• March 28, 2024, 16:45:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: US & EU D3CL Season #2  (Read 86973 times)

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: US & EU D3CL Season #2
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 13:43:07 pm »

one of the problems of dh vs barb is that legacy dh is almost like a different class

u can't ban any fury generating skill for barb because they will be just sitting ducks vs good legacy dh.

about the passives, are there really barbs that dont use unforgiving vs dhs? that rule would sound a bit odd Iria because all barbs use 2 defensive passives (insp presence  + relentless or nerves) and unforgiving, how would they be able to catch a dh without unforgiving is beyond me.

good wizards will probably have a nice time finally, but as euronymous says, they maybe deserve it :P

im still curious about stalemate rules and how can these be checked, im pretty sure a barb can stalemate vs almost everyone if he feels he has a gear disadvantage ( the same maybe applies to tanks from other classes, like tank wd or tank legacy dh) what rules are there to prevent this?

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 14:03:26 pm »

and the issue u posted previously about starting the match in order to choose gear skills that counter the oponents skills gears. there could be situatutions where we could never give the ok to start the game if its a constant skill/gear change to suit what opponent is doing while he is doing the same.

what do u think of this solution: challenger has to setup his gear first and get the ok then its the guy who got challenged turn to do so. Then for every round the victor has to go first if there is to be any changes. An other solution could be that the looser of the round can veto any changes in the victor, so basically u can only change stuff around when u loose a round or if the looser of the round agrees to it.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 14:15:00 pm »

I personally would like that players change skills and items in another game and when entering the game with your opponent you can't change anything.

the same can be applied after a round when someone wants to change something.

one players leaves and creates another game where he changes whatever he wants and hopes to counter the possible changes that the opponent makes, there will be a lot of mind games but to me this sounds like a fair solution.

if my wizard opponent doesnt use mirror images and i use hota, i can ask to change skills after round 1... he may think i add rend but i may not do anything while he uses mirror images instead of a dps skill vs my hota. all this has to be done outside of inspect radius, so the best it would be to do it in a different game.

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 14:21:56 pm »

I personally would like that players change skills and items in another game and when entering the game with your opponent you can't change anything.

one players leaves and creates another game where he changes whatever he wants and hopes to counter the possible changes that the opponent makes, there will be a lot of mind games but to me this sounds like a fair solution.

if my wizard opponent doesnt use mirror images and i use hota, i can ask to change skills after round 1... he may think i add rend but i may not do anything while he uses mirror images instead of a dps skill vs my hota. all this has to be done outside of inspect radius, so the best it would be to do it in a different game.

dunno even though the mind games part sounds fun, it could end up being a little bit too tedious if we have to be switching games eachround.

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 14:28:07 pm »

yep agree on raven. if you still want warcry in the game you have to allow charge! rune.
(+20 exra fury)
If the intention of banning warcrys 20% allresi bonus was to lower the barbs ehp then its the right way to give the barb more fury and less ehp.

Baharoth

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 14:58:25 pm »

Hi everyone,

i am new to the league but i have been reading here for quite a while now and i gave that issue Raven mentioned some thought as well and i think i found a nice solution for that.

Both players choose the gear they want to use in the duell, but instead of putting it on, they put it into their inventory. Then both players enter the chapel naked. One goes to the southwest the other to the notheast end. There they put their gear on and choose the specc they want to use. After the 30 sec cd for switching specc is over both can say go and start the duell. Should be faster than game changing everytime and works well with the method to prevent gear swaps since it reduces the amount of stuff u have to pick up cuz half of ur inventory is full with the gear u will use.

What do u guys think about that?

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 15:17:55 pm »

These "poker style" or "mind game" rules are intriguing but there are so many cheese builds out there that you will auto-lose against with the wrong spec that it will be really annoying to play like that all the time. It also encourages players to go with more conservative builds to minimze the risk of losing which will lead to more stalemates.
For the few situations where you can't come to an agreement with your opponent you should call a judge who will then enforce these "poker style" rules.

The intention of Warcry "no rune" is to lower the barbs EHP a bit while keeping everything else the same - not as a trade-off between EHP and fury.

There is definitately a need for stalemate rules, still looking for a good solution for this. Most suggestions I have seen go like this: "after a certain amount of time, players go back to the chapel and choose a more offensive build". The problem is, how do you define "more offensive" to make it fair for both players?

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 16:04:33 pm »

Here is a vid of lvl9 DH vs. Barb that shows similar gameplay (low crit, regen limit):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFDRNMZaao&feature=youtu.be

This is nice. Really lov this movie.

Mnich

• Kabraxis
  • Marche Ou Crève. TOG
    • View Profile
    • The OlD Guard
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 16:20:19 pm »

Mend something in duels Monk vs Wd ( terrible duel )

haunt baned
horrify rune Frightening Aspect  baned

Être alerte l'ennemi est partout, même là où ne s'attend pas.

Marche Ou Crève Frère.

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 17:07:11 pm »

The intention of Warcry "no rune" is to lower the barbs EHP a bit while keeping everything else the same - not as a trade-off between EHP and fury.

pfff nobody will use warcry without rune overpower crushing advanced is already near equal to a full runed warcry skill

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 17:48:13 pm »

Then don't use it if you can live without the fury regen. Barbs were fine in the test season vs. DH and I don't see how the change from "no warcry" to "warcry (no rune)" will have a negative impact on you. Patch didn't change anything unless DHs come up with a way to utilize the buffed rapid fire. Until then I see no reason to change the rules.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 17:48:44 pm »

crushing advance gives no fury and u have it only for a few seconds, vs dh i would say wc is better even with no-rune, but that may be only personal preference. The reason they re-allowed wc was to not nerf fury too much vs legacy dh, because it just forced barbs to just get even tankier while not having the ability to catch dhs.

as for fury gain, threatening gives more fury overall but u have to spam it in the air when u have it, and then u may not have it when u are near the opponent.

even when i tried without wc i didnt use OP but ground stomp which also gives some fury... when it lands

I know this is for barb v dh, but in other matchups where stun is present OP is even worse, because u can't use while in cc, so u have to preemptively use it, which is impossible

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 19:22:44 pm »

Mend something in duels Monk vs Wd ( terrible duel )

haunt baned
horrify rune Frightening Aspect  baned
\

Agree. Versus wd duel is terrible. Auto non aim attack + hex + spirit walk... ehhm.

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 19:42:37 pm »

skilled dh will kill all anyway with the bugged new rapid fire rockets and ballistic passives ... autoaim 800 k dmg rockets for the win

no problem for me anyway i can use 18 mio ehp setup

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 20:02:44 pm »

well... I'm sure all barbs have a full tank stalemate gear but we really should have rules against this.

I can easily go to 190k hp with 950 ar unbuffed, 12k armor, 1500 dex and -35% vs elites (4 piece Bt, litany, ss and 7 more on chest) and I don't think there are many dhs that can kill that.

actually even skorn barbs in insanity with hota and rend, while I'm standing still, have problems against this setup.

the problem is that there aren't any rules ro prevent this kind of tanks and it's kinda silly.

any wd can also get 200k hp too and be unkillable by barbs and any legacy dh can tank up and run until he has preparation again... or a tanky tempest rush monk.

barbs can get tankier faster but all classes have stalemate potential and in a competitive environment more and more players will try to abuse this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 19 queries.