• March 28, 2024, 14:08:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: US & EU D3CL Season #2  (Read 86969 times)

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
US & EU D3CL Season #2
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:15:48 am »

D3CL 1v1 League will start on Sunday (12th May). Registration will be opened today. Ruleset will be published tomorrow.

We're going to do some changes in the league system, egg. player will be automatically removed from the league after some walkovers.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:41:37 am by Mr.Mag »

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
Re: US & EU D3CL Season #2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:47:26 am »

How long league will last?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:50:24 am by Mr.Mag »

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:37:22 am »

Rules

One Vs One:

Barbarian

-   In duels versus the “Monk” and “Wizard” is not allowed to use the skill “Wrath of the Berserker”.
-   In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” the skill “War cry” is only allowed to use with “no rune”.

Demon Hunter

-   The Demon Hunter is not allowed to play the “bunker – style”. This style is defined by laying “Turrets” and/or “Spike Traps” and not coming out from the range of these traps.
-   In duels versus the “Monk” the skill “Impale” with rune “Chemical Burn” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Companion” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Preparation” with rune “Battle Scars” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Sentry” with rune “Aid Station” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the passive skill “Brooding” is not allowed.

Monk

-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Cyclone Strike” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Dashing Strike” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Fists of Thunder" with rune “Thunderclap” is not allowed.

Witch Doctor

-   In duels versus “Barbarian” is not allowed to use the skill “Firebats”.
-   In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and “Monk” can use only one of the skills “Firebats” and “Haunt”.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” can use only one of the skills “Corpse Spiders” with rune “Leaping Spiders”, “Firebats”, “Haunt” and “Spirit Barrage”
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the skill “Horrify”.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the passive skill “Blood Ritual”.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:48:26 am »

Registration is now open

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:13:11 am »

one question, why not allow the "charge" rune on wc, the one that gives more fury, although not banning relentless is a big thing already

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:30 am »

ask Euronymous :)

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 12:44:42 pm »

Rulez useless like always. WD is still the best class. Why no wotb vs monk? It doesn't change anything.

But will we see.

by tapatalk

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 21:10:40 pm »

Tanky Barb will still stalemate or beat DH, tanky WD will still beat DH, Wizard are strong to DH now with all life regenerating skills/passives disabled. Not sure about the other match-ups since I don't play other than a DH. I really think the DH vs WD rules should be double-checked.

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 21:38:47 pm »

No WotB against wizards? Are you crazy or what? DO you know what excatly does wizard right now? Perma disable with buffed dmg (and that is when i have 37% dodge) I can asure i have played against wizards and i can tell you NO cc breaker means no win. You really could do at least WotB allowed but no rune "Insanity". And that is how i will play. Or ban doulbe disable effect of Wizards.

And War Cry no rune another curious move. You still think barbs is op compared to dh? Cuz i dont. But if you ban something let be rune "impunity". "Hardened Wrath" doesnt give the same protection as "impunity". Or if you think this is still mega op, ban this runes, but allow the others.

And WD. Banning bats, but they are still have 2% life regen. For 150k life WD that is a lot. I am not sure if barb can allow something else but WotB. And that 15 sec window is mostly not enough.

Thx

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 00:54:15 am »

DH complaining Barbs still win or stalemate, Barb complaining they are too weak now vs. DH. Good stuff.
Perfect example of how you can't be everybody's darling.

Iria, I respect your opinion and love your enthusiasm for D3 pvp. What is it with your obsession for rankings though? Every time I read your posts I feel like I'm reading the current NBA power rankings on ESPN.
It looks like WDs started the season as the dark horse for you and have been climbing steadily since then. The match-up went from favorable to DHs over slightly favorable to DHs to about even. Couple weeks ago they even overtook DHs in your 1.07 rankings and after the blockbuster trade for Firebats in 1.08 they are obviously on a whole nother level similar to the Heat ;)
Since either the future hall of famer Haunt or the most improved player of the year candidate Firebats are out for at least the beginning of the 1.08 season, some experts think that WDs will struggle early on and it might be the time for DHs to shine again...

I also think you list Wiz too high in your rankings. I don't see them as a playoff team yet.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:36:23 am by Euronymous »

link1313

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 01:56:32 am »

Thanks for starting up the season. Some interesting rule choices. Should be fun for some matches.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 06:59:19 am »

Why would you not put the official rulez on main website? Many players dont read forum, and the forum is "hard to read".

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 10:28:42 am »

dont worry. rules will be posted also on website :)

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:53 am »

Sorry if I sounded very aggressive in my last post. I have met Wizards that have done so much damage so quickly, that without a Boar to eat a few thunder bolts or a Preparation, I would have little chance. A good Wizard will take 3-4 of my critical Impales before dying, but with Wave of Force, Mirror Images, Teleport, etc. it can be hard to land those. Without at least one form of mitigation (Boar or Battle Scars), the fights will be very short. Shorter so with lower EHP DH. This is not to say it is impossible, but the duels will revolve around luck for me (in dodging thunder). I think the duel is much closer now but I dislike RNG being a major component of a duel (similar to my problem with the Chemical Burn ban).

As for the DH vs Barb discussion, I have tested with high EHP Barbs and I simply don't do enough damage against them if they can survive 5 critical Impales in a row (landing 5, let alone critically hitting with 5 in a row is near impossible). If the Barb cannot die, the duel is basically a stalemate until the DH makes a mistake (or runs out of discipline). I actually would prefer Threatening Shout ban over War Cry ban if that is considered and possibly limit passives to only 2 defensive ones (any 2 of Inspiring Presence, Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, and Relentless) with the last passive something else (Unforgiving, Superstition, Ruthless, etc.). Of course, this would require more testing and I don't know for sure if that is enough or too much (I think it is enough for high EHP Barbs). I define a high EHP Barb as one that takes less than 20% health damage from a critical Impale with everyone applying all their buffs and debuffs.

For the DH vs WD match, upon testing, I think Rapid Fire evens the playing field a lot but Bats will hard counter that lol. The no Haunt and Fire Bats rule might be ok, but I don't have enough testing yet to be sure. Again, I am sorry if I sounded too aggressive.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 13:21:36 pm »

You didn't sound aggressive to me, I just find it unwarranted to call for rules to be double checked or to start making rankings without thorougly testing them.
D3 dueling is heavily RNG thanks to crits, even more for you since your mitigation mostly is RNG. If you can't reach the threshold to kill your opponent you will lose or force a stalemate. Banning a few skills here and there to "balance" the game won't change that.

I don't see a way out of this except for forcing people to re-gear with non-crit gear and limiting/banning the ways to regen HP. I can see it being more fun than the current dueling but it's probably not gonna happen because it would require a large group of players willing to test and play like that.
Here is a vid of lvl9 DH vs. Barb that shows similar gameplay (low crit, regen limit):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFDRNMZaao&feature=youtu.be

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.