• April 16, 2024, 22:30:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gear Swap and Not accepting challenges.  (Read 14431 times)

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
Gear Swap and Not accepting challenges.
« on: February 28, 2013, 13:05:22 pm »

HI there guys,

I just wanted to provide a couple of suggestions that could be implemented, if not now, in the next season.

1) Prohibit gear switching. It's so lame in my opinion. Players should come up with a spec & gear set vs each class, and not change during combat depending on the situation. Most barbs switch gear versus me and if I don't switch gear, then I'm screwed.

2) Punishment to players no accepting challenges. If after let's say one week, a challenge hasn't been done, and there's evidence that one part was trying to carry it out, there should be a penalisation to the other part, like the double of the amount of points he would have lost/won if the challenge was conducted. As Euronymous had posted, the ones who are more active will be first, not the ones with better win/losss ratio.

Just that. Thank you very much for the awesome job you guys are doing, and just take what I say as feedback, not as whining xD. d3cl is awesome!!!!

Mr.Mag

• The Lord of Sparrowhawks
  • Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
Re: Gear Swap and Not accepting challenges.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 13:18:20 pm »

Gear switching is currently pending on rules dev forum. I'm not the most appropriate person to write about the rules so maybe someone else is.

Some players say punishment now is to high. They basically dont want to receive any w/o if duel didnt take place. I dont know exactly how many w/o we grant per day but i guess its about 10. Is this a real problem? In a small way for sure is. The worst are the shouters who did not respond and then ask everywhere why have they lost. We're still looking for the solution. I'm not sure if 2x points is ok.

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 15:39:23 pm »

I don't understand this:

"I dont know exactly how many w/o we grant per day but i guess its about 10. Is this a real problem? In a small way for sure is."

What do you mean "w/o we grant per day"?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 15:41:46 pm by Blud »

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 15:43:15 pm »

if one of the players asked for a duel in communication system on challenge screen and his opponent did not respond - we grant a walkover. this is common situation. i know this is not a perfect way to finish unplayed duel but that's what we do. if you have better idea, go on :)

Crensh

• Imp
  • Crensh#2479
    • View Profile
    • xfire/crensh
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 17:00:09 pm »

w/o is commonly interpreted as without, hence the confusion.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 17:02:05 pm »

to avoid misunderstanding, w/o mark will be added to scores ened by w/o.

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 00:38:18 am »

I hope gear swap won't be allowed in new season.

At this point when I play against WD and I've decided to go offensive, WD goes TANKY, and as soon as i finish berserker he goes FULL dps mode.. Is that ok? To counter that, I have to switch to defensive gear too, thus we run like idiots for 2 min. waiting for cooldowns and we both switch again...Without this option, both classes would have to think about balance in ehp/dps and rounds would take much less time...Saying that Barbs are running around map waiting for cooldowns, etc...why is that?? cause the only way to kill top WD's at the moment, who switch half of the gear is to go all offensive and kill them twice within 13 sec window You have between 2 spirit walks.

And when it started? atm top WD's have almost BiS items +220-250k dps and they were killing everything..After a while I figured out how to tank while having enough DPS to kill them in this setup...What did they do? what they should do is reduce some of DPS and go more EHP..but that would be complicated and require thinking.. It's easier to start swapping shields, blackthorne set etc. so they can survive berserker and then they go back to full dps gear. It's ok, but don't complain that fights are getting long, cause that's how it going to be when gear switch will be allowed.

Atm I really enjoy Barbs vs Monk and Barb vs DH....Barb vs WD is full nonsense.

Gear switch should be allowed only between rounds.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 00:40:18 am by devilek666 »

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 00:49:05 am »

Cool, but how to prove that someone is gear swapping during the round? Make as a rule, that both players have to inspect each other gear on the battlefield before each round, than they should make screenshots of every item and then start dueling? Or they should film their duels? Anyways it sucks.
In my opinion, the only thing which we might to, to make things a bit better and still easly to check, to prove, to catch cheaters, is to ban main hand & offhand switching during the round, because its visible, easy to make a print screen, easy to prove that someone is cheating, without dozens of screens and time wasting.

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 01:22:43 am »

Cool, but how to prove that someone is gear swapping during the round? Make as a rule, that both players have to inspect each other gear on the battlefield before each round, than they should make screenshots of every item and then start dueling? Or they should film their duels? Anyways it sucks.
In my opinion, the only thing which we might to, to make things a bit better and still easly to check, to prove, to catch cheaters, is to ban main hand & offhand switching during the round, because its visible, easy to make a print screen, easy to prove that someone is cheating, without dozens of screens and time wasting.

In another topic, i think in rule development, there were few reasonable solutions for that.

Blud

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 17:59:47 pm »

Switching main hand & offhand might be a good step forward, but it should apply to the whole set. It's pretty noticeable when somebody changes the whole set.

Besides, I totally agree with Devil. We must all aim at a perfect spec that can deal with many situations, and not just run around inspecting opponent during battle and switching those items you feel necessary. That is just so stupid.

On the other hand, I still don't get the walkover thing. It just means that the duel is cancelled? I had a challenge for days, it wasn't conducted, and I see today that it's been cancelled. This should not happen. It's not fair that some of the top players don't duel everybody cos they have less chances of losing points, since they carefully choose who to duel with.

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 18:21:21 pm »

plz give me challenge id and i tell you what had happend

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 19:07:37 pm »

I had a same situation with N0F3aR#2714 who just said that is afraid of fighting with me, but he keeps duleing with other classes. Challenge was canceled and nobody earned points.. I don't understand it. It happened today. Now I send another challenge and same story...He doesn't have the right gear.

Iownyou

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 09:18:00 am »

Do we want speak about Scorpion#2883 ? is a week that i try duel him and he is pretty alweys online and never accept alweys say no tnx i think this kind of player must be deleted from the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Mag

• Administrator
  • Baal
    • View Profile
    • Diablo 3 PvP
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:54 am »

id, id, id and i'll tell you everything :) however it's not my doing

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 13:40:16 pm »

Getting loses without fighting, is the most bad aspect of this league @the moment.
I allways accept the challenge if the people ask me online, never denied one.
I love PvP, and thats the only reason why i play this game. I played in all leagues AoW, Duelliga, EuroPvP very active.
And thats why i am pissed of, because of this looses against people...i never would loos to. Am i forced to be online from 12:00 to 24:00 everyday to meet the children online? What if i play only from 22:00? I guess no...

In D2 Duelliga we handled it like this:

You see the opponent is online, you ask him for a duel.
- If there is no response >> Screen. <---handle it as denie Nr.1
- Ask on next day again. If he don´t likes to duel >> Screen. <--- handle it as denie Nr.2
- Ask on next day again @ denie nr.3 don´t care why... >> Screen. Send those screens to a judge...earn a 5:0 over this player.

This would be fair, and nobody get´s fucked with looses he doesn´t deserve.
I hope you think very good about this post.
Pages: [1] 2

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 18 queries.