• March 28, 2024, 10:16:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Ruleversion 1.2.6 [Open Discussion]  (Read 135943 times)

ximae

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleversion 1.2.6 [Open Discussion]
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2013, 17:40:37 pm »

I do agree dh might be a bit over nerfed vs wiz in the lower gear levels coz if the wiz gears around having a strong storm armour the dh needs very high ehp to not get one shot with a crit. still i think dh could test gearing more ehp/dodge heavy and see how it flows, i volunteer for that  if anyone wants.

the problem is really a wiz has very few chances to hit a dh if he is not using it as most of the attacks have a slow travel time or pretty limited range in comparison to the dhs, so he is really vulnerable to just ssing and getting pounded on. He would have no chance vs dh withot sa. At higher gear levels where sa doesnt oneshot and gets dodged often it is a much more balanced matchup, specially if the dh plays it smart and really tries to not be in range of sa out of ss or abuse the terrain like walls etc.  For example predsr pawned me pretty hard as he knew what he was doing. What wouldnt be fair is to go back to how the mu was b4 where wiz had 0 chance as the dh could play very agressive with ss and just impale/fan of knives the wiz a couple times in a rush and it would be over.

anyways i think this still needs more testing.

Ps: if a monk is having problems with sa he is just not using the right skillset, hello mystic ally?

Lusitano

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2013, 17:42:40 pm »

First of all is lucky you can read my words, since im not english , and in my country english is no a need.

Second- emotions are high when your feeling that people are abussing theyr power, like your friend rule maker (wizard) he awser my comment on general , by sayng that my comment is funny...

Has  monk (undergeared has you say) i have the right to express my self and my opinion , and my opinion is that if WD LOST HAUNT Wizards should loose storm armor.....

Yes haunt is not dodgable , but that is not whta makes the skill being op, is the fact that you dont need to have the target on site to hit him....simple has that

Stormarmor is the same you dont need to see me to hit me, and this wiz that i battled with was taking advantage of that, by camping on the bottom corner were he can see my legs and i cant see him, to kill me with storm armor...

If you guys are loking for a consistent and challenging pvp , this needs to change, its unfair that from all the char´s the wiz keeps the storm armor and all the others get nerfed....

And dont come with dodge conversation, thats just excuzes, 1dodge in 20 attacks. and by the way im undergeared you say? perhaps you should see barbs with 180k hp getting 1hited....and dh´s with legacy set too

I dont feel undergeared since on pvp on diablo i been quite happy with my performance.

Things change when you guys lock the mobility by not allowing to go to island, whyen you nerf our range attacks against dh and wizards.

Has a monk , i feel disadvantage against wiz , speacially whne they play has campers, and say GO first waiting for me to say go and attack me on the same sec when i dont even know were he is...

Now if for you this sounds fair and sweet, then just ignore my words, and keep on doing a good jog on making this a fair and challenging match....

im here has a costumer, and in my planet costumer is always right!

check the pictures that your friend posted os the battle and check how camped he is on bottom....xD

You call that guy a rules developer? i call it need to win....even if its not fair...i left the combat cuz emidiatly i understood how unfair this is....and has you can SEE on foruns im not the only one complaining about storm armor, so stop making this has a direct war to me....

Thnks

Sojourn

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2013, 18:25:08 pm »

I dueled with a barb in BvB league today and he said it is allowed to leave game and rejoin to refresh his WoTB. Is this true?

Yavyred

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2013, 18:33:37 pm »

ofc, else he would just not say go until the cooldown is rdy. like that he is only saving u time!

Wittster

• Honorary Member
  • Iskatu
  • Alexwitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2013, 19:03:55 pm »

Good post Lusitano!

I'm glad you took the time to write a proper post with content and no pointless emotions. Now we can discuss how to fix these issues and that's the whole point of this test league, to identify problems and fix them. You'll have to remember that we only just started this whole pvp thing and we need everyone in the community to work together and make it better, no point in arguing over stupid things.

As I see it, you have two issues with current rules:
1) wizards camping in the bottom of the map have an unfair advantage
2) Storm Armor is overpowered

As for number 1, you might be right and we will test this further. If the rules developers agree, then we'll probably make a rule stating that no class can camp on the bottom edge of the map or something.
As for number 2, test league results will probably show if this is true or not, but things like using an Ally, only attacking when serenity and Near Death Experience are up or simply stacking mroe hp can definitely help you there.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback and we will look into these issues :)

Happy duelling!

HoaKiem

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2013, 22:42:46 pm »

hes not an admin, and a 'rule developer' is someone who gives ideas/feedback for rules, we do not create them

Personaly from looking at your gear, I think your undergeared for pvp, as a DH i see wiz have 0 chance without storm armour.

From also looking at your past posts, it kinda seems like your a big kid, thats why your probably not getting serious answers :)

@HoaKiem, SA is 100% but its also dodgable, i think your probably undergeared also, its something you need to work towards
@pred: my gear is normal imo, not even medium high but cant say "under" not every1 can somehow got eq. like urs. agree I have to work on it but this game is not for few ppl with good gear. 90% players are with normal wore gears so think about it.

zbayno

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2013, 00:36:31 am »

I don't mind to play without Storm Armor, we have also different armor spells :) But i want to say about another thing: in my opinion the cemetary ground (left down corner) should be also banned. A lot of players I have played with just stand there and camping, waiting what will their opponent do. They are not wizards only, monks and dh as well. Beacuse of standing there they can see me earlier than I can see them. I remember PTR, when most of fights were on the middle, maybe near the fountain or the walls. Now most of players just camp on the cemetary. I do not want to insult anyone, but this kind of behaviour is just noobish.

PS. I was playing with xdudix (monk) last night and our fight was pretty even so you should test storm armor vs monks/dh longer. Maybe Lusitano's issue is connected with low gear? I do not really know his stats, just wondering.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 00:42:46 am by zbayno »

KNHO

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2013, 04:01:33 am »

Give us the Boar vs wizzard back!
The battle scars nurf is enough  ;) ! About Storm armor, there i can agree a lil bit.
This automatic Robocop attack is 1-hitting targets, if not, it hurts a lot.
The problem with it is, that it has nothing to do with the player, it lives it´s own life.
I don´t know if a wizzard can kill someone without it, if not...you guys have to stack "Lightning resists", and a lot of HP vs a Wizzard.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:03:05 am by KNHO »

chucknorris#1885

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2013, 04:15:15 am »

1)  camping in the bottom of the map have an unfair advantage

this is called map control. understanding it is a huge advantage is the first step to not sucking at pvp. however it is completely fair as every class can take map control and every class gets the same benefit from it the main focus in your duel should be to obtain it and defend it at all costs. a noob will camp at the bottom to maintain map control however more experienced players will learn to cover the entire map while maintaining it.

Its just silly to suggest any thing like banning the bottom of the graveyard. there will simply be a new bottom of the map that has the most advantageous map control. and I assure you banning these kinds of things will simply drive away any skilled players from the league.

zbayno

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01:20 am »

Maybe for you it is understanding map. But atm the advantage from it is do big, that don't be surprised when both players wilk argue, who should start from the cemetary. For me it is just camping, like noobs playing CS:) see, that in D2 we did not have such an issue.

RoGH

• Gotrek Gurnisson
  • D3CL Administrator
  • Lucion
  • nC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2013, 10:16:27 am »

Oh, we did, especially while playing ava, but not only. GA range was way bigger while standing lower on the map than the enemy, that was really cool map controling :)
And a solution with starting from certain spots is simple - player who have challenged is starting first round on left bottom corner, other player on right top corner. They switch places every round. Simple as that.

Forti

• Zagraal
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »

Rogh said everything about. Apple this on rulez please.  On this test league. And with that we Need news on home page with all rulez, some players dont even know that There are rulez.

Made by tapatalk

ricebowl

• Iskatu
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2013, 18:57:10 pm »

Oh, we did, especially while playing ava, but not only. GA range was way bigger while standing lower on the map than the enemy, that was really cool map controling :)
And a solution with starting from certain spots is simple - player who have challenged is starting first round on left bottom corner, other player on right top corner. They switch places every round. Simple as that.

Great idea, I fully support this.

kemo

• Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2013, 14:45:29 pm »

Any barb give me any tips on how to beat a DH. Ive been working on my gear quite well. I'm doing well vs other classes ...well maybe not winning but giving them a run for there money and coming close to more wins. With out war cry i feel like i need a certain spec and gear set up. I cant quite figure whats the best way to go about it. Plz add me in game kemo#1479 if you have the time to help me out. I've started using a 4pc BT and prowlers with range mitigation. I have roughly 150k hp with 1000ar /10000armor. This is not a qq  post i just need some tips with my spec. I turtle and try to get a rend off when i can but if i get hit by one crit impale and have to use my pain its over. Figured with the rule change I might catch someones attention here. Thanks

jointit

• Honorary Member
  • Kabraxis
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2013, 18:11:29 pm »

Due to barb seemingly being OP still we are thinking about the following rulechanges

Barb vs DH
- No sprint

Barb vs wiz
- No rend
- No sprint

Barb vs monk
- no shield allowed

As we also see WD still being OP we think about this as a general rule
- No shield allowed
- No amulet or rings allowed, they must be left empty at all times.

Whats your thoughts about this date?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip
Diablo 3 PvP, Diablo 3 PvP

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 18 queries.