• April 20, 2024, 02:38:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: US & EU D3CL Season #2  (Read 87983 times)

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
Re: US & EU D3CL Season #2
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2013, 17:25:23 pm »

with the progress of a league, best players (with the best gear?) wont be able to play with te weaker ones because of points differences. you can play duel only if you have +-180 points. i think this problem is not as big as it seems. the problem is that if you dont have the best gear you are not able to win the whole league even if you're pvp super pro deluxe master in skill ;)

Baharoth

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2013, 17:56:55 pm »

well its not about winning the league... i mean if u enter the league with 100 mio gear and actually think u can win it ur just crazy. Thats like wanting to win a formula 1 race in a gocart ... Its about the situation now at the beginning of the league where the top players go for easy 5-0 wins against opponents that never had a chance to beat them. I dont realy mind it personaly, i need the experience anyway but seeing that others already quit after 1 day... a rule like that might be usefull. Later on in the league its fine but what about the beginning?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 17:59:34 pm by Baharoth »

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2013, 18:29:00 pm »

Many players will refuse it only because they can lose,  not gear. There will be many refuse against barb and WD, many DH will receive it too. In my opinion

by tapatalk

VenX

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2013, 21:04:09 pm »

Tested the Ballistic passive dmg, and the dmg seems about right, i cant see anything abnormal there

Hi pred, can you plz take new nat set + dps gear + rocket rune + ballistic and test the dmg @ normal barbs i have seen so many dying in the first 2 secs.

This seems to work as intended. Rapid fire should do in total 649 % weapon damage/s for me, and that is over 3 million dps / second in dps gear. Tested with NoFear and sure he died within a couple of seconds, but that seemd reasonable

and this is working as intended? come on guys!

I answered the question whatever or not is was bugged. It's a recent change that given demon hunters burst where 5 crit impales was realy rng, 25 % chance in my case when ss was fully active. To my knowledge this has not been tested in a enviroment where a running target and pilehuge, has been involved? If you not have notcied something since leauge begun  .But in the future, actions might or might not be required for rapid fire with rockets.

MoKKaL

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2013, 21:41:32 pm »

-   In duels versus the “Wizard” can use only one of the skills “Corpse Spiders” with rune “Leaping Spiders”, “Firebats”, “Haunt” and “Spirit Barrage”
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the skill “Horrify”.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the passive skill “Blood Ritual”.

really? ... pets allowed? ... really? ^^

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2013, 22:24:35 pm »

Must have been a different MoKKaL on PTR then that told me pets are fine and easily killed :P

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2013, 00:20:37 am »

-   In duels versus the “Wizard” can use only one of the skills “Corpse Spiders” with rune “Leaping Spiders”, “Firebats”, “Haunt” and “Spirit Barrage”
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the skill “Horrify”.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the passive skill “Blood Ritual”.

really? ... pets allowed? ... really? ^^

yeah i feel ur pain!.... QQ

pets make useless any sort of longer ranged spells we have like magic missile or storm armour and staying in mid-close range too deal damage is just takin too much damage to have any sort of decent trade as they do way more dmg and tank better, It really feels hopeless.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:45 am »

I agree. at the beginning of a league weaker player will lose for sure. we could give top x players from previous ladder +200 points in the next season on start and eliminate possibility to play with the weaker ones. what do you thinkg about it?

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2013, 10:02:10 am »

Maybe separate the top 16 or 20 players from the others. ( being able to challenge only within that group)

Not necessarily top from previous leagues but top players in general, it's usually pretty obvious looking at gear.

After each week the best 4 from the lower bracket will advance in upper bracket with a score of 1200, the same for the last players in upper going to lower.

If a new good player joins he will have the chance to advance in a week.

Just an idea to keep only one league but somehow separate and dynamic.

( I know, technically there are 2 leagues but they could be on same page and the exchange of players should make them pretty connected)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:32:23 am by DarkRaven »

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2013, 11:14:33 am »

I kinda agree with DarkRaven, having some sort of 'divisions' will make it a lot more enjoyable for lower geared players, especially new players who have just joined the league, which most of the time get raped and its more enjoyable for them to pvp in public games.  however a problem might be the balancing of rules for people with lower tier gear

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2013, 11:20:28 am »

but if we create a league for top players only, some of them will always lose :) promoting and demoting system is some kind of solution but even if it takes 1 month for a season, it's still a waste of time for loosers in top league. but in overall it looks better than it is now. current league organization discourage new players but we need them. its too late to introduce it on preset season but maybe in the next? there's a one big problem. without many players it's pointless. 2 leagues with ~20 players sux.

in general i like the idea and its easy to launch in the future.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2013, 11:44:37 am »

I played sc2 for 2 years, at diamond and master level, even if it's a very balanced game with good matchmaking and league system winning streaks and losing streaks happen a lot.

I actually uninstalled the game 2 times after 10 games losing streaks even though I had lot longer winning streaks and good win/loss ratio.

I really appreciate  newer players that can continue the league after losing so many games.

I don't see the point of allowing games with such gear discrepancies, It's not even fun for the guy that's winning ( only maybe for ranking ego )... personally I try to give advice and test some more after winning but I bet lots of players don't even bother doing this.

it's so easy to get discouraged after losing and that can be seen from the continuous drop in players from season to season.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

Getting back players is also very hard because even with separate leagues is so hard to convince them.

From the already low number of d3 players, a lot of them gave up on PvP after first day of 1.07 ptr, others gave up when 1.07 came live, others when 1.08 came live and they could search easily for public PvP...

With a more and more reduced PvP player base they can't even introduce  real pvp ladder and/or arenas... and d3cl has an even more reduced player base and very soon it will become a platform just for the absolute top players... but even they will probably give up because a lot prefer to rofl stomp noobs.

Although I spent a lot on gear and others spent a lot more, one of the only ways for balanced PvP for everybody it will be fixed gear... Or rather fixed stats that anyone can achieve.

A rough example, barbs are allowed to have unbuffed Max 40k dps, 80k hp, 500ar, 6k arm, 7 red vs elites / mel / range 25% block, 15% dodge, 24 ms etc... U can achieve stats in many different ways but with enough testing balanced, and rather cheap to get stats can be found for every class.

IMP-Executioner

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2013, 17:05:30 pm »

@ darkraven

its difficult to realise and in diablo2 it was tested and not really a sucess :(

blizzard has only 1 chance anyway and thats team-pvp

even 2 on 2 is much more fun than 1 on 1 so far and there is only a minimal chance for stalemates

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2013, 23:17:07 pm »

Monk

-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Cyclone Strike” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Dashing Strike” is not allowed.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” the skill “Fists of Thunder" with rune “Thunderclap” is not allowed.

Lol.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.686 seconds with 18 queries.