination in eu d3cl;p

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 03:02:00 am »

I don't know which was your method for developing these rules, but there are some big problems here.

Banning Zombie Dogs versus DH might be already too big of a nerf... Add the fact that we have to choose between SV and SW, and between horrify and hex, and there's nothing to do about it. Seriously, I appreciate what you do, but I think you guys haven't put too much thought into these particular rules. I might have a chance going full tank, but you'll force other WDs in the league to regear completely, something you stated it was "against your ideas."

You are balancing duels so an average-low DH can kill a top WD. With these rules, any DH with sharpshooter and good use of mouse and environment will be able to 1shot WDs so fast you guys won't have enough time to modify rules XD. Listen to Mystical if you don't listen to me.

Besides, do not forget that spirit vessel is not only 2nd life, it's also a 15% reduction of the spirit walk, horrify, etc. cool downs. These skills are core to WD, the whole mechanics of the class are broken without them. It's like banning SS for DHs. I agree that some adjustments had to be made for the sake of the league, but I don't know.. I think this will nerf to the ground 99% of the WDs. We'll see in the test league.

I know a bit about WD, and our skill choices are very very limited. We have some amazing skills but most of the rest are complete crap, at least when you compare them to DHs or Barbs.

WD vs Monk. Some balance was definitely needed, but this is too much. The problem is: you haven't listened to our feedback thoroughly. You didn't consider banning Haunt versus Monks? Atm any skilled monk using a 2hander or sick 1h dps will kill WDs so easily. Most WDs relied on the use of spirit walk and then spirit vessel to beat Monks. Without the second one it will be a 1shot fest. Time will prove me right :).

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:30:23 am by Blud »

MysticaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 03:22:30 am »

Come on guys...

It's punishment for domination in eu d3cl;p

This is dumb, just because a class is winning after ONLY 1 month of dueling, instead of letting players experiment and try stuff out, the CORE skills of each class are getting "league nerfed."

From my perspective, these rules are nothing but "QQ my class X can't win vs class Y, therefore instead of trying to figure out new builds & gear setups, my opponent's core skills need to be removed"

I can't wait to finish my DH on EU, I'm really looking forward to fighting you non-warcry barbs and dog-less WDs LOL!

jokes aside though, I think it's a bit too unfair lol I'm not trolling either, because I don't have any suggestions myself - I think it's best to give the players a chance to figure things out on their own...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:32:11 am by MysticaL »

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 03:33:11 am »

I totally agree with you. This is a nerf fest, removing core skills and skills that weren't even OP in many cases. Really disappointed after spending so many hours testing and posting suggestions to see that they have been completely neglected.

You shouldn't be touching a class's mechanics. Just adjustments.

What about Zero-dog WD?

link1313

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:55 am »

no war cry vs dhs? *shudders*

verccety

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 06:01:59 am »

In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and the “Wizard” the skill “War cry” is not allowed to be used.

And now they will start using Threatening Shout instead of WC...

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 06:21:21 am »

Oo strange rules for barb not?

If i cant use wotb and blud can use hex its ....?

If i cant use Warcry vs Kaio he kills my 210 k life 12 mio ehp barb with 1 Blizzard.
No Warcry means cut absorb from 98% to 93% so ~ 300% inc dmg.

GREEN2172

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 09:06:30 am »

@green
Legacy, no legacy... Going this way we should make rules for blackthorn users, bonus health from potion users, wd's mimic helm users, high dps users etc. Every one can buy any kind of item so whats your problem?
You know as good as me that dyscypline is thing that gives us survavibility, dysc pool and dysc regen are far better then pumping hp/ress and if 1 set have 3x more dysc regen it gives a big advantage, any blackthorn users or bonuses in items like bonus health don't make such a difference.
My problem is that most of DH with non-legacy set are forced to buy removed from game drop items. If you didn't played in league with non-legacy set you just don't understand problems with new set.
I would not have any problems if dev team say "we made this rules and if you need to buy some gear go&buy or f*ck off", but if they said that they don't want to force ppl to regear and after that they force me to search for items removed from game so...i'ts simply unfair. And it's not only about legacy set - every item I buy or craft is used to have some HP/ress/DPS balance. With legacy nat I must change almost all items to set new hp/ress/dps balance, and as you know this gonna be expensive.

mirek

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 10:14:38 am »

In duels versus the “Wizard” the Witch Doctor is not allowed to use  “Summon Zombie Dogs” or “Gargantuan”.

i'm poor in english.
Zombie Dogs AND Gargantuan?
can't use both? Or choose one from above?

also : i agree with blud - spirit vessel is reduction of WD cooldowns on most usefull skills not only "second life"...
and
WD vs 2H bell monks will be one-sided now

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:20 am »

now (following mathematical logic) it means you can choose one of them but i guess it was not intended and should be changed. Rogh? Spirals?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 18 queries.