• March 28, 2024, 21:48:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2.6 [Open Discussion]  (Read 135975 times)

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2.6 [Open Discussion]
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2013, 12:59:12 pm »

I think that the balance from season 1 had something to do with gear swapping.

if barbs run for 2 minutes with tank gear than swap to full dps skorn in wotb plus ip maybe they can kill in a couple of shots, cause more is pretty hard to get and the fury cost of wotb+sprint+hotas is too big.

also I think the gear changed a lot from then.

in your recent games vs top barbs, with wotb and no gear swap, what was roughly their win ratio? if it was at least 30% than it should be ok

30%+ should be possible, it's definitely not as hopeless as the non-wotb matches. It's not even set in stone that WDs have the advantage against a properly geared and skilled wotb barb.

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2013, 13:54:50 pm »

and what about wd vs wiz then... what do u propose? coz i feel pretty hopeless in that match up

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2013, 20:50:35 pm »

and what about wd vs wiz then... what do u propose? coz i feel pretty hopeless in that match up

That's my current proposal. I also think that DH needs to be toned down a bit offensively (e.g. no offensive passives like sharpshooter) vs. Wiz but that's not my field. It's really easy for DHs to get in a huge guaranteed crit of fan/impale while Wiz can only hope for a random crit of the measly 130% storm armor.

-   In duels versus the “Wizard” can use only one of the skills “Corpse Spiders” with rune “Leaping Spiders”, “Firebats”, “Haunt” and “Spirit Barrage”.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the skill “Horrify”.
-   In duels versus the “Wizard” is not allowed to use the passive skill “Blood Ritual”.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 20:58:12 pm by Euronymous »

Iria

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2013, 21:03:35 pm »

I'm ok with removing Sharpshooter if we can keep our Boar and Preparation - Battle Scars (or at least one).

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 09, 2013, 21:32:53 pm »

is wiz vs wd so much worse than barb vs wd, so that you want to ban all those skills but only bats vs barb? ( a lot of those bans should be tested vs barbs too until at least top barbs have a shot at winning some rounds vs top wds)

also wizzes vs barbs has just become favorable to wiz, if they gear smart and know how to play.

it's funny that the wiz uses a heavy stun build but we are not allowed to use our only cc breaker... I know wotb would shift it towards barbs ( although with wormhole I bet wizzards could run just fine ) but maybe only allowing nova or wave stun should be considered.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 21:35:49 pm by DarkRaven »

Euronymous

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 09, 2013, 23:34:25 pm »

@Iria
Like I said, it's not really my field. But from what I have experienced and read DH vs. Wiz is extremely one-sided. They have no dots, no hard-hitting spell that could randomly one-hit a decent DH like Wave of Light or Spirit Barrage could and almost no help from defensive skills.
I don't think just banning some regen skills is gonna balance this. Right now you can just jump on them and kill in a few crits.

@Dark
The difference is like day and night. Use low dps pve gear on your barb vs. WD if you want to see how Wiz feel. Dead in a second without being able to even scratch the WD :D

I agree it's a bit lame to play vs. a heavy cc build with no cc breaker. You can just sit there and watch and hope that you get out before you die.
WotB is just way too overpowered, I don't see how a Barb could ever lose with it. All you have to do is force Wiz into using their teleport and then go berserker. And even if the Wiz somehow manages to never use teleport, ~15s to catch a Wiz after his teleport in this tiny arena is more than enough.

I don't think it's proven yet that the match-up is favorable for Wiz at the highest level and until then I think it's better to have some ranked duels and see how it goes. I find it a bit harsh to nerf the class that was beaten up for months in advance, let's give them there moment to shine ;)

Btw. in case you haven't noticed, rule dev activity is really low right now. Me personally, I won't even be playing in 1.08 and probably won't play again until Blizz starts giving a shit about PvP. The other devs have a similar mindset or so it seems at least since I haven't seen any activity from most of them in weeks if not months.
There will probably be the need to hire some new rule devs soon. Keep in mind no matter what we did or the remaining/new devs will do, our possibilites are extremely limited and thus rules will always favor a certain class or build.

Let's just get d3cl running again and have some fun ;)

link1313

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2013, 00:09:47 am »

when is season 2 starting?

DarkRaven

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2013, 07:02:11 am »

I was wondering how did the check procedure at the beginning of a game worked up so far?

I think there are some situations where a player can use X skill to counter Y skill from the other, or some other piece of gear.

Are the players gearing and changing skills out of inspect range and are not allowed to change anything once they approach each other?

"After each player wrote 'OK' neither player are allowed to change skills or items."

So I can change skills while in inspect range but before he says ok?

also between rounds, if a player changes a skill and the other sees it and wants to counter it, how is this solved?

For ex if monk uses palm with fire rune I want to use superstition, but if he uses other rune I prefer other passive. Or if I use rend vs wiz he would like to have mirror, if I use hota he may prefer other skills... but if I see no mirror I want rend again :) isn't this endless ?

yup, let's get it going, I'm sure rules can be tweaked if there are obvious class imbalances ( like if a top player loses to all players from another class)

Mnich

• Kabraxis
  • Marche Ou Crève. TOG
    • View Profile
    • The OlD Guard
« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2013, 15:51:42 pm »

Mend something in duels Monk vs Wd ( terrible duel )

haunt baned
horrify rune Frightening Aspect  baned

Être alerte l'ennemi est partout, même là où ne s'attend pas.

Marche Ou Crève Frère.

TheBGAnt

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2013, 22:04:20 pm »

Hmm ok am I missing something or not? If I am missing something I apologies for my next words! I have played vs. 3 barbs already. All of them were using War Cry (I am DH)… Was War Cry Banned or not?! The second barb changed an item without telling me. The third barb changed rune for a skill without telling me. All 3 barbs ignore basic starting rules. Why barbs ignore rules? Lilith is offline in the game for like 10 days so I am writing here. What is going on?! I am not happy I can tell you that…

VimeR

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2013, 22:12:13 pm »

In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” the skill “War cry” is only allowed to use with “no rune”.

also players can change skills/items between duels

TheBGAnt

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2013, 22:17:11 pm »

They can only if they say so if not its abuse :)

-   In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and the “Wizard” the skill “War cry” is not allowed to be used.

That is the rule.

In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” the skill “War cry” is only allowed to use with “no rune”.

That I had to look for. Why is not in this topic on page 1 i don't know.

VimeR

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 22:23:07 pm by VimeR »

TheBGAnt

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2013, 22:25:37 pm »

Yep that's what I sad. Those rules must be here on page 1 also. At the moment "In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” and the “Wizard” the skill “War cry” is not allowed to be used." and "In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” the skill “War cry” is only allowed to use with “no rune”." are correct.

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2013, 22:31:03 pm »

Barbarian

-   In duels versus the “Monk” and “Wizard” is not allowed to use the skill “Wrath of the Berserker”.
-   In duels versus the “Demon Hunter” the skill “War cry” is only allowed to use with “no rune”.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 18 queries.