• March 28, 2024, 10:17:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2.6 [Open Discussion]  (Read 135944 times)

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2.6 [Open Discussion]
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2013, 19:22:49 pm »

yeah testing ftw!

dueling has seemed pretty dead lately so hard to find people online to practice!

btw mokkal wheen i log in later tonight il tell u something i have in mind vs hota XD.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 19:24:27 pm by ximae »

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2013, 11:05:42 am »

So atm each class got buff without Barb..Now WD is even more OP cause it has same life regenaration as barb + shit loads of cc, 2nd life and even more dps..lol 8)

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2013, 15:09:30 pm »

Looking for Wizards and DHs to test new rules vs. WD. I'm on PTR now Euronymous#2637 (checking every 15mins or so).

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2013, 15:38:50 pm »

Looking for Wizards and DHs to test new rules vs. WD. I'm on PTR now Euronymous#2637 (checking every 15mins or so).

What new rules?  :o

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2013, 15:50:10 pm »

New rules that are yet to be decided ;)
Old rules didn't really balance the match-ups, especially vs. Wiz and with the changes to life regen and some skills new rules are required.

predsr

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2013, 16:02:33 pm »

Euro ill be home in 2 hrs or so

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2013, 16:24:35 pm »

I´ll be there from 22:00 to 3:00 for everything you like to do with me (online kk)  ;D

N0F3aR

• Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2013, 19:58:56 pm »

Ok, Barb wont get buff of Life regen, but WD will get buff of his life regen - 2%. + he got amazing dps buff (euro toke me 100k life with 1 spell, hell yeah). Actually its stupid all classes get buffs but barbs not. Also is stupid WD to has equal life regen as barb. That is no real - some kind of vodoo sorcer has the same life regen as furiest mele warrior. Yeah its game, but wd could reach the same life and life regen as barb - this is just stupid. The strongest part of the barbs is that they could outsurvive the enemy, now that is impossible. I think we need to make another petition regarding pvp with some balancing ideas. I mean not "nurf wd" or "buff barbs" but telling to blizzard what pvp needs to be balanced. There are a lot of skills/runes that are not used on pve that could be reworked and usefull on pvp. For example - barb's Ignor pain has 3 runes, that i have never used ( just it wasnt nesecary)

So, any ideas for balancing barb vs wd? Also i think that WotB should be allowed against monks, wizards and wd. Wizards got very good buff of their RoF + their build = barb needs wotb. Against wd - i still cannot understand how i could beat decend wd without wotb while he is using double fear effect ( skill + ef). Monks - most of them already dont use tempest rush but go with some heavvy 1 shoot build - sss,wave of light + palm. For 150k-200k skorn monk, palm crits for 5-6k life per tick (9 sec) and that goes like 45-50 k life gone from a crit palm. SSS + wave of light + dmg aura make the picture harder.

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2013, 20:27:01 pm »

I guess a lot of wd nerfs are required, at least for barb vs wd.

Even with the no hex no wotb rule, top wds had no problem vs barbs.
Maybe allow only one cc spell and the ban of firebats seems pretty needed.

If wd uses firebats instead of barrage there will be a lot more stalemates. Barbs will be too afraid to engage without ignore pain and wds will not have the range to catch a sprinting barb.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2013, 20:38:36 pm »

They have screw everything in this game...

WD vs barb is not only one problem. wd vs. rest class is a problem too. 2 lifes, huge imba dmg buff, life regen like a tanky.

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2013, 00:19:34 am »

Seems that d3 pvp is about to die, every hour more and more.
Im going to sell all my gear.

chucknorris#1885

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2013, 05:12:55 am »

Perhaps the league should consider changing its dueling format. I think currently you allow many health and cd resests after duel. this is great benefit to wd with having sv available at every round and not having to use regen gear giving extra advantage to dps builds such as what is most effective vs barbs.

I have always used "no leaving the arena for any reason untill 10 deaths" style and must say it allows for very fun and intense fights without all the waiting around. I play some of the eu players and they leave after every kill, it does give wd a big advantage over other classes and is a lot slower. also the no leaving arena style promots much more agressive fights as when you die and your opponent is at low hp you try to respawn and chace thier ass down asap. this would automatically give big edge to barbs vs wd because of thier mobility advantage.

I will say that my style plays much better with allowing both gear and skill swap within the arena, but I think with wotb ban vs wd there is no problems arising from gear swap only more reward for higher apm players.

hope you consider this.

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2013, 13:25:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure most players want to kill their opponent at full strength and be at their full strength when they start a round.
I don't get any satisfaction out of killing my opponent at low health, with their key abilities on cooldown and/or spawning right next to them.
The time that it takes to heal in town or rejoin the game is negligible in comparison to the duration of your average round. The rejoining is indeed an advantage for skills like Spirit Vessel or Wrath of the Berserker, but without the rejoining it will just lead to a) costing more time because players wait for their CDs to reset before saying go or b) in your weird dueling format, players switching to full tank/full regen until their CDs are reset.

I also see little benefit in gear and skill swapping. It's just an excuse for having bad, one-dimensional gear or is used to correct your mistakes when you realize that you started the round with wrong gear and/or skills.
Your style plays better for you now because most of your opponents don't gear and skill swap. This is a competitive environment and season 1 showed what happens if both players start swapping.
Duels are already too long and often stalematish right now. This would prolong the duels even further because players will run away and reset with regen, HP bonus and tank gear every time they are in danger. It would obviously shift powers a lot, favoring the player with higher mobility.
Even with no WotB, wanna know how Barb vs. WD would play out?
Barb runs in defensive gear for 20s, attacks with 2h in his 7s of Ignore Pain. WD does the opposite, when Barb pops Ignore Pain the WD switches to full defensive and then goes to full offense when Ignore Pain runs out.
Again, I fail to see the benefit of this, it's just annoying. Most players don't want that but are forced to swap if their opponent swaps.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 13:27:32 pm by Euronymous »

chucknorris#1885

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2013, 15:27:43 pm »

Well in the few thousand duels I have done in the format I discribe I can tell you my experience which is quite the opposite of what you describe.

- full tank switch only occurs in duels with wotb barbs. it is not needed or advantages in any other duel as switching creates quite a bit of vulnerability.

- duels are much less likely to stale mate as players are able to add dps on the fly. as soon as one player realizes they have insuficinet dps the kill their oppenent they add dps one slot at a time.

-switching to full tank after killing your opponent is not effective as you will lack the dps to threaten your opponent and they will simply pick away at you preventing you from regening.

- several class match ups are more ballanced and less favoring wd as glass cannon is more punished and sv is not op.

- there is no costing more time as it is the rule that you must respawn imminently after death and after dying it is in the person who died to chace down their opponent asap. All matches are in fact much faster paced and more action packed.

-gear and skill swapping comes with quite a strong vulnerbility it takes quite a lot of skill to knw when to do it and how to do it quickly. Imo it is not used to compensate for one dimensional gear but instead adds another layer of stratagy and skill to a duel.

I hope you dont dissmiss this simply because you are sure " sure most players want to kill their opponent at full strength and be at their full strength when they start a round." or because it would make your own personal play style and gearing choice less effective. From what I saw I think this format will put quite a natural handicap on the eu wd play style and create a more ballanced and exciting league.

devilek666

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2013, 15:42:04 pm »

I personally agree with Euro here..give us a break chuck.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 18 queries.